Frank Lampard IS WORLD CLASS

Tomo

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lampard isnt a c**t and doesnt need to make a specticle of himself by lunging in and running around like a moron. How can you say Lamps doesnt have drive? Of course he does! He hasnt won trophies by resting on his laurels has he!!!!! Lamps is far more intelligent player and knows what he is doing and doesnt have to chuck his toys out of the pram. He has a massive impact in midfield and that has been obvious to see while we havent had him.

If you put Lampard in the Liverpool midfield he would suffer. Lampard plays with a world class target man that will flick the ball into his space, Gerrard plays with an out and out goal scorer who will not set him up as much. Gerrard would shine if he played for Sunderland, Lampard would struggle for Sunderland. Lampard needs players around him to supply his runs Gerrard has the pace and agility to do it him self !

You do realise that franks runs are often late and into the unoccupied space to get his shots off, that is intelligence something gerrard lacks.So gerrard would shine at sunderland which I take is your point that he would shine anywhere? if thats the case why has he been so non existent for the last two seasons? great players stand out from the crowd when the going gets tough they drag their team up by the scruff of the neck, not walk around hands on hips with a look of 'why am I here' across their mug like I said gerrard is a very good player when utilised right but you need to build a team round him to compensate for his lack of teamwork he needs two defensive minded players sitting constantly to cover the space he leaves, whereas with frank he uses his brain to know when to make his late run when nobody is picking him up and he isnt leaving a glaring hole with which the opposition can counter into, because of that he doesnt have to make the rash tackles gerrard has to to make up for it, key word here is intelligence a very important characteristic of a world class player one which they all have had from beckenbauer to redondo to zidane, they all have an awareness of what is going on around them as well as what is infront of them, gerrard has only the latter.

Yes he arrived late in the box and he powered a header past DIDA to start it all. That is what im talking about he inspires players, did you see what he did in the FA cup final 2006, Lampard could not do that in his dreams because he does not have that type of drive. Tevez Rooney Gerrard Essien Eto'o are driven players that can make a significant difference in any situation, Lampard is laid back and relaxed.

Gerrard was performing wayyyyyyy before torres arrived.

And you don't think Lampard would be in the box in a situation like that? He'd have been there, at the right time, in the right position to head home - I guarantee that ;)

Gerrard is driven, yes I'll give you that. But the example of the 2006 final I think is unfair to say Lampard would've not done the same. Gerrard's goal came in injury time, so all the players would've done the same. Lampard, in a cup final, would've been demanding the ball.. He would've been running tirelessly to get a goal (or set one up). The circumstances are different.

Gerrard will not be involved for 90minutes. There are long and frequent times where Gerrard, like Drogba, will just ghost through a game. Providing moments of energy and inspiration. Lampard will be present for the full 90. He will be operating the midfield, demanding the ball and distributing it in all the right areas. He's the type that looks to create (which is actually more effective than going for glory all the time.)

I do think it's a bit harsh to deny him of that night in Istanbul. I thought the whole team was magnificent that night, I don't recall Gerrard diving for the penalty. A truly legendary night of football - The whole team were heroes, not just Gerrard.

You have your answer at 05:37

He's made up his mind to go down as soon as he arrives into the box, doesn't make an attempt at dribbling/shooting even when just one on one with Dida. And at a mere tap on the back from Gattuso, Eshtevie Me is on the floor.

Yes he arrived late in the box and he powered a header past DIDA to start it all. That is what im talking about he inspires players, did you see what he did in the FA cup final 2006, Lampard could not do that in his dreams because he does not have that type of drive. Tevez Rooney Gerrard Essien Eto'o are driven players that can make a significant difference in any situation, Lampard is laid back and relaxed.

Gerrard was performing wayyyyyyy before torres arrived.

Did you watch the Champions League final when Lampard scored and got us back in the game?

How about the 2007 FA Cup final when Lampard set up the winner for Drogba with a marvellous dink? Or in 09 when he scored the winner himself?

You comments are laughable and deserve no serious replies. :champions:

You do realise that franks runs are often late and into the unoccupied space to get his shots off, that is intelligence something gerrard lacks.So gerrard would shine at sunderland which I take is your point that he would shine anywhere? if thats the case why has he been so non existent for the last two seasons? great players stand out from the crowd when the going gets tough they drag their team up by the scruff of the neck, not walk around hands on hips with a look of 'why am I here' across their mug like I said gerrard is a very good player when utilised right but you need to build a team round him to compensate for his lack of teamwork he needs two defensive minded players sitting constantly to cover the space he leaves, whereas with frank he uses his brain to know when to make his late run when nobody is picking him up and he isnt leaving a glaring hole with which the opposition can counter into, because of that he doesnt have to make the rash tackles gerrard has to to make up for it, key word here is intelligence a very important characteristic of a world class player one which they all have had from beckenbauer to redondo to zidane, they all have an awareness of what is going on around them as well as what is infront of them, gerrard has only the latter.

Exactly. Lampard, every season, stands out for Chelsea. A club with some of the best talent in the world. He's able to outshine players like Essien, Drogba, Ballack, Deco, Joe Cole ect ect. Gerrard was outshined by Benayoun last season!! :lol:

Lampard isnt a c**t and doesnt need to make a specticle of himself by lunging in and running around like a moron. How can you say Lamps doesnt have drive? Of course he does! He hasnt won trophies by resting on his laurels has he!!!!! Lamps is far more intelligent player and knows what he is doing and doesnt have to chuck his toys out of the pram. He has a massive impact in midfield and that has been obvious to see while we havent had him.

Yes Lampard is world class but he is no Steven Gerrard. I do not care about Gerrards personality, his winning attitude is what makes him so great.

You have your answer at 05:37

He's made up his mind to go down as soon as he arrives into the box, doesn't make an attempt at dribbling/shooting even when just one on one with Dida. And at a mere tap on the back from Gattuso, Eshtevie Me is on the floor.

I personally believe that's a penalty. Gerrard's through on goal, Gattuso's clearly pulled him back by the shoulder, from behind. Whether Gerrard was going to unleash the shot at that moment or not is irrelevant. Gattuso is experienced enough to know if you touch a player like that, when it's him vs the keeper, the benefit of doubt it always with the striker. (or midfielder in this case :lol: )

Exactly. Lampard, every season, stands out for Chelsea. A club with some of the best talent in the world. He's able to outshine players like Essien, Drogba, Ballack, Deco, Joe Cole ect ect. Gerrard was outshined by Benayoun last season!! :lol:

Exactly Lampard plays with much better players.

Exactly Lampard plays with much better players.

But Lampard outshines those players. Which is a credit to him. Gerrard takes a back seat to players like Benayoun, Xabi Alonso ect.

I wonder if I sound like Badboy when LND tries his best to have a proper discussion with me :unsure:

:lol: definitely not. You construct your debates in a much more detailed way. Badboy gives a few lines :whistling:

I have my opinion and i am entitled to it.

Agreed ;)

I personally believe that's a penalty. Gerrard's through on goal, Gattuso's clearly pulled him back by the shoulder, from behind. Whether Gerrard was going to unleash the shot at that moment or not is irrelevant. Gattuso is experienced enough to know if you touch a player like that, when it's him vs the keeper, the benefit of doubt it always with the striker. (or midfielder in this case :lol: )

Gattuso's done nothing to the effect of 'pulling him back' - it's hardly a tap on his shoulder. Gerrard's looking to dive as soon as he gets clear. But oh well.

Funny thing is - poor Tomo probably didn't realise his thread would turn into 4 (and counting) pages of this centuries old Gerrard vs Lampard debate laugh.gif