Chelsea vs Arsenal

BlueLion.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great performances practically throughout the team. In particular the 3 man midfield of Essien, Mikel and Ramires. In the second half, when Arsenal were piling the pressure on, when it seemed a goal for the Gunners was inevitable, these 3 were simply meticulous in front of the back four, each of them magnificent.

Delighted for Ramires, who answered his critics in the best possible way today. Having been written off by some already as another Kleberson, he shows he is cut from significantly better cloth than that with a man of the match performance today, the best player on the pitch, rampaged around midfield, got up and supported the front 3 well, off the ball he is tenacious, rabid to win it back, on the ball he is forward thinking and creative. Created the opening goal, made a goal saving block against a Chamakh shot in the second half, this was the game where he truly showed his worth. Hailed by Ancelotti as the future of Chelsea and Brazil, hailed by Kaka as the best young midfielder on the planet, today he lived up to those expectations, definitely more of an Essien than a Kleberson.

Also as always Im over the moon that Drogba scores again against Arsenal. Alex's freekick was out of this world, a wonderful, intelligent performance and now a nice lead at the top of the table. Come on Chelsea!

Note: Shame about the injuries to Alex and Mikel, hopefully they aren't that serious and they have an international week to recover so it could be worse.

Try not to worry about the injuries too much, January isn't that far away, if the worse came to the worst....

On the other hand, looks like Ramieres is starting to come good, which is a massive boost.

Oh, and once again.....spare a thought for poor Joe Cole today :champions:

Delighted with the win! Did what was needed and the whole team played well! I am off to bed. I will update the site and get some videos and pictures up in the morning. Good night all!

Man of the match: Ramires.

He had an outstanding game. Someone posted "let's hope he proves his doubters wrong" and my word did he do that! He was sloppy at the beginning but eventually grew into the game and made such an enormous contribution, especially in the first goal. His tackling, passing and running was on point and from here he can only get better.

For the second goal, well.. Are we surprised? Alex is an amazing free kick taker, he could've had one at Marseille when he hit the post but today, almost Robert Carlos-esq!!

Defensively, we were 100% focused. We knew they'd have quite a lot of possession, especially with a 5-man midfield, but in the final 3rd we closed them down so much. Essien, Mikel, ANELKA (who hardly ever back-tracks) & Drogba all did their duty and helped Terry and Alex defend. Ivanovic was as focused as always, I can not wait for Bosingwa to come back because Ivanovic the centre back will be a machine!

A great open match anyway. A good way to bounce back from defeat at Manchester City, but there's still alot more to do. Aston Villa away next week, away, will be harder than this week.

Totally agree!! As the game went on, he was really settling into the midfield, winning some remarkable balls and he made a superb pass for Ashley Cole for the first goal.

I told you this guy needs time to settle!!

Totally agree!! As the game went on, he was really settling into the midfield, winning some remarkable balls and he made a superb pass for Ashley Cole for the first goal.

I told you this guy needs time to settle!!

I'll be the first to hold up my hands and say I thought he wouldn't be able to adapt to the pressures of this league. But thank god he's proved me wrong! :)

Brilliant result :champions:

Midfield 3 were outstanding today. Mikel, Essien and Ramires....absolute quality.

Just WOW at Alex. One off the training field imo, you can see Malouda shifting out of the wall to leave a gap for Alex to aim for.

Malouda turn to see the goal :D he didn't want to miss that goal :D