Frank Lampard IS WORLD CLASS

Tomo

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes Lampard is world class but he is no Steven Gerrard. I do not care about Gerrards personality, his winning attitude is what makes him so great.

Well thank fuck for that if lampard was like gerrard he would only be half the player he currently is and not a world class player.

Where's the winning attitude that gerrard displays according to your self as its been nowhere to be seen seen for at least 2 seasons now, all I see in his attitude is one of self pity that he is in such a poor team.

Lol Gerrard takes a back seat, Gerrard takes it upon himself to drag his inferior team back into contention.

In the 80-90th minute :rolleyes:

He is basically like Drogba - Will only truly give a fuck in closing stages of a game. The total opposite to Lampard who gives it everything for 90minutes, and creates every single game.

Well thank fuck for that if lampard was like gerrard he would only be half the player he currently is and not a world class player.

Where's the winning attitude that gerrard displays according to your self as its been nowhere to be seen seen for at least 2 seasons now, all I see in his attitude is one of self pity that he is in such a poor team.

maybe he should play for his beloved Everton instead .......

pic-gerrard_everton.jpg:whistling:

Xabi Alonso, by no coincidence also a intelligent and 'laidback and relaxed' type, was always Liverpool's best player and so incredibly underrated. He was world-class himself and made his team-mates look like better players. He left and what happened? Liverpool have become horrible side and Gerrard and Torres have been poor ever since. Xabi Alonso was the true genius in Liverpool's team.

Xabi Alonso, by no coincidence also a intelligent and 'laidback and relaxed' type, was always Liverpool's best player and so incredibly underrated. He was world-class himself and made his team-mates look like better players. He left and what happened? Liverpool have become horrible side and Gerrard and Torres have been poor ever since. Xabi Alonso was the true genius in Liverpool's team.

Spot on.

While I don't believe Benitez is as crap as others will make you think, getting rid of Alonso was his biggest mistake.

While I don't believe Benitez is as crap as others will make you think, getting rid of Alonso was his biggest mistake.

Haha yeah! I love how Liverpool fans talk of the Champions League triumph as amazing and all that but give no credit to the man who led them there - Rafael Benitez (heck they don't even credit their keeper who won it for them Dudek! :lol: )

interetsing stats here for both players for CLUB AND COUNTRY make of it as you will, but for me there is no contest Lampard is alot better, but i just feel alot of people think gerrard is better because he stands out more than lampard but i think that its more down to the fact gerrard plays with alot of useess players so he would naturally look better than lampard who has been surrounded by world class players for years and still produces these stats that any striker in the world would be proud of let alone a midfelder.

Frank Lampard

2009/10 - Goals: 30 Assists: 20 Yellow cards: 0 Red Cards: 0 = 80

2008/09 - Goals: 23 Assists: 19 Yellow cards: 4 Red Cards: 2 = 57

2007/08 - Goals: 22 Assists: 11 Yellow cards: 5 Red Cards: 1 = 48

2006/07 - Goals: 22 Assists: 15 Yellow cards: 8 Red Cards: 0 = 51

2005/06 - Goals: 23 Assists: 9 Yellow cards: 9 Red Cards: 0 = 46

2004/05 - Goals: 22 Assists: 16 Yellow cards: 8 Red Cards: 0 = 52

2003/04 - Goals: 20 Assists: 6 Yellow cards: 5 Red Cards: 0 = 41

2002/03 - Goals: 8 Assists: 2 Yellow cards: 3 Red Cards: 0 = 15

2001/02 - Goals: 7 Assists: 3 Yellow cards: 3 Red Cards: 1 = 12

Total - Goals: 177 Assists: 101 Yellow cards: 45 Red Cards: 4 = 402 points

Steven Gerrard

2009/10 - Goals: 15 Assists: 12 Yellow cards: 9 Red Cards: 0 = 33

2008/09 - Goals: 25 Assists: 13 Yellow cards: 6 Red Cards: 0 = 57

2007/08 - Goals: 22 Assists: 17 Yellow cards: 6 Red Cards: 0 = 55

2006/07 - Goals: 14 Assists: 10 Yellow cards: 3 Red Cards: 0 = 35

2005/06 - Goals: 25 Assists: 11 Yellow cards: 4 Red Cards: 1 = 55

2004/05 - Goals: 15 Assists: 5 Yellow cards: 6 Red Cards: 0 = 29

2003/04 - Goals: 7 Assists: 7 Yellow cards: 3 Red Cards: 0 = 18

2002/03 - Goals: 9 Assists: 8 Yellow cards: 5 Red Cards: 1 = 19

2001/02 - Goals: 5 Assists: 0 Yellow cards: 8 Red Cards: 1 = 0

Total - Goals: 137 Assists: 83 Yellow cards: 50 Red Cards: 3 = 301 points

* 2 points for a goal, 1 point for an assist, -1 for a yellow card, -2 for a red card

I don't really like to use stats in a Lampard vs Gerrard debate.. Mainly because it's not always about the goals and all that. It's more about the overall contribution. On the ball, off the ball, the movement, the intelligence and all that. While the stats help with goal and assists ratios they don't really tell the whole story.