The Pub - Discuss Anything

Manuf

Yep, I'd like to see Chelsea use it one day. Luiz as a striker anyone? :D

He mentions possesion and Spain there, how other teams made them look boring, but that isn't true.

I watched their frendly against Columbia. Man that was boring. They made Villa and then Torres look very bad. They didn't make any clear chances and left those two alone up there.

Only when Silva, Mata, Llorente came in they looked better.

It's from the Daily Mail... So make what you want with it.

Chelsea's Abramovich targets Arsenal's new chief scout after bagging Torres and Luiz

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich is continuing his regeneration of the club following the £75million signing of Fernando Torres and David Luiz by trying to poach Arsenal's chief scout Steve Rowley.

And Dutch legend Marco van Basten is also being considered as a potential replacement if manager Carlo Ancelotti is sacked at the end of the season.

But it is Chelsea's pursuit of Rowley, responsible for a string of signings, including Cesc Fabregas, Robin van Persie and Thomas Vermaelen, which will alarm their London rivals.

Rowley's record is unparalleled in England, with a string of young players joining Arsene Wenger's side after being recommended by his scouting network.

Players such as Alex Song Wojciech Szczesny, Bacary Sagna and Gael Clichy were all unearthed as youngsters and signed for small amounts.

Chelsea now want Rowley to do the same job for them after director of football Frank Arnesen leaves in the summer. Stamford Bridge is undergoing something of a revolution since Abramovich took a direct interest again with the big Torres and Luiz deals.

Van Basten is a leading candidate to take over if Chelsea's indifferent form continues. They travel to neighbours Fulham tomorrow, needing a victory to maintain their position as Champions League qualifiers.

Van Basten, one of the greatest strikers ever then Holland's coach at the 2006 World Cup and Euro 2008, put himself in the frame by declaring his readiness to return after a two-year break since quitting Ajax.

He said: 'I am thinking about a nice big club abroad. It's logical for me.

'I have been manager of the national team and Ajax and once you've done those jobs it's awkward to manage another club in Holland.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz1DpZwGPzd

Total Football is a very under-rated system!

Especially at our club.

I'd love our next manager to be all about pass and move,maybe get rid of Drogs so we're not lumping it up to a big target man anymore.

I want quick ,clever,technical players.

Especially at our club.

I'd love our next manager to be all about pass and move,maybe get rid of Drogs so we're not lumping it up to a big target man anymore.

I want quick ,clever,technical players.

Your second and your third line contradict each other. :D

Only when Silva, Mata, Llorente came in they looked better.

Just on that, Silva has been very impressive in the Premier League for me. He's been on of City's most crucial players, just like he did at Valencia for David Villa, he's becoming a crucial part of Tevez's success at City. We really should've moved for him when he expressed his desire to play for us.

Yeah read that, wouldn't be too bad. Van Persie, Fabregas, Gibbs ect.

Just on that, Silva has been very impressive in the Premier League for me. He's been on of City's most crucial players, just like he did at Valencia for David Villa, he's becoming a crucial part of Tevez's success at City. We really should've moved for him when he expressed his desire to play for us.

Yes we should have.

I wanted to add something on Xavi and his Barca. Last night's game was great. They were clueless, Gijon defended well and were soo unlucky not to score another one on great counter attacks. Some of them were beautiful, they managed to go past Barca players with great technical abilities. Hercules made them look stupid too.

I think that Xavi is exaggerating a little bit with how fast his game is. I saw him many times how he walks with the ball while he is searching for the pass. His passing is great but he isn't that fast as he wants to make himself with those bam bam bam bams. That reminds me of this guy.

:D

I think that Xavi is exaggerating a little bit with how fast his game is. I saw him many times how he walks with the ball while he is searching for the pass. His passing is great but he isn't that fast as he wants to make himself with those bam bam bam bams. That reminds me of this guy.

LOL brilliant!

And I think you're right about him exaggerating the quick pace, but remember, Xavi's role is that of a quick one. He has Messi, Villa & Iniesta for that. Xavi's like that silent assassin waiting on the roof tops for his opportunity. He's like a more attacking version of Maka, who keeps the line between defence and attack in harmony. Xabi Alonso does the same for Real Madrid & to use an example from here, Fletcher/Scholes does it for Man United.

• 2 weeks later...

Any comments on my current avatar guys? I'm not one to change such stuff often so I'd like to get the one based on this photo spot on.

Well done for getting the camera man in the b/g out the way. Concept simple, yet effective. Nice job!