Birmingham vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

I see a lot saying Malouda should play as a midfielder but I think they're ignoring a few things.

The last time Malouda played in the midfield we were cruising games and had teams shitting themselves upon our sight, we usually scored an early goal which forced damage control over our opposition. We also had 2 experienced midfielders who could defend against counter attacks and could maintain possession letting Malouda be creative in his role.

At the moment Malouda is either half fit or carrying a knock, Ancelotti can't rest him and substituted unusually early against Sunderland.

IMO Malouda for Zhirkov won't be that much of an improvement.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was already a tough game even without losing to Sunderland at home.

I think now comes the backlash that we didn´t strengthen the squad in the summer transfer window with another defender and another attacking midfielder/striker.

lets just hope that our "first 11" is fit again. if i look on our fixture list i get really nervous.

Don't see us winning with the amount of bad luck we're having. Draw would be the best result from this I guess. Ideal formation:

Cech

Bosingwa - Ivanovic - Bruma - Cole

Mikel - Ramires

McEachran

Kakuta - Drogba - Zhirkov

But knowing Carlo he'll do this instead (& I genuinely believe this, after the whole Sunderland shamble):

Cech

Bosingwa - Ivanovic - Bruma - Cole

Mikel

Ramires - Zhirkov

Kakuta - Drogba - Malouda

I think he will change the attacking options by sticking in Kakuta for either Anelka or Malouda. From the way he praised Malouda on Monday I'd be surprised if he's dropped. I'd love to see McEachran get a start in attacking midfield with Zhirkov playng the wing, but I predict it'll be the same midfield (that was non existent) vs Sunderland. After watching the defensive collapse, if Bruma does not play for Ferreira I will be very surprised. Also if Ash is out, PvA will have to fill in (hopefully.)

Ivanovic-Bruma pair must be in the line up.

Ramires has better passing procentage than Zhirkov, so i would rather play Ramires there and Kakuta or JM (even though he may not be yet ready to start). Zhirkov is bloody awful there, he gives away too many passes. If he will play, he should play on the wing.

Ivanovic-Bruma pair must be in the line up.

Ramires has better passing procentage than Zhirkov, so i would rather play Ramires there and Kakuta or JM (even though he may not be yet ready to start). Zhirkov is bloody awful there, he gives away too many passes. If he will play, he should play on the wing.

:blink:

Sorry but that's horrible reasoning to decide who should play.

Ramires and Zhirkov are both very wasteful when it comes to passing.

Ferreira captain :blue scalf:

Seriously, if Bruma doesn't start... WTF! I'm confident we will handle them better than Sunderland as Ivanovic knows Zigic from internationals... I think we will just about scrape this 1-0, need a win under our belts after Sunderland game.

The last time we had injuries this bad (06/07) it cost us the title. I don't think the same will happen. Whoever wins the title this season will be the team who is literally the least shit out of us, Arsenal, United and City. I say that because this league is so god-damn competitive at the minute! I can see us losing again this weekend.

does anyone even know if Ashley Cole is fit?? didn't he concur an injury against Sunderland?? :mellow:

The FA says he picked up an ankle injury in that game. Hopefully nothing too serious. Though I would like to see PvA featured if he does have a problem.