People prasing Kalou today

Shane

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just because you are Portuguese and Nani plays for your national team doesnt make him >>> Kalou.

wtf.gif

Kalou scored 43 goals and 33 assists in 175 games

Nani 18 goals and 23 assists in 110 games.

Thats 65 games 25 goals and 10 assists lesser than Kalou.

Both are Winger/Strikers and Nani starts more games than Kalou does.

You can't evaluate players only by the statistics.

Curiously enough, the two best players of all time didn't score many goals.

Since the second part of last season that Nani is one of the most important players from Manchester United. At the moment, he's a great player but obvioulsy that he wasn't always like that, players go through an adaptation process.

At the moment, Nani is much better than Kalou. Is there any doubt about it?

wtf.gif

You can't evaluate players only by the statistics.

Curiously enough, the two best players of all time didn't score many goals.

Since the second part of last season that Nani is one of the most important players from Manchester United. At the moment, he's a great player but obvioulsy that he wasn't always like that, players go through an adaptation process.

At the moment, Nani is much better than Kalou. Is there any doubt about it?

Pele: In his career he scored 760 official goals, 541 in league championships, making him the top scorer of all time. In total he scored 1281 goals in 1363 games.

Eusébio: scored for Benfica 727 goals in 715 games and 41 in 64 caps for Portugal.

Maradona: scored 311 goals in 589 matches.

:unsure:

I don't think it's fair to compare Kalou and Nani; they operate as wingers, yes, but in different formations. Plus Nani is an out-and-out winger whilst Kalou is in the Anelka mould in the way he is a centre forward who just happens to be moderately effective out wide.

Pele: In his career he scored 760 official goals, 541 in league championships, making him the top scorer of all time. In total he scored 1281 goals in 1363 games.

Eusébio: scored for Benfica 727 goals in 715 games and 41 in 64 caps for Portugal.

Maradona: scored 311 goals in 589 matches.

:unsure:

First of all, I can't talk about players that I never saw playing. I mean, I saw some World Cup matches, but that's not enough to evaluate a player. And it's normal that Pelé had scored so many goals at that time. Soccer was much more "rude", disorganized and all that

Football nowadays is much more advanced. It's way harder to win a Champions League or a WC nowadays than in the past. There is no comparison. It's normal that nowadays there aren't as many scorers as before. Football has evolved.

In my opinion, the best player isn't the one that scores more goals. There are teams that show a more offensive dynamic. If you notice, Chelsea, last season, has scored a lot more goals than Man U but won the Premiership with only one point advantage. There are those teams that don't score many goals but they win anyways. Look at Inter, his best scorer was Milito with only 19 goals and Eto'o also didn't score much but he was extremely important.

Klose is only a goal away from Ronaldo in World Cups but Ronaldo is much, much better. It is a relative factor, it depends on a lot of things.

And I honestly don't understand that fetish of saying that the best ever were the most offensive players. Maldini was the best defender that I've seen playing. And for all that he did, for me he's the best ever next to the genius Zidane. He was something extraordinary and he wasn't a scorer.

:yes:

He obviously meant Zola ^_^

B)

HE got in the right position as he often does ...thats not luck thats a strikers instinct

Agreed, obv there was a touch of luck there, but if he wasnt in the right position, he wouldnt have scored. I think he played fairly well today, no-one was particularly outstanding out of our front 3, they just had their moments, and this was Kalou's :) and the free kick leading up to it was Drogba's haha :)