Ramires' performance

LDN Blue

But... I didn't really understand why Carlo has substituted him...

..for Kalou :doh:

Ramires made some good runs today, there was one he played with Lampard (I think) which should've ended in a goal for him in the first half, he was very unlucky. He's improving at a rate which is impressive, he's showing good attacking awareness (which I didn't think he would have). If he carries on like this Mikel/Essien will have some real competition when Mikel comes back :lol:

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ramires is bringing an energy to the team that I havnt seen before, almost like a young attacking Ashley Cole. He chases and breaks down any attempted counter attack, its like watching a cheetah take down a gazelle. This speed allows him to create runs that defenders simply cant keep up with and he had some absolutely brilliant runs which were ignored by Anelka. This brings up a whole different issue by itself, Anelka is only good when he is competing for his position. When he begins to feel comfortable, his performance reflects it.

Ramires was taken off because, for all his tireless energy and enthusiasm, he doesn't offer enough of an attacking threat at a time we were chasing a goal. So that's why Ancelotti brought on a striker, so that we could get that goal. And we did, because of Kalou's smart reading of Drogba's little chest, and simply crossing the ball earlier up the pitch.

Kalou played well. He got stuck in the box a few times and had nowhere to go, not really his fault, nobody was there to help. I was actually very unimpressed by Bosingwa, he insisted on getting the ball, then would start his run down the right flank, only to follow up with a missed pass or a cross that was way off target. It was pathetic.

For me is a solid performance at this moment of the season as I spected because he was new. He will Help a Lot. Is a Similar player like Essien, Box to Box Faster than Essien but less Strong. Ones he finish to adapt to the live in London he will be great and one of the best. He was a great buy

well in the last couple of games he was superb , he brings needed energy and pace to our midfield and his passing has been a lot better bu he has to bulk up a little bit and he will be another bison ..... i think he will be a crowd favorite in 2012

Ramires was taken off because, for all his tireless energy and enthusiasm, he doesn't offer enough of an attacking threat at a time we were chasing a goal. So that's why Ancelotti brought on a striker, so that we could get that goal. And we did, because of Kalou's smart reading of Drogba's little chest, and simply crossing the ball earlier up the pitch.

He offered far more than Anelka.

Agreed. Not necessarily in a direct way - he isn't as much of a goal threat - but his pace and drive was causing problems and he was carrying the ball long distances and creating opportunities. He HAS to continue playing because he frankly looks one of three of four players who give a shit.

Agreed. Not necessarily in a direct way - he isn't as much of a goal threat - but his pace and drive was causing problems and he was carrying the ball long distances and creating opportunities. He HAS to continue playing because he frankly looks one of three of four players who give a shit.

Yeah he is very different to Mikel, we play a faster more intensive game with him in the first 11, but i still rate obi higher because he is so much more superior technically.

Ramires's improvement in the last 2 games has been obvious , some say he is finally getting to his own while some others think he is adapting to the pace of the EPl but i have some other thoughts ......

one of the main reasons for ramires's improvement is another player and this player is frank lampard , ramires always struggled to pass the ball or to find a man to pass to , that's where lampard has helped a lot .

lampard's presence in the midfield is essential for this kind of players , who needs a player in the midfield who is always available for the pass , this makes ramires's life a lot easier because he is not very creative and his passes are not accurate so in tough situations instead of having to find a team mate or one of the front three lamps will be there to get the short simple pass .

Ramires's improvement in the last 2 games has been obvious , some say he is finally getting to his own while some others think he is adapting to the pace of the EPl but i have some other thoughts ......

one of the main reasons for ramires's improvement is another player and this player is frank lampard , ramires always struggled to pass the ball or to find a man to pass to , that's where lampard has helped a lot .

lampard's presence in the midfield is essential for this kind of players , who needs a player in the midfield who is always available for the pass , this makes ramires's life a lot easier because he is not very creative and his passes are not accurate so in tough situations instead of having to find a team mate or one of the front three lamps will be there to get the short simple pass .

Exactly.

Ramires has been great in the last few games and it is good to see. He along with Frank has added some much needed drive in the midfield. If only we could get Essien up to form then we would be sorted in the midfield and could concentrate on getting the forwards into shape....

Ramires is showing at last what he is all about and i am looking forward to seeing more progress from him.

• 2 weeks later...

I really didn't like him and thought He was pointless and a waste of money, but he has had some blinding games lately and I applaud him. Just needs to bulk Up a bit or he will get pushed around too easily

Yep, definately needs to bulk up, he looks about 12 lol.

Been superb in the last 3-4 games or so, improving every match and may just turn out to be a real gem of a signing.

He is improving and he is gaining confidence. I really all action displays and his drive, technical ability will improve with time.

Agreed. He's been much better than Essien lately.

But still needs a lot of work on his first touch and ball control. He flourishes whenever given space but can't find his way out of tight situations since his touch lets him down.

He is improving and he is gaining confidence. I really all action displays and his drive, technical ability will improve with time.

congrats ,checked back thro the whole of the thread ...you were one of the few who stuck with him through December...when others were slating him