The Pub - Discuss Anything

Manuf

THIS DUDE IS AMAZING... http://olivierdobrasil.blogspot.com.br

He is a French guy who lives in Brazil for a long time. He has a blog where he posts something about Brazilian Lifestyle every so often. Here are some of the hundreds of observations he made...

Here in Brazil, the year begins "after the Carnival."

I have said this already! :P

Here in Brazil everything is gay (or 'viado'). Drinking tea: is gay. Request a coca zero: is gay. Play Volleyball: is gay. Drinking wine: is gay. Not liking football: is gay. Being French: gay, being Gaucho: gay, be Mineiro: gay. Pay attention to how to dress: is gay. Not to mention something is gay: is also gay.

LOOOOOL, weird but true!

Here in Brazil, salty food is very salty and sweet food is very sweet. Even food is too much food.

A bit of exageration, but he is French, so I understand.

Here in Brazil, men hug each other a lot. But it's not just a hug: embraces, touches the shoulders, stomach or back. But never kisses. This is also gay.

Unfortunately it is true! <_<

Here in Brazil, they use the thumbs-up signal for all: "Okay?", "Thank you", "sorry."

Never ever made that observation...Also true! :)

Here in Brazil, they have a strange way of speaking some common things. For example, when you find someone, you can say "good morning" but also say "there?". There, where? Seems an aborted phrase. A correct answer to the common "thank you" is "imagine". Imagine what? Maybe I am the one who lacks imagination.

Asshole, be cool and ignore the meaning!

Part 2:

Here in Brazil, when you have something to say, it is good to notice that you are going to speak before speaking. So: "I'll tell you something", "let me tell you something", "is this", and even my favorite: "look, for you to see." Thanks for letting me know, I had almost forgotten that I had eyes.

OMFG, this is true and I do it very often. Hahahahaha!

Here in Brazil, relationships are coded and each step has a label: peguete, signifier, girlfriend, fiancee, wife, (ex-wife, etc...). Love with labels.

Way better than having to work for months to get a kiss or whatever. If you want to kiss and make up, there are "labels" before the "girlfriend status".

Here in Brazil, when meeting with a person, you say: "Beleza?" And the answer may be "Jóia". Translating into another language, it seems that it makes little sense, or a dialogue between the Dalai Lama and his disciple. For example in English: "The beauty? - The Joy". Like a duel of philosophical abstract concepts.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Here in Brazil, the food is rice, beans and something else.

Usually meat, but yeah!

Here in Brazil, you can order pizza half a flavor and half of another. Simple and ingenious idea.

Please tell me you can do this in UK. I will die if not possible...

Here in Brazil, the people are very receptive. And naturally embrace someone new in their group of friends. That makes the biggest difference in the world. Thank Brazilians.

My heart melts! :wub:

Here in Brazil, the Brazilians believe little in Brazil. Things can not operate fully or go right, because here, it is Brazil. There's a general feeling of inferiority that is striking. Mainly about the United States. Awaiting for the day when Brazil will open their eyes.

Me too!

Part 2:

OMFG, this is true and I do it very often. Hahahahaha!

Way better than having to work for months to get a kiss or whatever. If you want to kiss and make up, there are "labels" before the "girlfriend status".

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Usually meat, but yeah!

Please tell me you can do this in UK. I will die if not possible...

My heart melts! :wub:

Me too!

Don't worry :D

49b3d2019c4503752ddc87c038783a07.png?136

8.45 last night people knocking on the f.ucking door for not only cancer research but loft insulation, make my piss boil these people.

Trying to get the kids to sleep and they are braying on the door.....Tossers.

Good thing you weren't having sex :Goober:

I've been studying for hours now thanks to Vyvanse. Are study drugs popular anywhere else in the world? They're huge at the universities in the States.

Unless, you have a prescription it is illegal in the US, too. .Vyvanse is a controlled substance and should not be taken unless you are under a doctors supervision. It is an ADHD medication and contains amphetamines, if you are taking it to keep you awake and going then you do not need it.

In China, any drug containing amphetamines, barbiturates, opiates, etc. can only be prescribed for 3 days at a time.

@Romper: we can order pizza that are 1/2 one thing and 1/2 another in the US and some places in China.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Armed robbery in the bookies opposite my house. They fired a sawn off shot gun at the woman that works there, but missed. Police everywhere.

....its grim up north

Is everything alright mate?

@Romper: we can order pizza that are 1/2 one thing and 1/2 another in the US and some places in China.

I thought this was the most common thing on Earth until that guy posted we only do it in Brazil. I guess this is more of a shocker to the French...

I thought this was the most common thing on Earth until that guy posted we only do it in Brazil. I guess this is more of a shocker to the French...

He probably never tried to ask for his pizza that way before he saw some else do it... He said it one of his posts that he lacks imagination.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I've been studying for hours now thanks to Vyvanse. Are study drugs popular anywhere else in the world? They're huge at the universities in the States.

Id stay off amfetamines, man. They tend to backfire in the long run. The only thing that works for real (a bit) is piracetam. A nootropic drug that enhances cognitive abilities and memory. You need to take it for a while to kick in. Doctors precribe it for dementia and alzheimer or to cure the cognitive degenaration of alcoholics. Also, it is neither addictive nor has it side effects. I think it is awesome for studying, makes me remember everything much better. :-)

I dont know the brand name where you are from though ....

Id stay off amfetamines, man. They tend to backfire in the long run. The only thing that works for real (a bit) is piracetam. A nootropic drug that enhances cognitive abilities and memory. You need to take it for a while to kick in. Doctors precribe it for dementia and alzheimer or to cure the cognitive degenaration of alcoholics. Also, it is neither addictive nor has it side effects. I think it is awesome for studying, makes me remember everything much better. :-)

I dont know the brand name where you are from though ....

No worries, I take them a few times a year around finals week.