Wayne Rooney

CFC58

We do have 3 England internationals. And the likes of Bertrand, Cork, McEachran, Mancienne and Sturridge at u-21 level.

What I'm saying is, being English should not be the primary consideration for getting a player. We've had horror shows like Parker, Carlton Cole, Glen Johnson, Sidwell, SWP ...

I definitely see your point but we are talking about Rooney right now. I'd go for him even if he was Italian. But the fact he is English is just a big plus (homegrown etc). That was my point.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where would he play? Not on the wing certainly. Would him and Drogba link up? I hardly think so.

Drogba is 32, Rooney 24. Rooney would be linking up with Sturridge if he ever came to Stamford bridge.

its an english team, playing in england, supported by, mostly, english people.

edit: should be connected with my post above.

As I said, we have enough England internationals, and England youth internationals.

But what the hell, let's just buy English regardless of squad balance, dynamics et al.

As I said, we have enough England internationals, and England youth internationals.

But what the hell, let's just buy English regardless of squad balance, dynamics et al.

What are you on about? Not a single person in this thread has said "buy him solely for being English."

the fucking cunt is scouse anyways, with Irish parents.

What are you on about? Not a single person in this thread has said "buy him solely for being English."

the fucking cunt is scouse anyways, with Irish parents.

Ofcourse he is good. But how does he fit into the team? Where do we stump up the cash from?

Instead of talking about this, what grabs more attention is that he's English. Hence the rant. Sorry if I offended anyone, wan't intended.

No.

I would choose Pato or Aguero above this c*nt, he's overrated and far too associated with united.

Firstly people who say he is overrated are right but then id rather invest 30-40 millions in a player who has adapted himself well to the league rather than an Aguro or a Pato who will take 2 seasons to do so.

Rooney's potential wasnt quite used at Man Utd as he was often played on the wings. Last season he was their out an out centre forward and he reaped the rewards. With the way Carlo likes to play our front three Rooney will gell well with Drogba and Malouda as the front three keep changing positions.

Umm...Players you mentioned will be sold at some point. Bertand, Mancienne or Mellis wouldnt make it but Rooney for a long time. Lampard has 4 years left at max. Rooney has 12 years left.

And we need a replacement for Drogba and Id prefer a striker whose played here than a shevchenko situation

A talented forward who still has potential, easily one of England's best strikers.

I doubt it would happen, but wouldn't mind him coming to Stamford Bridge, he's English and still under 25, and think of all the money we could get from the marketing, it could double that of what we would pay of him. Can play on the wing and as all out sriker (as Warnie said) skilled at both, but better as a striker. Think the wages would be high, and Man Ure would want a huge sum of money for him though.