Tottenham vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

We desperately need to change something or this will be just like the rest of our recent games. I've been crying for experimenting with the kids for some time now and would love to see Kakuta and Sturridge get EPL starts even if it's against Tottenham, it's not like our attack can be less effective.

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought we could approach this game with a little more positiveness around our camp, as this is always a tough ground to go.

Well, IF IF IF IF Lamps is fit for this, it defeniatly will have an impact on the game concerning our way of going forward. He is the missing link between the midfield and the strikers.

Drogba, Flo and Lamps are our attacking triangle, as i see it. and right now, the midfield and the strikers are not linking up because all we have is a defensive midfield with Ess and Mikel....

What are you smoking then? You are suggesting that we leave Drogba off for Sturridge? Or Anelka for Kakuta? Kakuta has got a few chances and hasn't done anything extraordinary with them this season. This is our biggest game of the season so far so we need our best players, With attackers we need players that pose a threat of scoring goals. I can't imagine Assou-Ekotto would be too worried about coming up against Kakuta, Nor would Gallas and King be of coming up against Sturridge.

Saying that I would bring Sturridge on depending how the game is going. If we're down, Put him on for Mikel and push Malouda back into midfield, If we're drawing or winning, Straight stop with Anelka.

Something's got to give.

Me, I'd rather put one or both of Sturridge and Kakuta on from the start, and bring on Anelka and Drogba if it doesn't work out. Carlo's got to try something new, but something tells me he won't dry.gif

Gotta agree with Shane here, Max.

Even though Drogba hasn't been great this season the threat of him is always there. With Kakuta, well let's be honest, he'll get crushed by the Spurs defence, we can't throw him to the wolves at White Heart Lane & expect him to shine. Drogba and Malouda are a must start. I'd personally like to see Anelka there too because despite his criticism, he can still burst to life with a run down the wing and deliver in a good ball.

Even though Drogba hasn't been great this season the threat of him is always there. With Kakuta, well let's be honest, he'll get crushed by the Spurs defence, we can't throw him to the wolves at White Heart Lane & expect him to shine. Drogba and Malouda are a must start. I'd personally like to see Anelka there too because despite his criticism, he can still burst to life with a run down the wing and deliver in a good ball.

Well, what you said (the highlighted part) is problematic in my opinion... And I think it's actually a problem that Carlo has. You know, in saying that, we will have the same lineup for all the season. And as you said, "he can...", yes he can, but I haven't seen him play well since a while (In my opinion he was bad against Newcastle, Sunderland, Liverpool, Fulham (I didn't see the game against Birmingham) and to a lesser extend against Everton). We just can't afford to wait a 'Messi-esque' goal or assist coming from him.

When a thing doesn't work, you try once or twice again. But when you try it for the sixth times and it still doesn't work, there's something wrong. So in my opinion Carlo should bench him once (I don't mean against Marseille lol). Maybe it isn't the best moment to do that, but as i said before we need to change something. Actually I would rather see Kalou instead of him... When we played against Fulham with Malouda, Drogba and Kalou up front, I really prefered the way we played with Kalou (ok, it's only Fulham... But it was only Sunderland/Liverpool/etc...)...

You gonna ask me "why him ? Why not Drogba or someone else ?". And I will answer you : because to my eyes he's, at the moment, the one who fucks up the more our game/way of playing (Here I do not talk about score goal or make assist, just about the way of playing).

But if he starts the game, I hope he will show i'm wrong :lol:

Well, what you said (the highlighted part) is problematic in my opinion... And I think it's actually a problem that Carlo has. You know, in saying that, we will have the same lineup for all the season. And as you said, "he can...", yes he can, but I haven't seen him play well since a while (In my opinion he was bad against Newcastle, Sunderland, Liverpool, Fulham (I didn't see the game against Birmingham) and to a lesser extend against Everton). We just can't afford to wait a 'Messi-esque' goal or assist coming from him.

When a thing doesn't work, you try once or twice again. But when you try it for the sixth times and it still doesn't work, there's something wrong. So in my opinion Carlo should bench him once (I don't mean against Marseille lol). Maybe it isn't the best moment to do that, but as i said before we need to change something. Actually I would rather see Kalou instead of him... When we played against Fulham with Malouda, Drogba and Kalou up front, I really prefered the way we played with Kalou (ok, it's only Fulham... But it was only Sunderland/Liverpool/etc...)...

You gonna ask me "why him ? Why not Drogba or someone else ?". And I will answer you : because to my eyes he's, at the moment, the one who fucks up the more our game/way of playing (Here I do not talk about score goal or make assist, just about the way of playing).

But if he starts the game, I hope he will show i'm wrong :lol:

I would agree about benching him, but had it not been for our next fixture list (Tottenham, ManUtd, Arsenal) I don't think we can afford it, nor can Carlo. If Drogba does not play and we lose everyone will look at Carlo and say "why did you drop Drogba" and start that whole media whirlwind. Perhaps he should've been dropped for Everton but what's done is done.

Lets be honest, bad with Drogba+Anelka, worst whitout them.

Anelka - Drogba - Kalou

This is the best we can do right now. Kakuta and Sturridge didnt showed that they deserve more game when they were on the pitch.

With each post of yours I wonder if we're watching the same Chelsea FC.

Same to you brow. Do you really believe that Kakuta and Sturridge would improve our game? Our problem is not in atack, but in midfield.

Chelsea end needs to be vocal and going mental . Its a similar situation to the draw at Blackbum last year when all seemed lost .

Come on Chels -win this and keep the momentum going..!!

Be vocal at White Heart Lane?

Even though our away crowd is good at being vocal, the Tottenham fans will simply be louder.