Ramires' performance

LDN Blue

I have an hypothesis about his game: I found that he plays relatively well when the other guys around him plays well ; in contrast, when the other players on the field doesn't play well, that influences his game. We could se it several times this season, by example against Zilina at the Bridge, all the team wasn't good during the half time so was Ramires, and when we improved our playing way in the second half, Ramires was suddently much better.

Against Marseille, Ramires missed a lot of pass, controls because the team was in a Friendly Match spirit ; whereas against Tottenham where all the team was at 150%, he was better

I read a lot of criticism about the Blue Kenyan for 2 or 3 months, but nobody does let himself adapt to the British way of life, the language and the way of playing. It's evident for me that a lot of people I see criticizing Ramires now are going to change their opinion during the next months, but I do not feel this free and plentiful criticism about our n°7 justified

You only need to read all the posts in this thread itself to see the unjustified (imo) stick he's got. I think part of that stems from the thought people have that 'Hey he is Brazilian, so he must have some flair etc' but Carlo himself has come out and said that he's not your average Selecao player. Also I think some fans are miffed with his price tag, which I cannot understand. It's the club's problem that they couldn't negotiate a better price, it's not Ramires' fault. Again, some of the frustration at not signing marquee players to replace the ones departed has been directed at R7.

About your hypothesis, I think it's because he flourishes when he's given space to run into. In the second half against Zilina and the Spurs game, also the Arsenal game earlier in the season, he wasn't tightly marked or closed down very quickly/effectively. It's a fact that his first touch is poor currently and when he's denied space, this problem magnifies itself. But when given space to run into, he does well.

I think he'll come good as he plays more and more games and acquaints himself with our style of play and starts understanding fully what the manager and the teammates around him want him to do.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ramires is a fantastic player. However, with Mikel and Essien already in our team, I (personally) feel we don't need this kind of player. If you get my point?

I tend to share your point. He's not the kind of player we really need. I believe he remains a good choice for CFC's futur, but right now he's not the one we need. The board should have go for a player of the likes of Ozil or Van der Vaart.

He ain't as bad as most of people claim it... When we're watching him play, it does appear to us he's really bad with his passing game. But, take a look at his statistics (acording to the Guardiuan's Chalkboard) :

- against Tottenham : he completed 47 passes outta 60 (78,3%)

- against Newcastle : he completed 45 passes outta 54 (83,3%)

- against Birmingham : he completed 25 passes outta 32 (78,1%)

- against Sunderland : he completed 26 passes outta 35 (74,3%)

- against Liverpool : he completed 39 passes outta 49 (79,6%)

- against Aston Villa : he completed 38 passes outta 44 (86,4%)

- against Arsenal : he completed 35 passes outta 43 (81,4%)

- against City : he completed 31 passes outta 41 (75,6%)

- against Blackpool : he completed 41 passes outta 43 (95,3%)

- against West Ham : he completed 52 passes outta 57 (91,2%)

=> So yes, his passing game isn't yet perfect, he miss a lot of passes and all... But he ain't that bad... Actually his major problem is that he miss some passes that even a kid can't miss. And because of that people think he can't complete a single pass.

After, he's in trouble with his physic... But we have to give him time and be patient. He's coming from a league where the physic doesn't count. And he needs time to get weight.

And as Vinnie Paz (for those who know him lool) has said once : "Patience is a vertue".

Passing stats mean fuck all in football. There's only one statistic that wins you matches, and that's goals scored.

Passing stats mean fuck all in football. There's only one statistic that wins you matches, and that's goals scored.

:lol:

Lol, I guess I misspoke myself...

The majority of Chelsea fan keep sticking on Ramires because acording to them he's unable to complet a single pass. So I just wanted to pointed out he's not that bad...

ps: So Mikel he's one of the worst players I've ever seen xD

Count Makelele to it.

But awwww his pen forever stick in the mind :D

I dont think Ramies been that bad.Okay hasnt been amazing but hey thats just us.We seem to buy players who are good.They play like crap for a bit hit form and dont look back then we oooooooooooo

Thought he had a goodish game against Sunderland.Or just seemed to be mentioned and shown a lot but hey passed to the right players

:lol:

Lol, I guess I misspoke myself...

The majority of Chelsea fan keep sticking on Ramires because acording to them he's unable to complet a single pass. So I just wanted to pointed out he's not that bad...

ps: So Mikel he's one of the worst players I've ever seen xD

That's better, I understand now :) I also agree, a lot of people aren't happy because he isn't quite up to speed (as we can see from misplaced passes and so on).

And your second point, that isn't what I was getting at. I'm saying the statistics on passing don't matter. Obviously the action of passing is a good one :lol:

Due to work, I was only able to catch the Bolton game at around the 70th min. But from what I saw, Ramires was on a whole new level. Everytime Bolton would attempt a counter attack, you see a lightning fast number 7 hunting them down. His passes connected, he had excellent controll (around the 80th when him and terry fought off 3-4 bolton players was impressive), he was moving well, and seemed to finally find his rhythm in the team. The fact that it can only get better from here leaves high hopes for me. How was the rest of his performance?

Due to work, I was only able to catch the Bolton game at around the 70th min. But from what I saw, Ramires was on a whole new level. Everytime Bolton would attempt a counter attack, you see a lightning fast number 7 hunting them down. His passes connected, he had excellent controll (around the 80th when him and terry fought off 3-4 bolton players was impressive), he was moving well, and seemed to finally find his rhythm in the team. The fact that it can only get better from here leaves high hopes for me. How was the rest of his performance?

prob MOM

I think the other players don't like him. They don't pass to him, despite he's in a good possition.

That sucks, he needs confidence.

He does look a bit lonley on the pitch, but thats because he doesnt have his team mate's trust yet. Thats something time will resolve.

I think the other players don't like him. They don't pass to him, despite he's in a good possition.

That sucks, he needs confidence.

I don't think thats the case but I did notice a couple times where he was wide open and was denied the ball