Man City vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

Zolayes im fully aware the problem's our team can pose man city, but i think we must look to stagnate man city going forward. Our record against man city away from home is not great at all, they always come out and attack us with speed and pace. We must identify danger players such as johnson, toure, silva and tevez, and deny them space, ramires can cope with the threat johnson posse's us, and i can guarantee you a.cole will not be blindly bombing forward in this game like he did against blackpool.

00/01 Man City 1-2 Chelsea

02/03 Man City 0-3 Chelsea

03/04 Man City 0-1 Chelsea

04/05 Man City 1-0 Chelsea

05/06 Man City 0-1 Chelsea

06/07 Man City 0-1 Chelsea

07/08 Man City 0-2 Chelsea

08/09 Man City 1-3 Chelsea

09/10 Man City 2-1 Chelsea

I beg to differ. :P

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frank being out of this one is probably a good thing. I'm not criticising him because in my eyes he is the best midfielder on the planet. I just get the feeling this is going to be a very physical game, and we're certainly going to need the pace and energy of Essien, Mikel and Ramires.

I think we'll see this:

P. Cech

Ivan, Alex, Terry, Cole

Mikel

Essien, Ramires

Anelka, Drogba, Malouda

Mainly because with Benayoun and Kalou out, these are our only options :lol:

Bench: Turnbull, Ferreira, van Aanholt Bruma, Josh McEachran, Zhirkov, Sturridge.

I've just realised actually how small our squad is... :blink:

Frank being out of this one is probably a good thing. I'm not criticising him because in my eyes he is the best midfielder on the planet. I just get the feeling this is going to be a very physical game, and we're certainly going to need the pace and energy of Essien, Mikel and Ramires.

I think we'll see this:

P. Cech

Ivan, Alex, Terry, Cole

Mikel

Essien, Ramires

Anelka, Drogba, Malouda

Mainly because with Benayoun and Kalou out, these are our only options :lol:

Bench: Turnbull, Ferreira, van Aanholt Bruma, Josh McEachran, Zhirkov, Sturridge.

I've just realised actually how small our squad is... :blink:

Agree about the starting and the bench players. Our squad is small but so so strong, to have Lampard, Kalou, Bosingwa, Kakuta and Benayoun out and field a team that strong we can't really complain.

Despite the injuries we've got now I think we may still nick a win here. But if we hold out for a draw, I won't be that disappointed. Remember we're away from home and let's be honest, City aren't half bad at times. Our defence should be strong enough to withstand them though I can't say the same about theirs :lol:

Theres no way the city defence will handle our forwards, iv even heard richards is out and barry could be playing left back which could help us in the midfield battle. I think Essien and Mikel will be key to us winning this game, i also hope JT goes in hard through the back of tevez.