What Manager do you want in charge?

Shane

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will Carlo go? No.

If Roman wanted to sack him, he would've by now. Hell 1 in 9 before yesterday, smaller clubs would've sacked mangers for much less than that. The fact he's still here proves 2 things :

1. Roman and the board's yesmen realise that a lot of the blame for the current state is due to their decisions and policies.

2. Roman knows the players are behind Carlo. Scolari went once he didn't have the players backing him.

He needs to give the boss some funds, and let him choose the players to buy. Not the ones Gourlay or de Vissier want.

Thankfully Roman has gotten wiser over the years and has learned that sacking managers after a bad spell or two does nothing for the club's stability. If we want to even dream of improving morale and results this season, then Ancelotti must stay. We've already seen what's happened after Ray Wilkins left, but that problem would be multiplied by a tenfold if we were to sack Carlo.

But if worst comes to worst, then Guus would be the best replacement.

Thankfully Roman has gotten wiser over the years and has learned that sacking managers after a bad spell or two does nothing for the club's stability. If we want to even dream of improving morale and results this season, then Ancelotti must stay. We've already seen what's happened after Ray Wilkins left, but that problem would be multiplied by a tenfold if we were to sack Carlo.

But if worst comes to worst, then Guus would be the best replacement.

I think it's more of a fact of not wanting to pay out on compensation rather than getting wiser. The club are clearly tightening the belt and if the Mail article is to be believed then rightly so.

I've always thought though what decisions does Abramovich actually make, he always seems to get the blame when we buy or don't buy a player, when we sack a manager etc but surely he has way to much other business to be attending to that wouldn't allow him the time to get involved in the club so much. I'd love to know what decisions he has actually made.

I don't think it be good to keep running back to Guus either. God forbidding we did sack Carlo I'd love to see Andre Villas Boas come in, he's a fantastic young manager.

I doubt Carlo will go some how. I mean what can he do? It's the same players he had when we were on oh great start to the season. I didnt think Butch leaving would make an impact but it seems maybe it did?

playing 4-4-2 is much better, I mean we have switched to that during games and it has worked. Not having Drogba drifting wide also helps big time as in the Villa game when he played up and in the middle of the box he scored! funny that!

If he was to go I would like to see Guus Hiddink replace him, he is kind of available after all. But shifting Carlo out is'nt going to do any good. A few players need to take a look at themselves. I love Drogba to bits, but he needs to buck up and be that tough guy that is unstoppable when he is in that right frame of mind. Ramires needs to bulk up and he is coming along nicely (at first I thought what a waste). Kalou needs to believe in him self as he has skill to burn, Sturridge, well I actually do not like him as I think he came to Chelsea for all the wrong reasons and yes I know he scored 2 the other day and 5 in the game before that abut he has to get his head down and work bloosy hard and stop going for that glory goal and acting a tit!

We need to keep faith in Carlo for sure. It's ridiculous that he can't choose his own assistant manager, but I think he's quality. If for any reason he did go, would love to see Hiddink back if he was available, already knows most of the players, Chelsea staff etc etc... sensible choice would be him but ONLY IF Carlo was gone.

:carlo:

I can understand why Butch went. I was watching Goals on Sunday the other week when Butch was on there and he said Carlo is a unique manager in that he actually COACHES aswell as manages. So really Butch was being paid to do something Carlo was already doing...... but I dont think Roman realised what a social and personal impact Butch has on the squad. Paul Clement has the knowledge of the youth and can tell Carlo who would be suitable for certain games but they arent goin to win us the league and definatly not the Champions league.

The champions league can be fluked tho :P

And maybe true but any manager needs a #2 regardless how much they coach, manage or whatever and should have the main say of who they have by their side. Carlo was happy with Ray, it worked. Since then, THIS hasn't worked since Ray went. He was a character on the bench and a Chelsea legend, a football legend, a well respected football guy.

Hopefully Carlo can get his own #2 in in the summer to make him feel more comfortable and bring more stability to the team.

we can NEVER fluke Champions League! you should know that! Sepp Blatter hates us soooooooooooo much, he would do anything to stop us winning it. But seen as Russia have the world cup bid I hope Roman slipped him extra cash so we can win the Champions League this year LOL!

I do think the UCL has eluded us tbh, pity because of how hard done by we were and how close we got but shit happens. Valencia lost 2 final's in a row in 2000 & 2001 and they aint ever won it so at least it aint only us lol. They lost on to their rivals and one on pens.

We have got a decent draw tho and with our players fit, you just never know. Need a quality, unbiased referee mellow.gif

Edited by OllieCFC

I do think the UCL has eluded us tbh, pity because of how hard done by we were and how close we got but shit happens. Valencia lost 2 final's in a row in 2000 & 2001 and they aint ever won it so at least it aint only us lol. They lost on to their rivals and one on pens.

We have got a decent draw tho and with our players fit, you just never know. Need a quality, unbiased referee mellow.gif

:goodpost: Agreed mate, and very very true.