Edinson Cavani

CFC58

thats all great but it doesnt detract from your rational that we shouldn't spend big money on strikers because sheva and torres were flops. Its like saying you got food poisoning once so youll never eat again!

Fact is, Falcao cost Porto fuck all, Cavani cost Palermo fuck all, Lewa cost Dortmund fuck all, Suarez cost Ajax fuck all. Why are we chasing after a guy who's now going to cost us £53m and take another massive risk. Not to mention the wages that he'd be given.

Somebody mentioned earlier that Torres was on the way down when we bought him - funny, there's no mention of that in the first 10 pages of his thread in the player database..

He said that Spanish football doesn't suite him, his brother said he's staying at Napoli, his mom said he's negotiating city and his dad says he's going to Madrid. Quite a family those 'Cavani's!

Hahaha! My wife's Uruguayan. If there anything like her, they have no idea!!

Lots of things going around suddenly in regards with Cavani ... If he comes in it would be great, if he doesnt not the end of the world (maybe it is his loss).
I will love to see Chelsea take that money and go all out for Rooney or Lewandoski instead if the Cavani deal doesnt go through ...

Wow, that was another punch in the face, thanks Cavanis!

But what can we do if he wants to play for Madrid. We could hope that they can't afford him (if they also want Bale) but at the same time we would always just be his second or third choice and I don't like that anyways.

The best option would be Lewan (because of the price), but I guess it's almost impossible to get him. A huge salary could be our only option.

To be fair, he done us pretty good at Villa Park. He's raw and he's a bit messy but he's also £30 million less than Cavani.

Plus he's Belgian - you can never have enough.

seems so! If we didnt have lukaku then possibly but no need imo. Similar and equally raw at the moment. Think we need a main target man with experience

just get DZEKO... leave this guy to rot in naples. who cares... RM is not coming for him. they have bigger problems buying bale and suarez. city is the only option but they have already spent 50mil on 2 squad buys cant see them forking out another 53mil to get cavani.

seems so! If we didnt have lukaku then possibly but no need imo. Similar and equally raw at the moment. Think we need a main target man with experience

I feel the same way. Partly I'm pleased that we've got Lukaku back, but reality is that we can't expect him to be our main striker week in week out while he is 20 years old (and I can assure you that there'll be people slating him and writing him off during the season when he has bad spells, as there'll be people questioning the re-appointment of Mourinho, some people are hard to please).

Going into the season with Lukaku-Torres-Ba isn't ideal either compared to other teams and if we do get striker, I'd rather it would be a player nearing or at his peak, and preferrably well built, tall striker. We've got flare in our side but we've lost the physical edge we had with Drogba, Anelka, Malouda, Ballack, Alex, Essien and so on... I wouldn't rule us out of Cavani race because football is a business and in the end of the day "the one who pays chooses the music", right? We'll keep getting these self proclaimed ITK's having a field day till this deal is sorted and I'm sure it won't be before the end of Confederations Cup.

Fact is, Falcao cost Porto fuck all, Cavani cost Palermo fuck all, Lewa cost Dortmund fuck all, Suarez cost Ajax fuck all. Why are we chasing after a guy who's now going to cost us £53m and take another massive risk. Not to mention the wages that he'd be given.

Somebody mentioned earlier that Torres was on the way down when we bought him - funny, there's no mention of that in the first 10 pages of his thread in the player database..

its not your money mate, dont worry. Theres paid professionals at the club whos job it is to concern themselves with the monetary aspects of signings, the board,rom and the manager discuss transfers and buy, based on many factors, players they think worthy. If we spend 50 mill again on Cavani that is not a given that he'll flop nor is it a cert he'll succeed but we shouldnt not spend through fear of him having a mare! Picking up gems for nout and transforming them into multimillion pound superstars obviously is a brilliant way to work and extremely idealistic but theres absolutely no guarantee that the players you pick up will go on to be anything. Everything is a gamble, some you win some you lose.

Lots of things going around suddenly in regards with Cavani ... If he comes in it would be great, if he doesnt not the end of the world (maybe it is his loss).

I will love to see Chelsea take that money and go all out for Rooney or Lewandoski instead if the Cavani deal doesnt go through ...

for the money offered we could conceivably have both

Guarantee you that in the next few days theres another change in the story. People on an emotional rollercoaster need to settle down. Id say we are very much in the mix. Everything so far is speculative and what his parents say contradict what he says. Massive pinch of salt needed with each story. And you know what, if we dont get him we'll get someone else

He said that Spanish football doesn't suite him, his brother said he's staying at Napoli, his mom said he's negotiating city and his dad says he's going to Madrid. Quite a family those 'Cavani's!

How about their dog?

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You