Tottenham vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A draw would be a point better than last season too.

In all fairness, if we can get five points from these next three games - 1 win, 2 draws - would you take it, considering recent form? I'd bite your fucking arm off...

I actually don't mind losing to Spurs as long as we win against Utd and Arsenal.

Guys forget Bale, Luka Modric is the one who needs to be stopped. Kil Modric and Bale will die too. He's the man who pulls the strings and is without a doubt their best player. VDV isn't fit so the focus can be pointed at making Modric ineffective. Don't get me wrong, Bale will be a threat but the key is to deny him a lot of space. If CA's smart. he'll play with a deep backline and than you've already made Bale a lot less of a threat. But then again with Paulo at RB, Bale will have the mental advantage.

I'm more concerned about ourselfs. Our attacking play has been so incredibly poor.. words fail to desribe it. I simply don't see us scoring a goal unless it's from a set-piece. Never has my confidence been so low going into a game..(still 'demanding' a win though)

Only way we're gonna win this is probably with a 1 - 0, problem is that Tottenham don't do 1 - nils...

No they do going behind and coming back..whereas before they'd go in front then fuck it all up :(....miss the ole Spurs!!!

I'd happily take a point! More then expecting at this point

It's time for Ancelotti to be creative and make some changes. Things aren't going well and just doing the same thing over and over again and hoping for a different better result isn't the answer. Some changes need to be made even though if they would be small changes.

Our defence will need to be at their absolute best. I can only hope Ash and Paulo are really fired up as they will both probably have a very hard time keeping Lennon and Bale in check. This is not the game for them to surging forward at all times and they will really need to pick their moments (also if one fullback goes forward, the other one will have to stay back a bit). I hope they realise that/CA told them.

I would switch some things in midfield. These last months we've lost the midfield battle countless times and that's where you really lose the game, especially in the big games. With Modric The Spurs have a player who can really dominate midfield and the key will be to make sure he doesn't get the time of day. We will need Essien to transform in The Bison again and do his 'I'm your shadow for the day'' thing. That's why he should be started in the DM role, staying in front of the back four the whole game. Tottenham's counter-attacks will be deadly with Bale, Lennon and Defoe. We will need Essien's pace, power, fantastic determination and great ability to read the game to deal with them. Mikel doesn't have the pace and determination to deal with their pacy players and often ends up too late because of those two things.

Ramires at the right side of the midfield three to help Paulo deal with Bale. Ferreira will need his pace and willingness to chase. Ramires will also have to join the attack from time to time of course. But the problem with Ramires is that he is such an incosistent passer. If he gives the ball away as much as he normally does, it can really mess our game up. The best thing could be to field him alongside Essien as two DM's. That way Ramires will play in a deeper role and will have more time and space to pick a pass (so less unlikely to give the ball away). With one of the two (switching between the two) joining the attack from time to time.

That leaves us with Obi. Since it's obvious CA doesn't trust McEachran or Kakuta to start them in midfield, Obi should take over the ''Frank Lampard role'' as our most attack-minded midfielder. He is by far the best passer of the three (Obi, Ess, Ramires) and has the most vision. He also has the best touch and ball control, which can be vital in a tight midfield battle. He should be the man to dictate play and picking the (effective) passes. He plays this role in his national team and could be vital for us today in that role since we really miss that type of player.

When things in midfield are sorted, our attack should automatically function a lot better as they would be fed a lot better. Drogba really needs to step it up. That Marseille performance was shamefull and probably his worst performance since he grew out into our star striker. His ability to keep the ball and keep the opposition defence busy will be needed. Our midfield also needs to support the attack a lot better. The options to pass to our attackers have when they have the ball are too low which leads us to lose the ball easily.

Kalou should start ahead of Anelka as Salomon has been the only attacker actually showing he cares and remembers he's playing for a topside. Anelka has been too comfortable and you can see it in his play. No urgency, hardly to be seen in the box and simply just doing what he wants instead of doing what's best for the team.

Malouda has been consistent but he hasn't been effectively fed. If we play well i'm sure he will automatically step his game up.

Cech

Ferreira Ivanovic Terry Cole

Ramires Essien

Mikel

Kalou Drogba Malouda

We will need everyone to wake up and get back to normal. Up to CA and JT to motivate the boys and making sure they know what's one the line here.

COME ON CHELSEAblue%20scalf.gif

It's time for Ancelotti to be creative and make some changes. Things aren't going well and just doing the same thing over and over again and hoping for a different better result isn't the answer. Some changes need to be made even though if they would be small changes.

Our defence will need to be at their absolute best. I can only hope Ash and Paulo are really fired up as they will both probably have a very hard time keeping Lennon and Bale in check. This is not the game for them to surging forward at all times and they will really need to pick their moments (also if one fullback goes forward, the other one will have to stay back a bit). I hope they realise that/CA told them.

I would switch some things in midfield. These last months we've lost the midfield battle countless times and that's where you really lose the game, especially in the big games. With Modric The Spurs have a player who can really dominate midfield and the key will be to make sure he doesn't get the time of day. We will need Essien to transform in The Bison again and do his 'I'm your shadow for the day'' thing. That's why he should be started in the DM role, staying in front of the back four the whole game. Tottenham's counter-attacks will be deadly with Bale, Lennon and Defoe. We will need Essien's pace, power, fantastic determination and great ability to read the game to deal with them. Mikel doesn't have the pace and determination to deal with their pacy players and often ends up too late because of those two things.

Ramires at the right side of the midfield three to help Paulo deal with Bale. Ferreira will need his pace and willingness to chase. Ramires will also have to join the attack from time to time of course. But the problem with Ramires is that he is such an incosistent passer. If he gives the ball away as much as he normally does, it can really mess our game up. The best thing could be to field him alongside Essien as two DM's. That way Ramires will play in a deeper role and will have more time and space to pick a pass (so less unlikely to give the ball away). With one of the two (switching between the two) joining the attack from time to time.

That leaves us with Obi. Since it's obvious CA doesn't trust McEachran or Kakuta to start in midfield, Obi should take over the ''Frank Lampard role'' as our most attack-minded midfielder. He is by far the best passer of the three (Obi, Ess, Ramires) and has the most vision. He also has the best touch and ball control, which can be vital in a tight midfield battle. He should be the man to dictate play and picking the (effective) passes. He plays this role in his national team and could be vital for us today in that role since we really miss that type of player.

When things in midfield are sorted, our attack should automatically function a lot better as they would be fed a lot better. Drogba really needs to step it up. That Marseille performance was shamefull and probably his worst performance since he grew out into our star striker. His ability to keep the ball and keep the opposition defence busy will be needed. Our midfield also needs to support the attack a lot better. The options to pass to our attackers have when they have the ball are too low which leads us to lose the ball easily.

Kalou should start ahead of Anelka as Salomon has been the only attacker actually showing he cares and remembers he's playing for a topside. Anelka has been too comfortable and you can see it in his play. No urgency, hardly to be seen in the box and simply just doing what he wants instead of doing what's best for the team.

Malouda has been consistent but he hasn't been effectively fed. If we play well i'm sure he will automatically step his game up.

Cech

Ferreira Ivanovic Terry Cole

Ramires Essien

Mikel

Kalou Drogba Malouda

We will need everyone to wake up and get back to normal. Up to CA and JT to motivate the boys and making sure they know what's one the line here.

COME ON CHELSEAblue%20scalf.gif

Agree with everything thats been said here, but we all know Carlo isn't going to change anything.

Your summary of midfield, sorry, is absolute tosh.

Ramires to help out Ferreira with Bale? I couldn't pick two players I'd be less comfortable with doing that. All Ramires would do is constantly foul Bale and probably get himself sent off. Essien HAS to start on the right. As for Mikel... just no.

Your summary of midfield, sorry, is absolute tosh.

Ramires to help out Ferreira with Bale? I couldn't pick two players I'd be less comfortable with doing that. All Ramires would do is constantly foul Bale and probably get himself sent off. Essien HAS to start on the right. As for Mikel... just no.

You're probably worried about the Mighty Gareth Bale. I'm worried about the Genius Luka Modric.

And you think you can dominate a game with Essien and Ramires as the players to dictate play and feed the attackers effectively?

You're probably worried about the Mighty Gareth Bale. I'm worried about the Genius Luka Modric.

And you think you can dominate a game with Essien and Ramires as the players to dictate play and feed the attackers effectively?

I'm worried about the Gareth Bale that ripped the best right back in the world to pieces for 180 minutes last month... There's other ways to stop the threat of Modric, but unless you stop Bale running at you, getting space, and getting the ball in the box, he WILL hurt you.

Furthermore, Mikel has been OUTSTANDING this season. Possibly alongside Pete as our best player, and you want to change his position to something he hasn't done for us in years in our biggest game so far this season? To me, that's barmy.

I'm worried about the Gareth Bale that ripped the best right back in the world to pieces for 180 minutes last month... There's other ways to stop the threat of Modric, but unless you stop Bale running at you, getting space, and getting the ball in the box, he WILL hurt you.

Furthermore, Mikel has been OUTSTANDING this season. Possibly alongside Pete as our best player, and you want to change his position to something he hasn't done for us in years in our biggest game so far this season? To me, that's barmy.

Maicon was already in horrible form before he faced Bale. He was in no way worthy of the title ''best right back in the world'' in that period and still isn't. And that was the best game Bale ever played in his career and it's a fact Bale's European form has been a lot better than his form in the league.

I already stated in a earlier post, the key is to defend with a deep line. That way you deny him the space he likes to get into. Man Utd did it and the young Rafael made him look like a amateur since Bale doesn't have a lot more to his game other than running at you and getting into the space behind the back. His early crosses are a handful but JT and Ivan will have to take care of them and if you have someone putting a lot of pressure on him, there will be a lot less of them and less acurate.

Mikel has indeed been great this season (but like everybody else less impressing these last three, four games). But he hasn't been praised because of his fantastic tackling, great chasing and bullying or making the opposition midfield maestro ineffective. IMO that is what we need today. And like i said, Mikel plays in that role for his national team and is their source of creativity.

But i guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

BTW you didn't answer my question.

You think you can dominate a game with Essien and Ramires as the players to dictate play and feed the attackers effectively?

BTW you didn't answer my question.

You think you can dominate a game with Essien and Ramires as the players to dictate play and feed the attackers effectively?

No, I don't. But I don't think we have the players to dominate the game in midfield whoever we select, and whatever formation that we pick. As the topic shows, I'd have liked to have been brave and played Josh over Ramires, to give us something fluid and more going forward in linking the midfield to the strikers.