Hip Hop discussion

Aria

The song "Insane" is just... Insane. Despite being perhaps 'gross', it's honestly a piece of art.

I dont like the beat and rythim it has, does not go with the lyrics, should have been more uptight.

(No idea why I'm posting so much, but anyway...)

I knew this guy waaay before he blew up. Around 4/5 years ago now. He's now worked with Bun B, Fat Joe, Joe Budden and rumour is he's working with Wiz Khalifa.

I personally don't like his music, but it's impressive how much he's done 'on his own'.

His progression is crazy. This is him at 14:

And now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxlQugs7XW4

Ever since Leaf ignored/or wasn't part of the 'good kid, m.A.A.d city' hysteria in this thread, I've taken every opinion he has on rap with a pinch of salt.

Some people just don't 'get it'

1tr31f.png

I just don't like to hop on someone's dick because they've blown up like sooo many people are doing with Kendrick. There's many rappers out there doing what he does, in a similar way, at the same level of quality. They simply haven't had the platforms Kendrick has had. I prefer to listen to them as their songs aren't being jizzed on by everyone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ_lrjuUJ_A

I can't wait for Pusha's mixtape to come out, incredible artist. Hard to imagine the caliber of success he'd have after going solo, but what a move it was! Wale was annoying as ever, could've done much better with such an incredible beat. Smh.

I just don't like to hop on someone's dick because they've blown up like sooo many people are doing with Kendrick. There's many rappers out there doing what he does, in a similar way, at the same level of quality. They simply haven't had the platforms Kendrick has had. I prefer to listen to them as their songs aren't being jizzed on by everyone.

Lol, it doesn't make you a hipster liking the same music that a majority of people also like?

Lol, it doesn't make you a hipster liking the same music that a majority of people also like?

I don't like him anyway, nor do I dislike him. I downloaded his album, listened to some other tracks, but that's it. I don't have this 'love' for Kendrick that so many have. I don't understand why I should have joined in for a cum fest over a rapper to make my opinions on other artists have more validity.

I don't like him anyway, nor do I dislike him. I downloaded his album, listened to some other tracks, but that's it. I don't have this 'love' for Kendrick that so many have. I don't understand why I should have joined in for a cum fest over a rapper to make my opinions on other artists have more validity.

If you had any passion for Hip Hop you would understand why people feel the way they do about 'good kid, m.A.A.d city'. Why it's been hailed as a classic debut album, and why even the most hard nosed critics were raving about it.

If you had any passion for Hip Hop you would understand why people feel the way they do about 'good kid, m.A.A.d city'. Why it's been hailed as a classic debut album, and why even the most hard nosed critics were raving about it.

Oh no, I don't disagree at all there. It's one of the best albums made in hip-hop - ever. And while I appreciate the fact that he's an incredible artist, my taste is just more 'weird' stuff (like my odd personality) and I just have a romance for artists who aren't well known yet. Or, as well known.

Rick Ross has crashed his Rolls Royce into a building after a drive-by shooting.

Edit: After thinking some more, it'd make sense this could have been a publicity stunt.

I agree.but also how the hell do you miss the nigga also!?!? he's huge!

in other news,, damn i havent posted here in a while but here are some songs been listening to as of late.

This guys Dessy Hinds is really nice, part of the ProEra crew from Brooklyn NY. They'have these 90's flow and beat to their music. Really like them and they arent huge yet but on their edge right now of being noticed big time.. (the main leader and 'better' rapper Joey Bada$$ is also top notch also.)

Dessy Hinds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Tom3tWzEgvM

Joey Bada$$

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=V4xYGFc9Yw4