People prasing Kalou today

Shane

I agree with bluelion, people don't like certain opinions on this forum and it messes everything up. I think this forum has got worse as the years have rolled on, we have lost people who had knowledge about the club. We have too many people here who don't know much about who we are as a football club. Not many people here know anything about tactics or strategies we might use against different opponents. Cfcnet is a much better forum than our one and they have genuine Chelsea fans who understand out team. Look at the people who have fucked off in past season's lampards bitch, mike cfc, elliott, even ollie is not here that much. These are people who understand chelsea fc, not these people who post from bloody Croatia who probably have never been to a Chelsea match before.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this forum has a literally 'carefree' attitude towards things, and people who are different in their way of thinking end up getting criticised for it. But, that's another story, I suppose...

I think this can be Kalou's season if he continues to be used as he is. Ancelotti seems to have found out how to use him properly - something Mourinho, Grant and Scolari simply couldn't do. He is a very good impact sub and he could easily get 15 goals this season.

I think this can be Kalou's season if he continues to be used as he is. Ancelotti seems to have found out how to use him properly - something Mourinho, Grant and Scolari simply couldn't do. He is a very good impact sub and he could easily get 15 goals this season.

Exactly. He doesn't need to be the best player in the world right now, cause we have 3 superb strikers in Malouda, Drogba and Anelka. And almost nobody would replace them, so stop moaning about Kalou everybody and let him do his work - and that's coming on when the opponent's defenders are tired and creating some chances with his pace.

He just turned 25, what are you all expecting... remember Drogba exploded with like 26 or 27 years. If we give Kalou some confidence and reliance, he may turn out to be a fantastic striker/winger in the next years.

well is everyone here talking about the same kalou that i know of ???!!!!!!!!!!!

you gave me the impression that you talk about Drogba , ohhh !!! you know what since i came here people have always praised kalou even more than they praised lamps or terry or Drogba .

kalou is good but i think he is so overrated player in here , i rate him as just above average player but not something out of the world like a lot have said .

the reason why i think kalou is not great because i would simply take any of our former or current wingers over him i mean i would choose any of :

robben - duff - j.cole(in his days) - malouda - anelka ... over kalou

but he somehow manage to be a very good impact sub

Its really pretty simple, if you like Kalou then fair enough, go ahead and give your opinions on him and the reasoning behind your opinions. If you dont like Kalou then thats fair enough too, you can go ahead and give your opinions on him and the reasoning behind those opinions. What is not right is blind hate. Hating on somebody without reason. Perfect exmaple was when we signed Yossi Benayoun and he was getting heavily trashed because some thought his signing would mean less first team opportunities for Kakuta. There is no need to turn a Benayoun thread into a Kakuta thread. There is no need to go around hating on Benayoun when at that stage he hadn't even kicked a ball for us yet.

Personally Im not Kalou's biggest fan, he runs down too many cul de sacs and loses the ball too much for my liking, on top of that the man makes one on ones look like a particularly difficult brain surgery procedure, like others Id rather Kakuta was given the amount of time on the pitch that Kalou is. That being said it doesnt mean that Im blind to Kalou's improvement, he was excellent in the last few weeks on last season for us, he did well yesterday against Stoke when he came on, he is a useful player to have in the squad, he is unpredictable and he has got pace about him.

Its dumb hating just for the sake of hating.

I agree with bluelion, people don't like certain opinions on this forum and it messes everything up. I think this forum has got worse as the years have rolled on, we have lost people who had knowledge about the club. We have too many people here who don't know much about who we are as a football club. Not many people here know anything about tactics or strategies we might use against different opponents. Cfcnet is a much better forum than our one and they have genuine Chelsea fans who understand out team. Look at the people who have fucked off in past season's lampards bitch, mike cfc, elliott, even ollie is not here that much. These are people who understand chelsea fc, not these people who post from bloody Croatia who probably have never been to a Chelsea match before.

a touch of xenophobia there ,,,I welcome the internationality of the fans here... actually Dubrovnik is beautiful

Its really pretty simple, if you like Kalou then fair enough, go ahead and give your opinions on him and the reasoning behind your opinions. If you dont like Kalou then thats fair enough too, you can go ahead and give your opinions on him and the reasoning behind those opinions. What is not right is blind hate. Hating on somebody without reason. Perfect exmaple was when we signed Yossi Benayoun and he was getting heavily trashed because some thought his signing would mean less first team opportunities for Kakuta. There is no need to turn a Benayoun thread into a Kakuta thread. There is no need to go around hating on Benayoun when at that stage he hadn't even kicked a ball for us yet.

Personally Im not Kalou's biggest fan, he runs down too many cul de sacs and loses the ball too much for my liking, on top of that the man makes one on ones look like a particularly difficult brain surgery procedure, like others Id rather Kakuta was given the amount of time on the pitch that Kalou is. That being said it doesnt mean that Im blind to Kalou's improvement, he was excellent in the last few weeks on last season for us, he did well yesterday against Stoke when he came on, he is a useful player to have in the squad, he is unpredictable and he has got pace about him.

Its dumb hating just for the sake of hating.

yes , i agree with you but whether you like kalou or not you can't just praise him as if he is lionell messi or diego armando maradona ..

i can see a lot of positives in his game but there is a lot of negatives too so i just can't understand why is kalou our fan's favourite right in here instead of lamps , terry , essien and Drogba

you know what since i came here people have always praised kalou even more than they praised lamps or terry or Drogba .

kalou is good but i think he is so overrated player in here , i rate him as just above average player but not something out of the world like a lot have said .

the reason why i think kalou is not great because i would simply take any of our former or current wingers over him i mean i would choose any of :

robben - duff - j.cole(in his days) - malouda - anelka ... over kalou

but he somehow manage to be a very good impact sub

who has said Kalou is out of this world?

If people "praise" Kalou more it`s due to the fact that people call him useless or "Kalouless" when he clearly isn`t. a frustrating at times player who could sometimes do better,but far from useless

Duff is more of a winger in a 4-4-2 than a "winger" in a 4-3-3, tho both him and Robben weren`t sold because Kalou is better than them,but because they were/are injury prone and we had acceptable offers for...Joe Cole was better "in his day" ..so was Pat Nevin but it`s only the present and future that matters now.

Kalou is indeed a good impact player and good squad player to have who can play any position in the front 3 and doesn`t sulk when he doesn`t start like a possibly more skilled player would do..there are lots of ingredients that go into a cake..you can`t just use cherries,you need eggs and flour to bind it all together and that is where the likes of Kalou,Mikel,Zhirkov etc...come in.

If people "praise" Kalou more it`s due to the fact that people call him useless or "Kalouless" when he clearly isn`t. a frustrating at times player who could sometimes do better,but far from useless

Duff is more of a winger in a 4-4-2 than a "winger" in a 4-3-3, tho both him and Robben weren`t sold because Kalou is better than them,but because they were/are injury prone and we had acceptable offers for...Joe Cole was better "in his day" ..so was Pat Nevin but it`s only the present and future that matters now.

Kalou is indeed a good impact player and good squad player to have who can play any position in the front 3 and doesn`t sulk when he doesn`t start like a possibly more skilled player would do..there are lots of ingredients that go into a cake..you can`t just use cherries,you need eggs and flour to bind it all together and that is where the likes of Kalou,Mikel,Zhirkov etc...come in.

Never mind , i was just annoyed by the fact that people praise kalou more than anyone else and i have no problem with praising kalou but that is too much to make a topic just for praising him !!!!!

well said ,,,the over praising is a natural reaction to those who who were far too critical ...and if Carlo picks him it is because he values his play

not for any sexual reasons that a couple of people on here suggested.

things can perhaps return to normal now and players rated on their actual perfomances and not on prejudices ,,,

Never mind , i was just annoyed by the fact that people praise kalou more than anyone else and i have no problem with praising kalou but that is too much to make a topic just for praising him !!!!!

Hah, only you compared him to Messi, nobody else did that. Those guys who defend Kalou just said to get off his back.

And who doesn't speak great things about Lamps and Terry, but you can find lots of them who will slag Anelka and somebody other and another week they will sign songs to them. Hypocrites.

How many people praised Mikels play previous seasons, and now everybody say how good he is.

People just get defensive whenever someone criticizes him.

No. People just get defensive for Kalou when somebody says shit about him. He is our player and does he deserves to be called idiot, moron and something else?

You have the right to criticize his gameplay. But is he a fucking idiot if he fucks something?

He is our player and does he deserves to be called idiot, moron and something else?

You have the right to criticize his gameplay. But is he a fucking idiot if he fucks something?

That's exactly my point,people get butthurt cause he's wearing Blue,I'm sure most here would be laughing at him if he was playing for United or the scum.

I'm all for supporting our players but let's not get ridiculous,he's not going to turn brilliant overnight or develop into the next Drogba.

That's exactly my point,people get butthurt cause he's wearing Blue,I'm sure most here would be laughing at him if he was playing for United or the scum.

I'm all for supporting our players but let's not get ridiculous,he's not going to turn brilliant overnight or develop into the next Drogba.

Your right, hes not going to turn brilliant over night. But he keeps improving every game and that's all we can ask for. From a player who gets roughly 15 minutes a game can you honestly expect much more? If Carlo believes he in the right choice for the squad then so be it.

I don't question his (slight) improvement but I'm not surprised he's not a fan favorite after being utterly shit for the biggest part of the 4 years he has been playing for Chelsea.

If some feel the need to be Bluer than thy then I'd recommend them defending Ferreira who has been a terrific servant of the club since he came and was Mr.Consistent only a few years ago :whistling:

I don't question his (slight) improvement but I'm not surprised he's not a fan favorite after being utterly shit for the biggest part of the 4 years he has been playing for Chelsea.

If some feel the need to be Bluer than thy then I'd recommend them defending Ferreira who has been a terrific servant of the club since he came and was Mr.Consistent only a few years ago :whistling:

Little correction, he is fan favourite now, our Mr. Greatest Substitute Ever. The problem with him is that he may be a good substitute but if he uses one of these 25 slots he should also be able to play 90 minutes on good/high level.

IMO the people who don't rate Kalou know very little about football.

Lol at this statement.

I'm not going to get into any personal insults with anyone because I'm here to talk about football, If your into that you can find TX on some hiphop site. Kalou was getting criticized hear last last, about midway through, I was one of them, But then he turned it around, and people began to realise that he is a good player. Did very well at the end of last season. But then in preseason after NOT playing a game since then, He started being criticized again, On another football forum I'm on the thread was underrated players, Some guy posted Kalou, saying he seems to score almost every time he comes on for Chelsea, His goalscorering record for a sub is fantastic. People saying he is only good enough for a midtable club are just stupid, Kalou has the potential to become a big part of Chelsea F.C, People also said that Kakuta was ALREADY better then him, The same Kakuta who was average for the reserves last season against Kalou who scored a hattrick in a crucial game we needed to win to win the league. Maybe he was inconsistent but, I think he has got consistent now, Consistently good.