The Pub - Discuss Anything

Manuf

• 2 weeks later...

Lol, apparently Platini wants to create his own (for the Uefa I mean) Ballon d'Or - which would only reward european footballers.

LOL didn't they already have that 2 or 3 years ago? Then they merged it with the World Player of the Year to create the Ballon d'Or.

LOL didn't they already have that 2 or 3 years ago? Then they merged it with the World Player of the Year to create the Ballon d'Or.

As far as I know, no.

But in june 2010, the 'Ballon d'Or France Football' have been merged with the 'Fifa World PLayer of the Year', and it's become 'Fifa Ballon d'Or'.

By the way, according to the rumors, Platini wants to do that because he is unhappy that Messi won the Ballon d'Or and because he disapproves the way they (the Fifa) choose the winner.

As far as I know, no.

But in june 2010, the 'Ballon d'Or France Football' have been merged with the 'Fifa World PLayer of the Year', and it's become 'Fifa Ballon d'Or'.

By the way, according to the rumors, Platini wants to do that because he is unhappy that Messi won the Ballon d'Or and because he disapproves the way they (the Fifa) choose the winner.

Ah okay.. I thought there used to be one.

:lol: that's funny because we're all unhappy how Ashley Cole was snubbed over the World XI. What was he expecting? Messi was the best footballer of 2010 - A European one would mean nothing in retrospect to the World one. Stupid man.

Afaik the original Ballon d'Or was awarded only to European footballers, that's why Maradona never won it.

Yeah, untill 1995 it ran like that. Then, from 1995 to 2007 it was given to all nationalities, as long as the player was playing for an European club. It's just since 2007 that everybody can be rewarded.

Yeah, untill 1995 it ran like that. Then, from 1995 to 2007 it was given to all nationalities, as long as the player was playing for an European club. It's just since 2007 that everybody can be rewarded.

Ah, that's what I got confused about!

Suarez will move if an offer comes.

I don't really get hyped over Dutch players who do well there, then flop upon a move. £20million is the suggested figure, I kind of want Chelsea to take the risk.

What do you guys think? (Disregarding his action at the World Cup - Which I'm sure Essien will have a word with him over :lol: )

Suarez will move if an offer comes.

I don't really get hyped over Dutch players who do well there, then flop upon a move. £20million is the suggested figure, I kind of want Chelsea to take the risk.

What do you guys think? (Disregarding his action at the World Cup - Which I'm sure Essien will have a word with him over :lol: )

Not really a player I'd want. He has an amazing goals to game ratio, but so did Kezman. If we're going to spend £20 million on a striker give me Lukaku.