Man City vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hope we will get to see a different side of chelsea's game today , a more defensive , direct play . with Lamps missing out we have a big problem in our hands because as good as the trio of ramires , mikel and essien are , i don't know if they will be able to flick passes and move the ball the same way they did but against much more pressure ...

ramires and mikel takes too much time to produce a good long ball or good through ball , essien off course is better but we will have to admit when it comes to his passing game he is nowhere near lamps . i don't mean to offend any of them cause i love them all . each one of them is a very special midfielder but when it comes to passing and attacking display specially under pressure they are not even close to Lampard .

but i hope city's defense problems will help us get an early goal and then we can close down the field and catch them on the counter attack for a second .

You are not offending anyone. Like i have, you're just saying it the way it is. Lampard is indeed missed very much in our midfield play.

Today's midfield battle will be very interesting since both teams will field very physical midfields (unless Mancini makes a few surprising changes).

The first goal will be crucial and we just have to score that first goal.

I had a dream about the match and we won (can't believe i dreamt about watching a football match :lol:).

0-2 was the final score and Drogba scored the first goal. He scored like after 15 or 20 min. Unfortunately I can't remember who scored the second but i do remember that the second goal fell in the second half.

Let's hope the same happens today !

:cfc:

I had quite a surreal dream; most of it I can't recount but I remember walking past a television store where Sky Sports News was on, and it said in big letters Manchester City 0-6 Chelsea FT :blink: I must have gone to bed high or something :lol:

This is going to be a tough game, make no mistake about it. We have injury problems but they barely have a defence. We're worrying about their attacking threat but we have the PL's best defence - and besides their 3-0 win over an ordinary Liverpool they've barely impressed this season. They should be worried about what we're going to do to their makeshift back four!

I'm pretty sure Micah Richards will play anyway, any "doubtful" player always plays.

Le Kak will be on the bench and Zhirkov could come on and Malouda dropping into midfield with Ashley and Zhirkov then sharing the LB role if we lack creativity in the middle of the park that is.

Anelka will be on fire I think, the bench should be interesting!

I'm afraid of two things - Joe Hart and a bad refereeing. Otherwise, with our lovely line-up, we should manage to beat them. Most of the City fans, and not just them, expect some slip-up, so prove them all wrong!

I see what you mean but that was 3 years ago or something like that. Since that time, he has matured a lot and is definitely England number one. I hope everything I just said won't be the case today though.

Over the last two games Chelsea played against Joe Hart in a Man City shirt, we put eight past him. And Anelka can beat any goalkeeper in world football in the form he's in.

I agree with you about Anelka, he is in absolute great form. But when he plays from the right, he isn't a real goal scoring threat. More the link-up man, if you get what i mean.

Malouda, Drogba & Anelka will definitely give ManCity problems now. They're defensively much weaker than last season and a good defence is always key to a good attack, I have a feeling we're going to win this one.

But guys, a draw wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.. Just saying :D

i am very worried about those next three matches as much vital as they are , ATM we have very limited options that if we are looking for a win in the 3 matches we will have to start the same 11 players in three matches over one week !!!!!! that's gonna be exhausting ....

we have no other options in the subs except may be ferrera ( who i don't think should start in any important game ) and zhirkov (who seems to be way not in form and having some difficulties on his own) also we have sturridge ( well , not the best of options as he has proved recently he still needs to improve a lot ).

and then there are my favourites kakuta and Mceahcran who happens to be two very promising youngsters with a lo of potential to become world class footballers . and i think Mceahcran can have a better chance because he has the creativity that we might lack in midfield and due to our very slim options in his place . also personally i would prefer him to zhirkov in the LCM position . hope those two can get their chances against Marsiella because that's not a must win game we can afford to draw or lose this one but not he city or arsenal games .

anyway today is not only vital because it's our first test but more importantly because you can only imagine the spirit and morale of the team if we win this game . and only by this morale we can get over our injury problems and our thin squad options .

If we win this game we can just continue our momentum. Teves will score and hopefully Drogba will too, Anelka will give their left back a horrid time imo, and the front 3 always change it up anyway, it seems like ages since I've seen a game haha, 1 hour now....

Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany, Kolo Toure, Boyata, Milner, De Jong, Barry, Yaya Toure, Silva, Tevez

Subs: Given, Boateng, Lescott, Vieira, Johnson, Jo, Adebayor

Our front three should expose their defence. Malouda v Zabaleta and Anelka v Boyata

We absolutely have to win this one.