The Pub - Discuss Anything

Manuf

Being offensive to people behind their back is a huge part of comedy that is accepted by society. There are thousands of TV shows just to make fun of politicians and celebrities and even random people often. While if those people were on the shows, the general opinion is that it would not be funny anymore but just mean.. Whether that is morally wrong or right is a discussion for another thread.

What kind of society are you talking about? In some parts of the world it is accepted to discriminate or persecute people for whatever reasons that aren't socially accepted, do you accept that? In North Korea if you make fun of your political leaders, you will get severely punished or killed. So are you using a social example that fits your argument while casually neglecting the notion of common decency and moral ethics, basically establishing the "others do it, why can't I?" habit of action. Which, may I add, is a huge reason why the society in general has become this cynical and hypocritical bubble we live in today.

FYI in many developed countries such words can be legally interpreted as humiliating, degrading and mental violence, actions for which in many societies a person can be held accountable in a court of law. Come back when you own a comedy show and have all the legal grounds to do so. Meanwhile just accept that your criticism towards me reeked of double standards.

EDIT: One more point I would like to make. Look, there is a difference between parodying people and straight up insulting and disrespecting them. The comedy shows you talk about mostly do just that - parody, while remaining respectful. The kind of comedies that simply takes a human being and stamps it to dirt, well, they may sound funny to you until you yourself become a subject of ridicule. Only bitter and miserable scum genuinely enjoy them.

Think about it, how would you feel if you found out that there is a whole thread dedicated to you in a forum, where its only purpose is to see how creatively people can mock your appearance. Would you think "well, this fucked up society enjoys it, so I better dig my head into the sand and take it from behind like a proper bitch."?

Oh honey those are just booblets keep dreaming

Seriously, wouldn't it be awesome if men (still) had tits?! We'd be so much more cuddly if we did. Seriously, it's not fair, you females get all the cool stuff :(

If you had them they would not be so fascinating any longer! LOL I like me men with a firm chest not one like mine!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Say sorry, have a man hug, shake hands and get on with it.

Be a man.

No, fuck that bullshit. I refuse to compromise with that cunt. He is cunt, has always been a cunt and the only thing that will change is that he might have some cunt kids or turn into a bigger cunt. The group was of four members, I spoke with the Tutor and now the group has been split in half. If only it were High School and not University, I could get away with punching his face. I pay to go to this fucking university, I don't pay to get fucked around by some big nosed curly haired cunt.

No, fuck that bullshit. I refuse to compromise with that cunt. He is cunt, has always been a cunt and the only thing that will change is that he might have some cunt kids or turn into a bigger cunt. The group was of four members, I spoke with the Tutor and now the group has been split in half. If only it were High School and not University, I could get away with punching his face. I pay to go to this fucking university, I don't pay to get fucked around by some big nosed curly haired cunt.

You talked to your tutor about this one person, as how far away is the date that you have to hand it in? Not professional if someone is just doing the bare minimum!

You talked to your tutor about this one person, as how far away is the date that you have to hand it in? Not professional if someone is just doing the bare minimum!

A rant:

This guy I'm talking about, doesn't communicate with anyone, goes off and does the assessment by himself and then hands it in saying that I did nothing. I did do a lot of work, but he just ignored it, deleted it and submitted his own work. Then he has the nerve to try and chew me out for doing nothing and that he does all the work, well I had enough of that bullshit, I tell him off, tell him to fuck off and that I'm leaving the group. Whenever people try to confront me, it will always backfire, because I lose my temper so quickly when it happens. I spoke with the tutor and he said it was fine, these things happen, and since the incident occurred myself and my partner have a week to do another piece of assessment, it shouldn't take too long to do. On top of all the other bollocks that's happening in my life right now, I didn't need this little cretin criticising me and making everything more difficult.

The twat doesn't even understand the concept of a groupwork. Everyone pitches in and does a fair share, it doesn't matter if it isn't up to standards of everyone, it's team work.

/rant