LDN Blue

Watched the first half of Mali-Côte d'Ivoire game. Drogba been bit lazy but that's good, energy perserving. Played an important role in their first goal on 3. minute. Long ball forward from the midfield, Drogba managed to chest it down while having two defenders near him , pass it between the two defenders to Gervinho who passed it to Didier Ya Konan for an easy tap in. So far so good. Tiote been a beast in midfield. Kalou playing as right winger.

Just started watching now (69minutes gone)

Kalou just missed a sitter & Drogba looks to have woken up..

THere wasn't 5,000 anyway was there? lol Gibson's goal was brilliant, he's got a rocket of a right foot the guy. I dunno where N.Ireland vs Scotland is, i know it's a 'neutral' ground tho. Hope N.Ireland win.

It's weird, they talked about the home nations coming back in 2013 and Scotland having no interest, then suddenly out of the blue completely randomly there's the home nations with both Irelands, Scotland and the Welsh WITHOUT ENGLAND! I was so confused when i saw the advert about 3 days ago....

Yeah exactly and instead of shit Friendlies against the likes of Denmark away, what is the fucking point? At least matches against the home nations, especially England vs Scotland would be worth winning and bragging about. Next matches are in May, everyone plays each other once.

Pissed off we aint in it.

Edited by OllieCFC

It sucks England aren't taking any part :( Would have been nice to see something like the six nations but Football wise

England were invited Matt,but the FA prefered a more lucrative friendly with Denmark and they won't join unless the tournament gathers momentum,wich i find a bit arrogant tbh.

Wales,ROI,Scotland and NI should tell England to do one,you've had your chance!.

I watched ROI v Wales last night,quite a good game.First half was a bit slow,but well taken goals.Very impressed with the Aviva Stadium too.

Tonight i'll probably be channel switching between the England game on ITV and France v Brazil on ESPN.

Denmark have some decent players,they too had a poor world cup but England should still be on their guard to avoid a repeat of the 4-1 hammering they took in Copenhagen back in 2005.

Tonight will be good practice and getting used to the Parken Stadium pitch,for Lamps,JT and A Cole,who will return there in a couple of weeks time for Chelsea in the Champions League.

Is Scotland and Northern Ireland in the Aviva? There won't be 5 thousand at it if it is.

Yep, all the matches will be.

It's weird, they talked about the home nations coming back in 2013 and Scotland having no interest, then suddenly out of the blue completely randomly there's the home nations with both Irelands, Scotland and the Welsh WITHOUT ENGLAND! I was so confused when i saw the advert about 3 days ago....

The Nations Cup was actually the first to be organised and was meant to start in 2009 but couldn't because of World Cup qualifications being on. Then the FA decided earlier on this year to re-organise the Home Nations Championship on a once off, which was strange considering this was already planned. The Nations Cup doesn't seem to have been that well publicised though, there's been almost no hype for it, even here in Ireland.

Alright guys, here's a breakdown of who's representing us & where tonight..

Denmark 1-2 England (Lampard © - Terry - Cole)

Spain 1-0 Colombia (Torres)

France 1-0 Brazil (Malouda, Ramires & Luiz)

Argentina 2-1 Portugal (Bosingwa)

Nigeria 2-0 Sierra Leone (Mikel)

Croatia 4-2 Czech Republic (Cech © )

Israel 0-2 Serbia (Ivanovic)

Netherlands 0-1 Czech Republic u21 (Van Aanholt & Bruma)

Ireland vs Cyprus u21 (Clifford)

Northern Ireland v Scotland about fifteen minutes in now. Northern Ireland seem to have the majority of the support here despite the fact there's a lot of empty seats, very vocal even still.

Both starting line-ups:

Northern Ireland:

1 Jonathan Tuffey ©

2 Rory McArdle

5 Stephen Craigan

4 Gareth McAuley

3 Chris Baird

6 Corry Evans

8 Steven Davis

10 Grant McCann

11 Niall McGinn

7 Pat McCourt