Hip Hop discussion

Aria

Indeed, Kendrick has stressed on numerous occasions that he will be working with the same producers from Section 80. He's also stated many times that he's held back various stories/subject matter for the album.

So he certainly won't be doing a J. Cole and releasing a record like 'Work Out' or ‘Can’t get enough‘, lmao. The warm up & Friday night lights are two of my favourite mixtapes of all time. Sideline story however, was not what it should have been. Don’t get me wrong, it had quality. I still play tracks like Rise & Shine etc, but the album ‘in it’s entirety’ was heavily influenced by Jay-Z.

Real talk. J. Cole's album was disappointing, his attempt at 'chart tracks' were horrible. Anyone who knew his previous work could hear his uncomfortable nature in those songs, it was very evident in 'Can't Get Enough'. He did do it in a way, though, that kept his own distinctive style but it was still heavily cut and chopped in a way that was unrecognisable at times. Still rate him highly, so hopefully he'll release more mixtapes to keep both sides of his fans happy.

Kendrick is a different artists from both Drake & Cole. He proved it when Drake gave him that interlude, a quick glance through RapGenius and it was evident Kenrick made a point that he would never take that path. He indicated he was attracted to the life style, but it was also a criticque at the style Drake abandoned when he joined Young Money.

Indeed, Kendrick has stressed on numerous occasions that he will be working with the same producers from Section 80. He's also stated many times that he's held back various stories/subject matter for the album.

So he certainly won't be doing a J. Cole and releasing a record like 'Work Out' or ‘Can’t get enough‘, lmao. The warm up & Friday night lights are two of my favourite mixtapes of all time. Sideline story however, was not what it should have been. Don’t get me wrong, it had quality. I still play tracks like Rise & Shine etc, but the album ‘in it’s entirety’ was heavily influenced by Jay-Z.

Agree with this tottaly. It's because of label and Jay-Z. I hope he will get lot more freedom in 2nd album.

Also K-Dot will be a game changer, but I also said that for Cole's album so...

I like how he sampled that Lissie Kid Cudi cover on 'Hands on the wheel' featuring ASAP Rocky. A few other dope tracks on here too, including 'There He Go' which also samples that kid Cudi cover, if i'm not mistaken. Sacrilegious & Blessed featuring Kendrick are dope too, this album is better than his last effort 'Setbacks' which was forgettable.

I still rate Ab-Soul above Schoolboy in black hippy though.

I don't know about any of you, but I really hate G-Funk and West Coast Gangsta Rap. Ain't Nuthin' But A G' Thang was catchy as all hell, but that is where I draw the line.

This is basically all the Hip Hop/Rap I listen to:

Beastie Boys

Eminem - Well his first three albums, before all of his songs became exactly the same.

Kanye West

Jay Z

AraabMUZIK

I don't mind Kool Keith too. Maybe I'm missing out on some true gold.