The Pub - Discuss Anything

Manuf

I prefer to stay behind the cameras. Am too cool to be presenting in front of the camera and to worldwide audience. :P

That would be this weekend and in midweek.

Good luck mate! Well at least u can make awesome montages and one day when u become CEO of a huge sports channel u won't let idiots become pundits.

If you recognized yourself and got offended somehow - sorry, but that's my opinion. Who are you to tell me if I am wrong or not in my views? Trying to twist and turn my words around isn't going to get you anywhere. You can go all softy and talk about equality but fact is that some things are better done by men, some by women. Men earn more money just because they are men, it is the salary gap between genders that dictates that. In theory men should be stronger than women and that is what I was trying to point out - men are becoming more girly, vain (those tight jeans that make one impotent, different accessories, cosmetics, lack of readiness to take responsibility). Common logic says that men and women can't be equal in every front. But Amels, you know what? Stick with your theory of 'becoming stupid and ignorant' and lets leave it like that.

Edit: The initial post was meant to BluesChick, who appreciated the comment. So why are you trying to cause havoc by intervening? This is a topic for a possible nuclear attack not a place to spread hippy talk about everyone and everything being equal.

Not at all, but it seems you are pissed.

I'm not denying the fact that men are better suited for some works, same story with women. However, it's plain ridiculous to claim that men should be the providers of their families. Why can't a family be a matriarchy?

So yes, if that's your opinion then you should remind yourself of in which century we are living (you might wanna read one of Simone de Beauvoir's works).

If it's "hippie talk" to stand up against stuff like patriarchal structures in our society then I'm proud to be a fucking hippie.

You're like a puppy with a bone and can't let go. I don't know - why can't a woman be a provider for a family (wife, husband, kids)? I think she can, but it means she must be very good at what she does and have luck to compensate the roughly 30% salary gap between men and women. Also pregnancy and leave from work to be with her newborn are slimming her chances of having a steady progress on the career ladder. So no, it is not my opinion, just being a realist not a romantic.

LOL at the first phrase! :lol:

I totally get what you are saying and although I can see Amels' point of view, you are being way more realistic then the hipster.

Most women that thrive in their careers fail in their personal life. There are a lot of statistics and studies explaining why, so I wont bore you two to death...

This is only my two cents: women can provide for the family but it is way more complicated for them to do so!

LOL at the first phrase! :lol:

I totally get what you are saying and although I can see Amels' point of view, you are being way more realistic then the hipster.

Most women that thrive in their careers fail in their personal life. There are a lot of statistics and studies explaining why, so I wont bore you two to death...

This is only my two cents: women can provide for the family but it is way more complicated for them to do so!

Exactly and it's not because they're not capable of doing so, it's because of the society, salary gap and pure physiology of sexes... Mind you, there's always exceptions but rule of thumb is man usually makes more money and is physically stronger thus the feeling of protection

Exactly and it's not because they're not capable of doing so, it's because of the society, salary gap and pure physiology of sexes... Mind you, there's always exceptions but rule of thumb is man usually makes more money and is physically stronger thus the feeling of protection

Absolutely!

On top of that, most men dont accept the women being the dominat partner in the relationship, so most cases fail when the woman tries to play the matriarchal role...

Is that back on?

Anyway the Voice is better.. :delight:

Oi, I don't know what version of voice are you talking bout, but the one with Cristina Aguilera is fricking hot #2hot4bieber *_* #nojudging and I do listen the singers aswell, well sometimes #4realz :rolleyes:

Oi, I don't know what version of voice are you talking bout, but the one with Cristina Aguilera is fricking hot #2hot4bieber *_* #nojudging and I do listen the singers aswell, well sometimes #4realz :rolleyes:

Haha

Nah it's the Uk one with the guy from the Script, Tom Jones, Jessie J and Will.i.am.