Chelsea vs Arsenal

BlueLion.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic win today! Thought we made it harder for ourselves than we needed to, gave them too much space without closing down as we would usually do against the Arse, but we held them off very well and got our goals, should have had more too considering Essien and Anelka had chances they should have put away 100% and Ash's goal wasn't offside....

I think Josh should start in place of ramires and see how josh can handle a whole 90 minutes of PL action. I still would like to see Ramires come on.

What did i tell you, that was not the type of game josh should of been tossed into. We needed every bit of mikel essien ramires's pace power and defensive ability for an onslaught that lasted a life time !

Fantastic win today! Thought we made it harder for ourselves than we needed to, gave them too much space without closing down as we would usually do against the Arse, but we held them off very well and got our goals, should have had more too considering Essien and Anelka had chances they should have put away 100% and Ash's goal wasn't offside....

I see where you're coming from Esk, but I noticed when we were trying to pass into spaces, Arsenal kept closing us down, Essien was literally being closed down by Wilshere and Diaby, and it was hard for him to do anything. That's why we needed Lampard, because he slows things down in midfield.

I thought Mikel in particular had a brilliant game, we saw the best of him. He dealt with pressure really well and was able to break up play and pass to a man in space. The same goes with Malouda as well. He has so much strength to just hold the ball and pass to someone who has more space than him. Exceptional.

Two good jokes....

1. Who's up for a Liverpool relegation party at the end of the summer?? :champions:

2. Why can't Arsene Wenger make tea or coffee at the Emirates??

'cause there are no cups!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

plenty of W(h)INE but made from sour grapes

Back from the match, a fantastic win, job well done. Absolute stunner of a goal from 'Alex'. Had one big goal celebration, everyone just went mental. The guy in front of me got up on his seat and started pulling me about, i was holding on to him, while celbrating. Good to see the Drogs keeping up his record for scoring against Arsenal.

Loved the chant towards the end to the Arse Fans (to the tune of Can't Take My Eyes of You) - Your Seasons Over, La la la la la la, Your Seasons Over, la la la la la la.

Good to have One Step Beyond at the end, a chance to go crazy.

what a vital win !!!! i love it when we get the three points even when we are not at our best but let's not carried away .... we had some problems during the game that sometimes , tbh they were always looking more likely to score but i am sure when lamps is back we will get back to our best

A big victory. The lads had to fight for it, as it was no way easy as I expected lol, and did a great job. I really love our defensive play which is really really clean, it looks so lovely when a player wins a ball in a clean way, without a foul. Alex's screamer was incredible, how on earth could he hit it so sexy. Malouda did a fantastic job in the wall as well. Bring on Villa!