Ramires' performance

LDN Blue

Ive been anticipating a goal from Ramires for quiet some time now. It was long over due, however, I cant help but feel that it was a poor finish. If his finishing and power develops some more, he can bring something to our midfield that we havnt seen before; thankfully, those 2 traits can be easily taught.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is a genuine box to box midfielder and he does have an eye for goal. That wont be his last goal for us this season for sure. I'm just not sure you can play him AND Obi.

sry ollie, i've always liked your knowing but this mikel thing is gettin in your head and this is utterly shit... if there is one person in our midfield that gives nothing to us right now its ESSIEN and obi + Ramires works better than i would ever thought of, Ramires (ohter than Essien) allows Mikel to get forward every now and than, in my opinion our best midfield right now ist this one:

------------------Micky/Ramires

----------------------------Ramires/Josh

----Lamps/Josh

just stop fooling you're self, mikel alongside Cech player of the season so far he was brilliant against bolton...

He had been quite unlucky in front of the goal but he finally found the net yesterday. Good for him. Although yesterday he was the victim of almost every dirty tackle but still he managed to perform in some style.

Maybe Essien is struggling a bit for form but when he's back to his best, he's one of the best midfielders in the league, no way can you leave him out. I'm not a big fan of Mikel because he's lazy and slow and half asleep so much of the time and always gives the ball away or gets caught in possession (apart from that, he's alright), when he went off yesterday, Ramires scored the goal and we looked a much better team. We were passing better, attacking better and the movement was much better. Although we scored 4, we didn't really play that well upto 3-0 but Bolton were awful, their defending and GK just had a shocker. In the final 20 minutes, we were a lot more fluent.

Essien - Defensive role, strong, not half asleep

Lampard - Attacking, passer, makes things happen.

Ramires - Box to Box, full of energy. Wants the ball, wants to defend, wants to score

McEachran is nearly ready. Good on the ball, makes things happen, good passer.

That's just my opinion.

Edited by OllieCFC

Maybe Essien is struggling a bit for form but when he's back to his best, he's one of the best midfielders in the league, no way can you leave him out. I'm not a big fan of Mikel because he's lazy and slow and half asleep so much of the time and always gives the ball away or gets caught in possession (apart from that, he's alright), when he went off yesterday, Ramires scored the goal and we looked a much better team. We were passing better, attacking better and the movement was much better. Although we scored 4, we didn't really play that well upto 3-0 but Bolton were awful, their defending and GK just had a shocker. In the final 20 minutes, we were a lot more fluent.

Lampard - Attacking, passer, makes things happen.

Ramores - Box to Box, full of energy. Wants the ball, wants to defend, wants to score

That's just my opinion.

I've always been a fan of Mikel and it's been great to see his fantastic performances this season but I think we can do much better without him in that DM role. While his strength on the ball and calmness when under pressure from opposition players is unquestionable, I think he's not been able to move things about quickly in the middle of the field. IMO his decision making while passing is just a tad slow still and we'd be better served playing Essien there. He is the complete midfielder and certainly among the top 3 box to box mids in the world and we're wasting his vision and passing by playing him as a CM. Ramires showed in the Spurs game that right now his best position is at RCM. His pace is terrific and he gives us great energy there, a perfect compliment for Lamps alongside him who will do what he does best now that he's returned.

IMO our 3 in midfield should be set up like this :

------------------------Essien----------------------------

--------Ramires-----------------Lampard-------------

The second half against Spurs really demonstrated that we have a lot to gain by playing Essien and Ramires as mentioned above, with Lampard providing the creative impetus and late runs into the box.

Maybe Essien is struggling a bit for form but when he's back to his best, he's one of the best midfielders in the league.... I'm not a big fan of Mikel because he's lazy and slow and half asleep so much of the time and always gives the ball away or gets caught in possession (apart from that, he's alright)... when he went off yesterday, Ramires scored the goal and we looked a much better team. We were passing better, attacking better and the movement was much better.

That's just my opinion.

ok ollie just give me a break, we're talking about john obi mikel, not any other player right? Essien ist not struggling for form Essien is finished and done, he never ever looked the old Essien since comeing back from his two bad injuries, and no wonder, cause such injurys have proven to kill some players Carreers, I love Essien much more than you could imagine, for me he was the best midfielder two years ago, but he will never ever be the same Essien... this injurys seem to have cost him darely

you mean that essien that we saw struggling against arsenal in the DM, giving two balls away for three goals? That essien that we saw runned over and passed by his bad positioning while mikel was injured? you mean the same Essien who has argueably done anything yesterday despite that one wonderfull run for ramires goal? That essien that left Mikel alone against four opposite players?

you mean also the same essien that looses every second ball and donts wins any tacklings since his red card?

sry Ollie you can hate Mikel as much as you want but this is ridiciulus really, essien hasn't proven anything in the last four monthes that would make me think, as an objecitve human beeing, he is right to play, this is a carloesque way to explain why a better mikel should be placed on a bench while the worst essien ever should play : "ai äm äppie wisse skwuadä, wafankulo, porka misära, Ässiänäh shuldä plä, cose, ie äs äxpiriens" bullshit...

you also talk about mikel who has the most interceptions in our team, most forward passes as a DM in this league (this for the arguement he passes always sideways), most accurate passes in this league (way over 91%), who tried his best to make us look like a team playing good football with countless one twos the whole time, released malouda for the 2:0, and gave anelka a superb through ball, while essien was passing the game, intercepted every bolton attack and rarely putting a foot wrong?

I think mikel should leave chelsea and than kick our ass in Barcas midfield at the championsleague finals, despite being hier criticised for the very wrong reasons...

maybe we looked a lot better after mikels replacement (i doubt that but iaccept your oppinion), but maybe it was because mceacrhan was ON the field and not because Mikel was REPLACED? how about thinking that way?

Mikel was alongside with cech and drogs the only reason we where leading 3:0 and even the sky-commentator accepted that, Mikel or Cech this seasosn player of the year, but we should let mikel on the bench because Ollie thinks he is lazy? You would be a pretty bad manager Ollie :D :D :D

Ramires looked like he would score for many many games now, it wasn't because mikel went off, it was because ramires tried... thats all... and if you dont accept this, its only because you dont like mikel, and this boy could make shit to a quadruple you would still say he is lazy (dspite his teammates (lamps and terry) admittint he where looking the most fit in our dressing room), cant place a through ball, wont do anything...

Im going as far and would say, if mikel mceachran and ramires would have played yesterday... we would've won 7:0...

take it or leave it... Essien isn't the old bison anymore, a good squadplayer but no bison anymore.... and mikel is in every department (despite shooting and attacking-minded) way better than him...

Not at all, I like your passion for the things and players you believe in, eg Cork and Mikel :)

thanks but i cant take it, ppl blame players only because they dont like them, i would sell mikel and ramires in the blink of an eye just to get the old bison, I try to belive in things that are facts and not to get this in my personal opinion, if i would put a tem on the field that I LIKE, there would probably only be bane, lamps, Ess and cech from our actuall team all others ar somehow to ignorant and arrogant, but I try to figure out the best for the team :eyebrows::unsure:

Ramires just doesn't stop running,

superb box-to-box midfielder, its great to see him galloping up and down the pitch like a 100km runner :lol:

And a goal last night :dance:

Ramires is really starting to show signs of being a very good player for us, and certainly starting to justify the transfer fee.

Even though Essien was having a poor game yesterday his long range passing was brilliant. Ramires actually has a brilliant long range pass on him as well !

Ramires does have a very good shot on him, Essien wasn't himelf but was stronger in the 2nd half.

I find it depressing that some fans can only support their favourite players by unfairly ridiculing other players ..we had it with yossi and kakuta ..

now it seems to be Mikel and Essien. IMO and it is only my opinion BOTH are valuable members of our squad and it would be a great mistake

to get rid of either.

I find it depressing that some fans can only support their favourite players by unfairly ridiculing other players ..we had it with yossi and kakuta ..

now it seems to be Mikel and Essien. IMO and it is only my opinion BOTH are valuable members of our squad and it would be a great mistake

to get rid of either.

to get rid of either.

:goodpost:

I think Mikel is better than Essien at defensive midfield play. It is therefore the case, Essien and Ramires should be battling out to show Carlo which deserves to play - Thus bringing out the best of each other alongside Lampard.