People prasing Kalou today

Shane

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Opinions obviously don't count for much here. At the end of the day, Kalou is like an Everton, Villa, Birmingham level player. He scores against shit teams or when we're already 2-0 or 3-0 up. In the big matches he has absolutely no impact at all. He scored a couple of important goals, 1-1 home to man utd (4 yards out free header from shocking defending) and at the san siro against inter (Taxi for Cesar) but he's clearly and consistently not good enough for us and doesn't bring much to the team when its needed. Oh and he scored 2 virtual open goals against Wigan too, come on....

He's NOT world class, his finishing is shocking and he's not going to get any better.

Fucking hell lads. I just read through these 4 pages this is another bullshit thread. All too often it seems instead of having healthy debates about chelsea related things people are turning it into personal bitch-fests. It's sad. This is barely even a Chelsea forum anymore.

Wow we have a fortuneteller here...

You don't need to sarcastically talk about me, i'm talking about kalou, no spam, on topic, my opinion so keep your silly comments in your head instead of trying to be funny.

People have some very high expectations off Kalou.

He is a back up to Anelka and Drogba FFS. He isnt a striker who will lead our attack in a Champions League Final.

When I look at Striker/Wingers at other clubs Kalou is most productive than all of them.

Kalou > Nani

Kalou>Walcott

Kalou> Kuyt.

Be satisfied with what he gives from bench without complaining too much.

What? :mellow:

Just because you are Portuguese and Nani plays for your national team doesnt make him >>> Kalou.

Kalou scored 43 goals and 33 assists in 175 games.

Nani 18 goals and 23 assists in 110 games.

Thats 65 games 25 goals and 10 assists lesser than Kalou.

Both are Winger/Strikers and Nani starts more games than Kalou does.

You don't need to sarcastically talk about me, i'm talking about kalou, no spam, on topic, my opinion so keep your silly comments in your head instead of trying to be funny.

I'm not trying to be funny, ffs SO YOU KNOW KALOU WILL NOT GET BETTER?

Wait and see, FOR NOW he's an excellent squad player so why are you all moaning?

I don't particularly rate Kalou as a footballer. He doesn't have much technique, skill, strength or speed. His best quality in my opinion is that he is often in the right place at the right time which is how he scores many of his goals.

It can be argued that if we had a better 3rd choice striker at the club we may have had more success in the last 2-3. Kalou is OK for now but he is 25 and I feel this is his best and it's definitely not good enough to be a starter.

I believe Sturridge shows a lot more potential at a much younger age; he has better control, speed, shot and technique but his problem is he is very injury prone.

I don't particularly rate Kalou as a footballer. He doesn't have much technique, skill, strength or speed. His best quality in my opinion is that he is often in the right place at the right time which is how he scores many of his goals.

It can be argued that if we had a better 3rd choice striker at the club we may have had more success in the last 2-3. Kalou is OK for now but he is 25 and I feel this is his best and it's definitely not good enough to be a starter.

I believe Sturridge shows a lot more potential at a much younger age; he has better control, speed, shot and technique but his problem is he is very injury prone.

Kalou certainly has speed ...and is always willing to attempt to go past players ...this naturally means at times he will lose the ball ,,you concede

that he often gets into the right position ,,,that alone gives him great value .. as an impact sub he serves us well in my opinion.

Kalou certainly has speed ...and is always willing to attempt to go past players ...this naturally means at times he will lose the ball ,,you concede

that he often gets into the right position ,,,that alone gives him great value .. as an impact sub he serves us well in my opinion.

I disagree strongly with that. He is willing to attempt going past players because, in my opinion, once he's finally controlled the ball and looked up all his options are closed. He has a poor first touch which is his biggest problem. As an impact sub he is OK, but many of his goals are scored when the game has been killed. He scored his first League goal at the end of March last season (the 6th goal against Villa), as our 3rd choice striker and first reserve if Drogba/Anelka//Malouda are injured that isn't good enough. He had a good end to the season but was very much a peripheral figure for most of it.

I support Kalou and will him to do well because he is a Chelsea player but I will speak honestly on all of our players. Can the club do better? Yes. But the fact he's happy to earn relatively low wages and be a squad player works in his favour.

I disagree strongly with that. He is willing to attempt going past players because, in my opinion, once he's finally controlled the ball and looked up all his options are closed. He has a poor first touch which is his biggest problem. As an impact sub he is OK, but many of his goals are scored when the game has been killed. He scored his first League goal at the end of March last season (the 6th goal against Villa), as our 3rd choice striker and first reserve if Drogba/Anelka//Malouda are injured that isn't good enough. He had a good end to the season but was very much a peripheral figure for most of it.

I support Kalou and will him to do well because he is a Chelsea player but I will speak honestly on all of our players. Can the club do better? Yes. But the fact he's happy to earn relatively low wages and be a squad player works in his favour.

check out 3rd and 4th strikers at other clubs ....you are entitled to your opinion of course but a number of our managers have seemed satisfied

with him

check out 3rd and 4th strikers at other clubs ....you are entitled to your opinion of course but a number of our managers have seemed satisfied

with him

He was highly rated by the Dutch contingent (Arnesen/Piet De Visser) at the club and was forced on Mourinho. He wasn't a Mourinho player just like Bholarouz and countless others weren't.

Mourinho in 2006 only had Drogba, Shevchenko and Kalou as strikers. Sheva was a disaster and Kalou was the only alternative. Scolari certainly didn't fancy him from what I remember. Anelka, Drogba and Malouda last season were played to exhaustion because the options on the bench simply weren't good enough (Joe Cole/Kalou) or not trusted to play (Sturridge).

He was highly rated by the Dutch contingent (Arnesen/Piet De Visser) at the club and was forced on Mourinho. He wasn't a Mourinho player just like Bholarouz and countless others weren't.

Mourinho in 2006 only had Drogba, Shevchenko and Kalou as strikers. Sheva was a disaster and Kalou was the only alternative. Scolari certainly didn't fancy him from what I remember. Anelka, Drogba and Malouda last season were played to exhaustion because the options on the bench simply weren't good enough (Joe Cole/Kalou) or not trusted to play (Sturridge).

you seem so sure of our managers opinions ,,,I can just look at stats Kalou 116 games 27 goals ,,,not shabby for a sub

Sturridge 35 games 6 goals .....

I am not denying Dannys promise just not accepting YOUR opinion of an International player

A man talking sense :clap:

you seem so sure of our managers opinions ,,,I can just look at stats Kalou 116 games 27 goals ,,,not shabby for a sub

Sturridge 35 games 6 goals .....

I am not denying Dannys promise just not accepting YOUR opinion of an International player

LOL. Where did u get Danny's stats from?

In Chelsea he has 20 games and 5 goals which isn't bad for player who gets 5-10 minutes and when he played full time in FA Cup he had 4 goals out of 4 games.