LDN Blue

After receiving criticism for cutting the Spanish away shirt, Gerard Pique is quitting the Spanish National Team after the next World Cup. The new Spanish away shirt has a "Spainsh flag detail" on the sleeve piping, but to me, it just looks like red/yellow piping. In reality, he just cut he sleeves on a long sleeve shirt that doesn't have the red/yellow piping. But the early backlash was the final straw for him. A public supporter of Catalonia's indepndence, he is not new to criticism from parts of the Spanish supporters.

This made me think of Megan Rapinoe, a United States Women's player who has recently knelt during the national anthem for both her club and country. For those who aren't aware, a number of American athletes are kneeling during the national anthem in protest of the injustice that certain parts of the American populace experience. The protest have been met with much resistance and criticism, but the protests continue to happen every weekend over here.

“I have chosen to kneel because in the time it has taken me to write this article, many more Americans have been lost to senseless violence,” Rapinoe writes in the essay titled “Why I Am Kneeling.” “I have chosen to kneel because not two miles from my hotel in Columbus, Ohio, on the night before our USWNT match against Thailand, a 13-year-old boy named Tyre King was fatally shot by a police officer. I have chosen to kneel because I simply cannot stand for the kind of oppression this country is allowing against its own people. I have chosen to kneel because, in the words of Emma Lazarus, ‘Until we are all free, we are none of us free.'”

My question is what level of "respect" for your country is expected when appearing for your national team? What would be the reaction if an English National Team player protested the queen while called up?

12 hours ago, kmk108 said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgians

However, Iberia is not the same as Iberian Peninsula. I don't think they come from a common civilization; however, with all of the different groups inside of Spain, I didn't look to see if any of them share similarities with Georgians. 

Those are some interesting facts. It mentions "Iberian" but I didn't know Iberian could mean an ancient Georgian Kingdom, as I always thought Iberia meant Spain and Portugal. With Georgians, most of them look identical to a Southern Spanish look. Maybe some centuries ago, the Georgians and the Spanish exchanged genes and hence their similarity in looks. 

They seem to be lacking the genes to make them good at football, something Spain has :P

• 5 weeks later...

Now I wonder WHICH clubs are objecting eh? Wonder if 1 is some cunts in North London and another are some bunch of cunts smelling like Manure?

Chelsea, Gareth Southgate & England

Will Gareth Southgate be given the England job on a full-time basis?

That seems to be the overriding sense following the recent 3-0 win over Scotland and the 2-2 draw against Spain.

But, according to the Times on Thursday, Chelsea are complicating issues before any announcement that Southgate has taken over the England manager’s role on a full-time basis can be made.

What’s the Chelsea problem?

The issue relates to Steve Holland, who is a coach both at Chelsea and with Southgate.

The Times inform their readers that Southgate now has a “political problem” with the Blues employee:

Several Premier League clubs objecting to Steve Holland being employed as his assistant while staying on as a coach at Chelsea.

Chelsea are adamant that they want Holland to stay at the club if he is appointed as Southgate’s No 2 on a permanent basis and believe that he is capable of combining both roles, but several of their Premier League rivals are understood to feel that would create a conflict of interests.

Holland could potentially gain early access to information about injuries suffered by players at other Premier League clubs for example, a situation that some of them object to.

The Times fail to report which clubs are objecting to Holland’s involvement with the Three Lions.

Gianni Infantino proposes Club World Cup expansion to 32 teams for 2019

Fifa president targets revamped version of tournament
‘We need to make the Club World Cup more interesting for teams’

Gianni Infantino wants to radically expand the Club World Cup and move the tournament from December to June.  (This will fuck up the transfer window wont it????)

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/nov/18/gianni-infantino-club-world-cup-expansion

• 1 month later...
36 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

RIP ex England manager Graham Taylor. Just passed away today.

He was a great moaner. Used to crack me up some of his quotes. Do I not like that!

Remember this pre match media  thingy.

And a good documentary on him

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 06/03/2017 at 5:05 PM, Fulham Broadway said:

British police in Moscow to discuss security with Russian police for the World Cup regarding potential fan violence.

At the same time a Russian government minister says ''Hooliganism should be a sport'' :o

Or at least an organized event!

Which Premier League club has the most international call-ups?

What I find interesting is theres only 1 Italian in the PL

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/12040/10808673/which-premier-league-club-has-the-most-international-call-ups

52 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Or at least an organized event!

Which Premier League club has the most international call-ups?

What I find interesting is theres only 1 Italian in the PL

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/12040/10808673/which-premier-league-club-has-the-most-international-call-ups

Why is David Luiz not in Brazil's squad, did he retire?

58 minutes ago, MefiX19 said:

Why is David Luiz not in Brazil's squad, did he retire?

Maybe his calf injury is worse than we thought.

Or Tite head doesnt like him?

But might go deeper as he wasn't selected for the Copa America neither.

Maybe its a Chelsea thing? We did have quite a few of their players at one time which you would think was a benifit all playing together regularly. But with Diego opting for Spain who knows what goes on with team selection lol

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

Maybe his calf injury is worse than we thought.

Or Tite head doesnt like him?

But might go deeper as he wasn't selected for the Copa America neither.

Maybe its a Chelsea thing? We did have quite a few of their players at one time which you would think was a benifit all playing together regularly. But with Diego opting for Spain who knows what goes on with team selection lol

Leaving David aside, which of our other Brazilians did we, or do we, think is good enough for the Selacoa? It doesn't take an anti-Chelsea conspiracy to leave those names out of the National team.

Returning to DL, perhaps he's just not fancied. There are an awful lot of people in the football world who could not select him either. Chelsea's gain.

2 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Leaving David aside, which of our other Brazilians did we, or do we, think is good enough for the Selacoa? It doesn't take an anti-Chelsea conspiracy to leave those names out of the National team.

Returning to DL, perhaps he's just not fancied. There are an awful lot of people in the football world who could not select him either. Chelsea's gain.

One less we have to worry about coming baxk injured.