LDN Blue

POLAND couldn't even beat Lithuania.

that is embarrassing. it finished 0 - 0.

Robert Lewandowski was on the bench, but they didn't use him or sub him on.

Poland 0 -vs- 0 Lithuania

http://www.flashscore.com/match/foOfqQpe/#match-summary

http://www.sofascore.com/lithuania-poland/dUbsBVb

-THREE CHELSEA STARS TO LOOK OUT FOR AT EURO 2016

Despite enduring a torrid season, Chelsea remains one of the most famous clubs in world football, with many of its stars set to take the stage during this summer’s European Championships.Here, we look at three Chelsea stars who are set to play pivotal roles for their countries in France – and be sure to use this exclusive Ladbrokes promo code for Euro 2016 to take advantage of some great offers for those Chelsea players who are heading to the tournament!

Thibaut Courtois

A man who struggled throughout last season with a number of niggling injuries and some unconvincing displays, Courtois has failed to emerge from the shadow of Petr Cech, who left Chelsea for Arsenal in the summer. Whilst no-one can doubt the Belgian’s ability, Courtois has yet to show the sort of consistency with Chelsea that he was able to maintain in three remarkable years at Atletico Madrid.With question marks over his Stamford Bridge future remaining, Courtois recently went on record to say that he prefers playing behind the defence of his national side to a back four consisting of John Terry and company. Now is the time to put that to the test as the Belgians look to emerge from a tough group that includes Antonio Conte’s Italy, Sweden, and the Republic of Ireland.

Eden Hazard

An obvious contender, the 2015 PFA Player of the Year finished the season in superb fashion, despite doing little for much of the campaign. Finishing with six goals to his name, most of which in the final weeks of the Premier League season (including unforgettable goals against both Tottenham and Liverpool), the Belgian wing wizard has taken that run of goalscoring form into international football as well, scoring a crucial equalising goal in a 3-2 friendly win over Norway.Hazard showed glimpses of his old self in the final throes of last season, and having been installed as captain of the Belgian national side, the player will need to show greater responsibility on the pitch – something that should help his game. For all the talk surrounding Belgium’s supposed “golden generation”, they have made precious little impression in competitive tournaments in recent years. Now is the time for them to show what they are made of, and Hazard – for many, when on form, the third-best player in the world – will need to be their leading light.

Gary Cahill

A left-field choice admittedly, but Chelsea’s sole member of the English contingent could play the most important role of all in an extremely young and inexperienced squad. With more than 40 caps to his name, Cahill has been part of the spine of the England side for the past three seasons, and is one of only three centre-backs to have been named in the side by Roy Hodgson.With John Stones and Chris Smalling being more proactive in their style of defending and often opting to carry the ball out from the back, Cahill fits the mould of being a more archetypal, no-nonsense, classic English central defender. Hodgson loves to field contrasting pairs, and it would not come as a surprise to see Cahill play alongside either Stones or Smalling.But in a defence likely to also consist of Kyle Walker (16 caps), Smalling (25 caps) and Danny Rose (4 caps), Cahill is the elder statesman and leader of that back four – not forgetting that he is also Hodgson’s vice-captain! Furthermore, looking at the squad numbers for the tournament, and, given the FA’s love affair with the tradition of playing numbers 1-11, the fact Cahill is donning his usual number 5 shirt in the tournament could be another clue suggesting a heavy involvement for the Chelsea man this summer.

TalkChelsea.net

Iran goalkeeper Sosha Makani banned for wearing SpongeBob SquarePants trousers

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36484440

Iran goalkeeper Sosha Makani has been suspended for six months after wearing what was described as SpongeBob SquarePants trousers.

A photo was posted online of the 29-year-old - who has three caps - before a game for club side Persepolis.

Iran has strict clothing laws and ISNA news agency said the penalty was for "inappropriate conduct".

The Iranian football federation's morality committee cited Makani's clothing as one reason for the ban.

The photo was initially posted on social media on 6 May, causing the country's media to liken Makani's trousers to the American animation character.

The ruling is not final and can be appealed, but could also be related to a previous controversy in January.

Then Makani, who played for Iran at the 2014 World Cup, was arrested and taken to Tehran's Evin prison after pictures of him in the presence of a woman were leaked.

Iran also has strict laws against the mixing of unrelated men and women.

33 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Suarez rightly having a fit during the Uruguay game last night....I would be kicking off if Stuani was picked ahead of me, he's absolute gash.

What happened didn't see it? 

Edit found it https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jun/09/venezuela-uruguay-copa-america-quarter-finals

13 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Suarez rightly having a fit during the Uruguay game last night....I would be kicking off if Stuani was picked ahead of me, he's absolute gash.

The Uruguay coach said WC Qualifiers were more important than the Copa America Centenario. He probably got a call from Barcelona telling him that he should think about resting Suarez longer *winkwink*

• 3 weeks later...

have you guys seen this. this is a new uefa tournament starting in 2018 after the world cup 2018.

I only heard about this now due to listening to talksport uk radio.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018–19_UEFA_Nations_League

(UNL 2018/2019)

2018–19 UEFA Nations League

Tournament details

Dates    September 2018 – November 2018 (pool stage)

June 2019 (final four competition)

Teams    55 (from 1 confederation)

33 minutes ago, KevinAshburner said:

have you guys seen this. this is a new uefa tournament starting in 2018 after the world cup 2018.

Yes.

It's uefa's pathetic attempt to compensate national FAs after they complained that the watering down of the qualification stage for the Euros meant that some countries faced virtually no genuinely competitive football for two years. (As was the case with England for example.) Instead of cancelling the money grabbing silliness of a hopelessly easy qualifying campaign so as to reach a 24-team tournament where it takes 36 matches to eliminate almost nobody from the first round, they just lobbed this manufactured nonsense on top. I hate uefa.

Of course we fans have no one to blame but ourselves. If we treated the Mickey-Mouse fixtures with the contempt they deserve, football bodies would have to do better in order to sell tickets and TV contracts. As long as the FA can sell out Wembley and pull in the TV audience for cakewalk fixtures against no-hope opposition however, they will just keep serving that stuff up.

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

Gonna need a new babysitter that lot. Perhaps Woy can inquire about the vacant position; match made in heaven.

I would like to see Del Bosque or even Conte coaching Belgium, i think they could do wonders there, just my opinion.

8 hours ago, Johnnyeye said:

I would like to see Del Bosque or even Conte coaching Belgium, i think they could do wonders there, just my opinion.

Don't know. I can't see one of those two coaching a bunch of pampered children. There are rumours about Van Gaal being a candidate, that could be fun to watch.

2 hours ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

Don't know. I can't see one of those two coaching a bunch of pampered children. There are rumours about Van Gaal being a candidate, that could be fun to watch.

It could work with Van Gaal, but i agree with you, those Belgium players need discipline, too much primmadonnas there and it's wrecking the team's progress. We'll see what happens. Cheers