Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

LDN Blue
Followers 4

I think that Xavi and Xabi are better than him. He has a very good ball control, his shooting and finishing are great too. Just don't think that his vision isn't comparable with their.

They are three different players and have their strengths and weaknesses. Iniesta is a great player and I don't see the point in comparing him to the other two.

I like Xabi very much but disagree with Del Bosque's usual 2 holding midfielders formation, especially against weak teams. It's too cautious and yes, they are World Champions, but the fluidity, speed and flair of the Euro winning team is in hibernation most of the time. I think Del Bosque should stick with Busquets and then go with Cazorla, Silva or Fabergas if he's willing to help out in the midlfield. Spain made the decision to go with tika-taka when they lost to France in WC2006 even though they had played brilliant exciting football. It was of course the right thing to do for Spain but not so great individually for Torres' game. You can see how he looks more and more awkward with the national team as the play becomes more and more pensive. In 2008 the tika taka was much faster and incisive. Del Bosque's version is so much slower. It worked well enough for the World Cup but Germany is going to be much better in 2012 and the Netherlands may be better too. I can see Del Bosque's cautious and slower approach failing if the rivals are improving rapidly.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SO PROUD TO BE A SWEDE RIGHT NOW! 4-0 TO GERMANY IN BERLIN AND GERMANY TOTTALLY DOMINATED!!! THEN THE KING ZLATAN "IBRACADABRA" IBRAHIMOVIC SCORES AND IT ALL TURNS!! IM IN FUCKING TEARS SO PROUD I AM!

Serbia 6 Wales 1 Aw yeah. Ivanovic also scored a beauty with a volley from outside the box and captained the team.

Posted Images

Xavi says Nando's introduction at half-time won the game for Spain.

Where did you see this? I'm glad his teammates are backing him even if Del Bosque isn't. Xabi Alonso said a great player is still a great player even if he hasn't scored a goal in reference to Torres. He's getting slaughtered in Marca and AS after last night's performance.

Villa has said he loves playing with Torres. And demonstration of that was in the opening game of Euro 2008 when Torres unselfishly served up a sitter for Villa's first goal. Villa went on to get a hat-trick, with the 3rd after Torres had been subbed. After the 3rd goal, Villa ran by his teammates on the pitch and the ones on the bench to hug a slightly surprised Torres to thank him.

They are three different players and have their strengths and weaknesses. Iniesta is a great player and I don't see the point in comparing him to the other two.

I like Xabi very much but disagree with Del Bosque's usual 2 holding midfielders formation, especially against weak teams. It's too cautious and yes, they are World Champions, but the fluidity, speed and flair of the Euro winning team is in hibernation most of the time. I think Del Bosque should stick with Busquets and then go with Cazorla, Silva or Fabergas if he's willing to help out in the midlfield. Spain made the decision to go with tika-taka when they lost to France in WC2006 even though they had played brilliant exciting football. It was of course the right thing to do for Spain but not so great individually for Torres' game. You can see how he looks more and more awkward with the national team as the play becomes more and more pensive. In 2008 the tika taka was much faster and incisive. Del Bosque's version is so much slower. It worked well enough for the World Cup but Germany is going to be much better in 2012 and the Netherlands may be better too. I can see Del Bosque's cautious and slower approach failing if the rivals are improving rapidly.

Yeah agree, Germans are much more dangerous when they are on the attack, although they are a bit more defensive too. Silva, Cazorla and Navas played well against Columbia, they were much more direct.

I liked the Spain from Euro 08. They were rally an attacking minded team.

:lol: that bad huh?!

Even worse. We had two shots I think - one was that goal and the second when we gave them back the ball, as they had cleared it to treat some injured player. Have to say, they are sooo soft, after every tackle, they just fell down holding their feet etc.

I would like to know why Lamps was stripped of his number 8, because Whilshere is number 19 for Arsenal.

Clearly this was a personal hatred for Lampard, and it shows a lack of respect from the egomaniac that is Jack Wilshere.

• Like 1

I would like to know why Lamps was stripped of his number 8, because Whilshere is number 19 for Arsenal.

Clearly this was a personal hatred for Lampard, and it shows a lack of respect from the egomaniac that is Jack Wilshere.

Ah come on, I don't think it was at Wilshere's request. Everyone had their numbers changed, Rooney went from 9 to 10 as well. Wilshere took 4 last time but that was given to Parker because he was playing holding so I think it was because of the formation. Wasn't a player decision I don't think..

2 - 5 - 6 - 3

7 - 4 - 8

11 - 9 - 10

hush your mouth and show some respect JACK the Giant Killer ...player of the year ...superstar ...future of Engish football ...Master of the

Universe ...and thats just for starters....

I'd bet money on my interpretation being the correct one though.

A 19-year old, making his first competitive debut can't have that much player-power can he?!

Just over 8 minutes in at the Aviva. Aiden McGeady scored after the first minute. :) Hopefully they stay keeping up the pressure on Macedonia.

Both starting line-ups:

Republic of Ireland

1 Keiren Westwood

2 Kevin Foley

4 Darren O'Dea

5 Richard Dunne

3 Kevin Kilbane

7 Aiden McGeady

6 Glenn Whelan

8 Darron Gibson

11 Damien Duff

9 Kevin Doyle

10 Robbie Keane

Macedonia

1 Edin Nurerdinoski

2 Vance Šikov

3 Goran Popov

4 Nikolče Noveski

15 Boban Grnčarov

8 Veliče Šumulikoski

17 Muhamed Demiri

16 Darko Tasevski

7 Ivan Tričkovski

10 Goran Pandev

11 Ilčo Naumoski

Norway - Denmark: 1-1.

Rommedahl scores for denmark and Erik Huseklepp for Norway.... disapointing with only 1 point..

Also, danish supporters piss me off... http://www.tv2sporten.no/fotball/landslag/danskene-klare-for-supporterslaget-vores-land-vores-olie-3453246.html

The banner says: Our land, our oil... and also picture off Norway in danish colors.

• Like 1

Even worse. We had two shots I think - one was that goal and the second when we gave them back the ball, as they had cleared it to treat some injured player. Have to say, they are sooo soft, after every tackle, they just fell down holding their feet etc.

You can always remember Euro 2004.

Norway - Denmark: 1-1.

Rommedahl scores for denmark and Erik Huseklepp for Norway.... disapointing with only 1 point..

Also, danish supporters piss me off... http://www.tv2sporten.no/fotball/landslag/danskene-klare-for-supporterslaget-vores-land-vores-olie-3453246.html

The banner says: Our land, our oil... and also picture off Norway in danish colors.

I watched the game on a stream!! Rommedahl's goal was absolutely class!! Top volley! Huseklepp's goal was well worked! He plays for Bari in Italy now doesn't he??

I watched the game on a stream!! Rommedahl's goal was absolutely class!! Top volley! Huseklepp's goal was well worked! He plays for Bari in Italy now doesn't he??

Yeah, he does.. should have stayed at Brann FK

I think he doesnt get alot of playing time...

Yeah, it was a nice goal!

The game itself was crap, not worth waiting forsad.gif anyway, with 1 point there still is possibilities of qualifyinglaugh.gif