Frank Lampard IS WORLD CLASS

Tomo

Gerrard can do a lot more with less resources then Lampard. If lampard played for a shit team like Liverpool he would not be as good. Gerrard can do everything lampard can do but he can also track back with his brilliant pace and he has good agility that is why he can play out wide.

interestingreallygoonp1.gif

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gerrard can do a lot more with less resources then Lampard. If lampard played for a shit team like Liverpool he would not be as good. Gerrard can do everything lampard can do but he can also track back with his brilliant pace and he has good agility that is why he can play out wide.

I stopped taking you seriously in this matter when I read that, i'm sorry.

Track back and do what put a tackle in that usually results in a freekick, when he plays out wide left for england do you see where he actually plays? he plays on barry/lampards shoulder tucked right in leaving a gaping hole down the left and unbalancing the whole formation, he is as thick as two short planks, the big difference between the two is lampard is a team player gerrard it seems plays for himself and is only ever looking for individual glory.

Sadly have to disagree due to this

steven_gerrard_1.jpg

so they won that on penalties? whoopeee............ and done sod all ever since!

You know as well as the rest of us we should of won The Champions League by now but there is soooooooooooooooooooo much controversy to why we havent.

Gerrard cant even be bloody consistant in the EPL so they can win that we have. Lampard ahs scored most of the winning goals to seal the Prem titles and has scored bagfulls along the way.

I don't think so. Gerrard's movement on the pitch is as good as Lampard, he's very predictable to play if the opposition does their homework. His vision is nowhere near as clear as Lampard, where Lampard excels is, he knows exactly what he's going to do before receiving the ball. He knows where everyone is, where the weak links are and who's making the runs. Gerrard takes a while, he receives the ball, stops, looks and then provides the ball. If defenders are smart, they'd close him down instantly.

What's more is Gerrard is a massive sulk. When things don't go his way, when he's dispossessed and all that, he pulls a sulk and starts moaning at everyone. Lampard has the coolest head on the pitch. His composure is next to none.

Track back and do what put a tackle in that usually results in a freekick, when he plays out wide left for england do you see where he actually plays? he plays on barry/lampards shoulder tucked right in leaving a gaping hole down the left and unbalancing the whole formation, he is as thick as two short planks, the big difference between the two is lampard is a team player gerrard it seems plays for himself and is only ever looking for individual glory.

Agree with that. Against Germany he went to play as CM. He left Ash with two players to deal with.

He can bee good. Even at defending and tracking back. But he doesnt do that for whole match.

This is the moment I realised Frank Lampard is one of my favourite players ever. I still get a little emotional just watching this. :(

Is there honestly one supporter who didn't cry (with joy) that night or cry (in pain) after the final? I'm not ashamed to say I did both times. Legendary season that, even though we lost 3 finals.

If you put Lampard in the Liverpool midfield he would suffer. Lampard plays with a world class target man that will flick the ball into his space, Gerrard plays with an out and out goal scorer who will not set him up as much. Gerrard would shine if he played for Sunderland, Lampard would struggle for Sunderland. Lampard needs players around him to supply his runs Gerrard has the pace and agility to do it him self !

I do think it's a bit harsh to deny him of that night in Istanbul. I thought the whole team was magnificent that night, I don't recall Gerrard diving for the penalty. A truly legendary night of football - The whole team were heroes, not just Gerrard.

If you put Lampard in the Liverpool midfield he would suffer. Lampard plays with a world class target man that will flick the ball into his space, Gerrard plays with an out and out goal scorer who will not set him up as much. Gerrard would shine if he played for Sunderland, Lampard would struggle for Sunderland. Lampard needs players around him to supply his runs Gerrard has the pace and agility to do it him self !

What?! Gerrard can only play when he's got a striker ahead of him. His combination with Torres is the only reason Liverpool win games (99% of the time). When Torres does not play, Gerrard doesn't perform. Same thing with England, an England without Rooney = A quiet Gerrard.

Lampard's got the ability to drive into the box, with the ball and strike it home for a goal. His free-kick ability outshines Gerrard too, hitting the target every time he steps up (for England). The argument about Sunderland is wrong too. Lampard would provide genius, innovation and simplicity. He wouldn't try and go for glory when things aren't going his way, he'll be smart. He'll look up, within a second he'll identify who's he's passing too, how he's passing it, the weight needed. If he's going to shoot he'll decide, within the second, how far does he need to be, where does he need to (positional wise) and is it the best option

He's also someone that will be in the box supporting the man with the ball. So if someone shoots and if rebounds off the keeper, 90% of the time, you'll see Lampard ready to fire home. For a cross it'll be the same, he'll be in the box, ready to head home.

I do think it's a bit harsh to deny him of that night in Istanbul. I thought the whole team was magnificent that night, I don't recall Gerrard diving for the penalty. A truly legendary night of football - The whole team were heroes, not just Gerrard.

Yes he arrived late in the box and he powered a header past DIDA to start it all. That is what im talking about he inspires players, did you see what he did in the FA cup final 2006, Lampard could not do that in his dreams because he does not have that type of drive. Tevez Rooney Gerrard Essien Eto'o are driven players that can make a significant difference in any situation, Lampard is laid back and relaxed.

Gerrard was performing wayyyyyyy before torres arrived.