Hip Hop discussion

Aria

@Yeboii,

That's not really relevant to me though. I've never been one who's felt the need to prove himself to others. :rolleyes:

Me neither but however, if you are gonna make a claim like that (being a 15 year old and denying a world famous rapper to be on a song with you) you better back it up with some proof.

Checking out Freddie Gibbs right now because I dug that track with Madlib...he's good.

He sounds like one of those 'real' street rappers doesn't he? He would have thrived in the 90's!

Whoever figures out which song this Kendrick Lamar line is from (before his 2 albums) wins a prize: "It's rude to ask a woman her age but in this day & age it's a necessity; 15 year old girls acting and looking 23."

Kendrick Lamar "Feels Good" To Be Named "Hottest MC" By MTV

I know MTV is no longer the same, and a mainstream channel/entity but i found it surprising they acknowledged him. I was pretty sure it was gonna be 2 chainz at number one. And rick ross at 2 but they moved 2 chainz to number 2. (round of applause) and stuck K-Dot at top. He's getting the recognition not only lyrically but also on the mainstream level. Hopefully this shows that people like Joey Bada$$, B.I.G K.R.I.T, etc. etc. that they don;t have to dumb-down their music.

http://www.mtv.com/videos/news/886380/kendrick-lamar-strived-to-get-on-hottest-mcs-list.jhtml#id=1702689

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.23129/title.kendrick-lamar-feels-good-to-be-named-hottest-mc-by-mtv

Weed is becoming increasingly irrelevant in rap, now the likes of Kendrick Lamar (GOAT), J. Cole, Lupe Fiasco & Tyler The creator etc don't smoke.

It's all about Hookah now!

>>>>

I don't see anything positive about hookahs either. But that's just my opinion.

Jay Rock. Next best artist out of the Black Hippy group IMO. Hopefully K-Dot can help get him some exposure because his music is just soooooo nice. Loved his album "Take Me Home". Had an argument with my pal the other day and i was tellin him not only is Jay Rock the 2nd best but the next artist to most likely break out. His music is amazing to "bump to", for those teens (including myself I admit) that love those hard-knocking beats but he still has a lyricism to his songs.

220px-Follow_Me_Home.jpg

Enjoy these guys before they blow up. Canadian duo. The freshest shit I've heard in years, bar Kendrick. They're not 'rappers' as such - it's like 1 rapper & 1 singer I believe; and it's electronic-hip-pop I guess you could call it. But no doubt they'll be big, even if it's just as 1-hit wonders.

http://theairplaneboys.com/