Frank Lampard IS WORLD CLASS

Tomo

Haha yeah! I love how Liverpool fans talk of the Champions League triumph as amazing and all that but give no credit to the man who led them there - Rafael Benitez (heck they don't even credit their keeper who won it for them Dudek! :lol: )

Exactly <_< He was, is and always will be a friggin beast!

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol ! 'Cause you defend Gerrard like any good scouser would do. But this is just Humour lol.

Yes i am a Scouser, i have basically lived in Liverpool all of my life, that does not sway my opinion though. Even if you read into those statistics it proves my point the fact that Gerrard is even close to Lampard in attacking contribution is shocking considering the players liverpool have. Since Torres joined Liverpool Gerrards goals and assist ratio's have improved greatly due to him playing with a potent striker. Lampard struggled to play behind the striker when we had a diamond formation, Gerrard excels in that position because of his natural fitness and agility.

Seriously Steven Gerrard is one of the greatest most naturally talented players the English have ever produced. He is better than Lampard and that is the truth, Gerrard inspires players, he plays the game with hunger and desire plus his ability is out of this world.

no1 is denying tht hes one of the greatest the English have ever produced..........but if u want to compare between lampard n gerrard take 1 example of this years world cup match against germany.......wen lampard moved forward from his holding role d goal came(sadly denied by linesman) but till tht time der wasnt any creativity from england...........if lampard would have given creative role instead of much of holding in England's world cup campaign the story would have been different...

Gerrards goals and assist ratio's have improved greatly due to him playing with a potent striker. Lampard struggled to play behind the striker when we had a diamond formation, Gerrard excels in that position because of his natural fitness and agility.

But there you're simply talking positional wise.

Our argument here is the overall contribution to the team. The drive and skill to play for 90minutes and make that difference, to come up with the genius to pick out the right ball, on the ground or over head. You said it yourself - Gerrard only plays well when Torres is around. Lampard can do it with or without Drogba. Remember our 7-1 over Sunderland, when he got 4? No Drogba there.

interetsing stats here for both players for CLUB AND COUNTRY make of it as you will, but for me there is no contest Lampard is alot better, but i just feel alot of people think gerrard is better because he stands out more than lampard but i think that its more down to the fact gerrard plays with alot of useess players so he would naturally look better than lampard who has been surrounded by world class players for years and still produces these stats that any striker in the world would be proud of let alone a midfelder.

Frank Lampard

2009/10 - Goals: 30 Assists: 20 Yellow cards: 0 Red Cards: 0 = 80

2008/09 - Goals: 23 Assists: 19 Yellow cards: 4 Red Cards: 2 = 57

2007/08 - Goals: 22 Assists: 11 Yellow cards: 5 Red Cards: 1 = 48

2006/07 - Goals: 22 Assists: 15 Yellow cards: 8 Red Cards: 0 = 51

2005/06 - Goals: 23 Assists: 9 Yellow cards: 9 Red Cards: 0 = 46

2004/05 - Goals: 22 Assists: 16 Yellow cards: 8 Red Cards: 0 = 52

2003/04 - Goals: 20 Assists: 6 Yellow cards: 5 Red Cards: 0 = 41

2002/03 - Goals: 8 Assists: 2 Yellow cards: 3 Red Cards: 0 = 15

2001/02 - Goals: 7 Assists: 3 Yellow cards: 3 Red Cards: 1 = 12

Total - Goals: 177 Assists: 101 Yellow cards: 45 Red Cards: 4 = 402 points

Steven Gerrard

2009/10 - Goals: 15 Assists: 12 Yellow cards: 9 Red Cards: 0 = 33

2008/09 - Goals: 25 Assists: 13 Yellow cards: 6 Red Cards: 0 = 57

2007/08 - Goals: 22 Assists: 17 Yellow cards: 6 Red Cards: 0 = 55

2006/07 - Goals: 14 Assists: 10 Yellow cards: 3 Red Cards: 0 = 35

2005/06 - Goals: 25 Assists: 11 Yellow cards: 4 Red Cards: 1 = 55

2004/05 - Goals: 15 Assists: 5 Yellow cards: 6 Red Cards: 0 = 29

2003/04 - Goals: 7 Assists: 7 Yellow cards: 3 Red Cards: 0 = 18

2002/03 - Goals: 9 Assists: 8 Yellow cards: 5 Red Cards: 1 = 19

2001/02 - Goals: 5 Assists: 0 Yellow cards: 8 Red Cards: 1 = 0

Total - Goals: 137 Assists: 83 Yellow cards: 50 Red Cards: 3 = 301 points

* 2 points for a goal, 1 point for an assist, -1 for a yellow card, -2 for a red card

:goodpost:

Yes i am a Scouser, i have basically lived in Liverpool all of my life, that does not sway my opinion though. Even if you read into those statistics it proves my point the fact that Gerrard is even close to Lampard in attacking contribution is shocking considering the players liverpool have. Since Torres joined Liverpool Gerrards goals and assist ratio's have improved greatly due to him playing with a potent striker. Lampard struggled to play behind the striker when we had a diamond formation, Gerrard excels in that position because of his natural fitness and agility.

Is it a coinsidence that Gerrards 2 best seasons (07/08 and 08/09) is when he has Alonso and Mascerano protecting the crap out of him, he hasnt looked so good since they both jumped ship.

Our argument here is the overall contribution to the team. The drive and skill to play for 90minutes and make that difference, to come up with the genius to pick out the right ball, on the ground or over head. You said it yourself - Gerrard only plays well when Torres is around. Lampard can do it with or without Drogba. Remember our 7-1 over Sunderland, when he got 4? No Drogba there.

spot on LDN Blue.............n if badboy wants to talk positional wise in any formation (except in diamond formation when he plays on tip of the diamond) der is no box-to-box midfielder like Lampard.......

Gerrard was one of best midfielder's in the world before Torres arrived, Torres simply supplemented it.

Gerrard was one of best midfielder's in the world before Torres arrived, Torres simply supplemented it.

I'd disagree. Remember, Lampard was the one who came 2nd in the Player of the World award that year, only Ronaldinho was better. I know this teams nothing in context - But I'm just saying :lol:

No-one will argue Gerrard's not world class, because he is. There's no denying that. I just think Lampard's much better at what he does. Their roles in the team are quite different so you've got to take that into account too.

Not only his fantastic statistics but even his behaviour on and off the pitch, that's what make him so unique. Just look at his reaction when he was sent off at Anfield (under Scolari), he simply left the field although he knew he didn't deserve the card. Look at his reaction when Ronaldo dived at the Bridge (under Scolari), he simply smiled. Never argued. Look at his personal life, he has had some problems but the way he got through them, I mean the radio conflict, stunning. He is perfect. And when he's not, he's training more than ever to get better.

Lampard got the second place in FIFA World Player of The Year, Gerrard only got on miserable 3th place. Gerrard is overrated in England in same way Rooney is. Dont think that around the world there is this hype around him.

Well Gerrard's not really shit, but I personally think that Lampard is better.

Gerrard's faster with the ball and can run with it forward, just like a striker. Lampard would rather pass it or shoot.

They're both brilliant midfielders but there is only one Lampard!

Lampard got the second place in FIFA World Player of The Year, Gerrard only got on miserable 3th place. Gerrard is overrated in England in same way Rooney is. Dont think that around the world there is this hype around him.

How does Brazil view English football and their players?

Do they like Drogba over in Brazil?

Football is about scoring goals and Frank has a terrific record of scoring them in high numbers, and as well as making them for other team mates. But it is the consistency he does it with which makes him better then most, i bet he has scored more goals in a couple of seasons then strikers!