The Pub - Discuss Anything

Manuf

I don't really get hyped over Dutch players who do well there, then flop upon a move. £20million is the suggested figure, I kind of want Chelsea to take the risk.

Sorry but ... fainthv9.gif

Ronaldo, Romario, Bergkamp, Ruud van, the Laudrups, Hyypia, Ibrahimovic, Klaas Jan Huntelaar ... and ofcourse, this guy -

kalou_633568137245937500.jpg

The talk about Eredivisie players not doing well in other leagues is a myth, just like when people classify the EPL as physical, La Liga as technical and Serie A as tactical.

But on topic (seems weird to say in a thread titled 'Off Topic' laugh.gif)

I'd fancy Suarez for about 10-12 million max.

Sorry but ... fainthv9.gif

Ronaldo, Romario, Bergkamp, Ruud van, the Laudrups, Hyypia, Ibrahimovic, Klaas Jan Huntelaar ... and ofcourse, this guy -

Huntelaar wasn't great - At Real and Milan he didn't take his chances. Not sure how he's doing for Shalke now though. Kalou :lol: . Robben was late to flourish, only really found his touch for Bayern (fair enough he was injured though)

As for the rest, fair do's ;)

Huntelaar failed at Real Madrid and AC Milan. He's doing ok in Germany tho.

Kezman's career died as soon as he came to us.

Kalou is shite

Babel hasn't done much

Kuyt hasn't been consistent or that good tbh.

May have been more but to be honest, people flop from everywhere, not just Holland lol. The general consensus is that Kezman failed and they use that example every time. Then Huntelaar went to Madrid and same story.

Edited by OllieCFC

You could argue Huntelaar never got enough chances at Real or Milan. Same with Babel. Kuyt's never been played where he belongs - up top. Kezman - fair enough (and the Kalou part was a joke :D)

People always bring up Alfonso Alves in this debate. But the point is, people from every league fail in other leagues. I don't remember too many Englishmen who set the world alight outside England - which is surprising considering how the media thinks EPL is the best and the others are shite. Owen, Beckham, Woodgate, McManaman, Hargreaves, etc.

ooh yeah, Alfonso Alves. I thought he was good tho, was good against Man Utd but was in a crap team.

McManaman was very good for real madrid, as was Owen but they never gave Owen games, like so many of the strikers they've bought in the last decade. Beckham was good for Real and AC Milan too really, he was key in Real Madrids title winning season when Capello finally played him. At AC, he was getting old to be fair. Wooodgate, never really played and got injuries (no shock there). Hargreaves started in Germany and he was very good for Bayern. They liked him there.

Our players very rarely go abroad which is strange but also there's only about 2 or 3 italians and spaniards in the prem which is also weird.

Edited by OllieCFC

Suarez will move if an offer comes.

I don't really get hyped over Dutch players who do well there, then flop upon a move. £20million is the suggested figure, I kind of want Chelsea to take the risk.

What do you guys think? (Disregarding his action at the World Cup - Which I'm sure Essien will have a word with him over :lol: )

Would rather Begovic, 20m is too much for a keeper that will be a back-up to Cech.