Ramires' performance

LDN Blue

congrats ,checked back thro the whole of the thread ...you were one of the few who stuck with him through December...when others were slating him

Exactly Rome was not built in a day and neither was Drogba or Malouda. We have a young player who is only 23 years of age, let him bed into the surroundings and then he will flourish, next season he will explode !

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly Rome was not built in a day and neither was Drogba or Malouda. We have a young player who is only 23 years of age, let him bed into the surroundings and then he will flourish, next season he will explode !

those were my feelings as well ...

He's improving his technique and touch now. His control is also a lot better. In a time where we've needed players to step up, be confident and smart with the ball, he's played a good role. Essien, it's been well noted, has not been himself lately. Perhaps it's because he's still nurturing an in injury or something, but Ramires has been solid in filling those shoes.

I don't want to pass full judgement yet though until into next season. That being said, he is adapting quicker than Malouda did, so it's encouraging.

I kind of want see him more attacking though. With Mikel sidelined, relegating Essien to that holding role, we're losing some attacking flare. I know, I know, Essien hasn't shown that either, but we can't keep expecting Lampard to find those killer balls to unleash the attackers. Ramires is showing all the signs of being a great player for us, like I said his holding of the ball has been a big improvement in his game, but if he takes that one step further to create chances for the strikers, he can pip Essien with a regular role in the starting XI

you can't EVER admit even the possibility you could ever be wrong..do you live on Mount Olympus

Cut him some slack. He was referring to people saying Ramires was being "slagged off" when it was just criticisms. He's not saying Ramires is crap or anything.

you can't EVER admit even the possibility you could ever be wrong..

If you wanted to be smart about it you'd know that I haven't posted a single thing on Ramires' ability or performances. I didn't slate him like a spaz and I'm not going to crown him every single time he outperforms our other proven midfielders.

Some of the criticism he received when he was adapting was fair and the fact that he has improved tremendously doesn't invalidate it.

If you wanted to be smart about it you'd know that I haven't posted a single thing on Ramires' ability or performances. I didn't slate him like a spaz and I'm not going to crown him every single time he outperforms our other proven midfielders.

Some of the criticism he received when he was adapting was fair and the fact that he has improved tremendously doesn't invalidate it.

You constantly said he wasnt worth anything like what we payed (your spelling not mine) far too much for him

damn..crossbar prevented my african Ramires from scoring. :D

Ramires is not an African he is Brazilian, are you African and if you are were about in africa do you originate from ?

All Ramires ever needed was time, he was thrown into a war zone lol when he first arrived !