LDN Blue

I was talking to a mate (who is Brazillian) the other week who i use to play soccer 6's with, i asked about Neymar and is he worth the £35m price tag that was being labelled in the summer, he looked at me shaked his head and said you bastards, you get him for that much you will be fucking ripping Santos off.

He apparently said its his dream to play for Chelsea and we have lots of Brazilians in our side these days, can't speak for evrey-one else but i will be absolutely DEVASTATED is with miss out on this lad. Infact that would be a massive mis-guided under-statement.

He apparently said its his dream to play for Chelsea and we have lots of Brazilians in our side these days, can't speak for evrey-one else but i will be absolutely DEVASTATED is with miss out on this lad. Infact that would be a massive mis-guided under-statement.

His 'dream club' has oscillated from Chelsea to Juventus to god-knows-who. Take everything with a pinch of salt...

Madmax is right there, I've just found this on another forum if it's anything to go by.

Neymar: 'My objective is Italy'

Juventus and Inter target Neymar has declared he's ready for Serie A. "My objective is Italy."

The 19-year-old Brazil international is repeatedly named as one of the likely newcomers to Europe next season.

He has been linked with the likes of Juventus, Inter, Barcelona, Chelsea, Real Madrid and Manchester City.

"My objective is Italy, but also European football in general," he told the Gazzetta dello Sport.

"Anyone would love to play in Serie A, even if I am also happy at Santos."

Source - Football Italia

Drogba scored two goals for Cote d'Ivoire, must be great for him to score again.

If it wasn't for Torres' price tag, I would definitely play with him as our main striker (and no, not because he scored two goals voor his country).

Sorry Branislav Ivanovic (not really!) Estonia 1-1 Serbia! Fantasic result, Konstantin Vassiljev strikes again, Pareiko MOTM

Borini scored for Italy U21 against Germany, Torres was on bench against Lithuania which can be positive given the state of the pitch, weather. We need him at Stoke who are thugs.

Torres was on bench against Lithuania which can be positive given the state of the pitch, weather. We need him at Stoke who are thugs.

No doubt. That pitch was an injury waiting to happen.

Sidenote: RVP injured his knee in the Dutch game. More good news for Arsenal.

Just like to drop in that Australia gained some revenge for the World Cup 4-0 thrashing at the hands of Germany by beating them 2-1 on their own patch this morning!

Admittedly, they had neither Klose, Oezil, Lahm playing, but we had no Cahill, and you take what you get!

For the Aussie fans on here, Holger Oesick looks a real find, the way he's managed to get a winning formula so early.

Yeah, It was a war of words before the game... they talk alot of how boring football we play, and I agree.. Hopefully it will be better with Ståle Solbakken (Copenhagen Manager) when he takes over for Drillothumbsup.gif

I watched Norway against Denmark. I thought during the game their passes were rather sloppy at times, but after they scored, you felt as though they really wanted to win!

Bosnia & Hercegovina banned by FIFA

Bosnia-Hercegovina have been suspended from world football after refusing to comply with governing body Fifa's regulations.

The Bosnian Football Federation (NSBIH) had been ordered to change its three-man presidency into one single position by both Fifa and European body Uefa.

But the move was rejected at a NSBIH meeting on Wednesday, prompting Fifa to take immediate action.

The suspension means Bosnia cannot play any international matches.

They are currently fourth in Group D of the 2012 European Championships qualifying campaign, five points behind leaders France and a point behind Belarus and Albania but with a game in hand over their rivals.

But Bosnia's next match away to Romania on 3 June looks unlikely to go ahead unless Fifa and Uefa lift the suspension, which also prevents Bosnian teams or officials from participating internationally.

"Fifa and Uefa deeply regret that this decision had to be taken," the governing bodies said in a joint statement on Friday.

----------------------------------------------------

Source: BBC Football

----------------------------------------------------

Yikes! I wonder how Vedran feels about this! :unsure:

Damn this pointless international football shit. I think it played a part in us drawing today without it sounding like a bad excuse.

Why couldn't we have just played Wales in June a few days before or after Switzerland.

If that new FIFA person gets in instead of Blatter then he's up for even more pointless international friendlies.

• 1 month later...

After three and a half months, the Carling Nations Cup is back, re-opening with the Republic of Ireland playing Northern Ireland.

The teams for tonight are most likely to be:

Republic Of Ireland (fai.ie)

Given; McShane, Delaney, Kelly, Wilson, Lawrence/Coleman, Andrews, Fahey/Foley, Treacy; Keane, Cox.

Northern Ireland (irishfa.com)

Blayney; Thompson, Cathcart, McAuley, Hodson; Carson, Clingan, Davis, Gorman; Feeney, McQuoid