Hip Hop discussion

Aria

Ok so I have recently found that there is a rap group based in my part of city. They seem to be novices, but I quite like what they do.

Anyway, this isn't exactly Wu-Tang, but I thought I'd just represent my "hood" :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVJO4g9mJjg

Kendrick Lamar dropped 'Cartoon & Cereal' today, it was trending worldwide on twitter..

This is what the future of rap sounds like, an abundance of creativity & energy from Kendrick. I got chills at first listen, the concept is crazy, it's like a movie...

Lyrics: http://rapgenius.com...d-cereal-lyrics

Kendrick Lamar dropped 'Cartoon & Cereal' today, it was trending worldwide on twitter..

This is what the future of rap sounds like, an abundance of creativity & energy from Kendrick. I got chills at first listen, the concept is crazy, it's like a movie...

Lyrics: http://rapgenius.com...d-cereal-lyrics

This boy is a genius. Nothing more to be said than that.

This boy is a genius. Nothing more to be said than that.

Indeed, it's scary how (even at this stage) he blows everyone out the water. The official video for 'The City' feat Game will be released this week too btw. His fan base is growing tenfold, trending worldwide when this dropped, the Drake affiliations have also helped. Most of all though.. he is staying true to his sound/identity.

best rap song ever.

Close, but Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five's classic is better IMO.

With regards to the future of rap, all I hope for is an end to this gangsta shit. That was cool 20 years ago, when it was a new sound. Now it's cliched, and now that the crack epidemic is over, is far more likely to be made up. This Kendrick Lamar seems quite a good prospect.

Indeed, it's scary how (even at this stage) he blows everyone out the water. The official video for 'The City' feat Game will be released this week too btw. His fan base is growing tenfold, trending worldwide when this dropped, the Drake affiliations have also helped. Most of all though.. he is staying true to his sound/identity.

The dynamics of that tune are brilliant and unique. That's what's great about him. Where J. Cole has rejuvenated the art of story-telling, Lamar's also used that but his similes and metaphors are fantastic, hidden meanings and all. He should be studied in college literature, not even lying! Rap Genius must have a field day when they decipher his world play. Section 80 was incredible and his official album will be massive when it drops.

Game, Drake, Cole, all these guys have helped Lamar in a great way. Which is good to see, expected it from Game, but it was very surprising off Drake, especially the amount he gave him.. Props to him.

I'm surprised people here like Drake.

Since YMCM I don't. His past mixtapes before that were very good. I honestly hated Take Care, the only thing I will commend about him is him giving Kendrick Lamar a part on that album.

Drake's talented. But his arrogance & RnB attitude killed him in my eyes.