The Pub - Discuss Anything

Manuf

YOU ARE FUCKING FOURTEEN. KIDS LIKE YOU ARE CANCER TO SWAGGY GENERATION. NIGGA GET YOUR SHIT STRAIGHT ARIGHT OR I WOULD FUCKING MAKE YOU LISTEN EVERY HEARTMELTING SONG OF BIEBER.

:Goober:

....... aren't these swaggy ppl usually in my age group since my classmates r a bit like that.

Sometimes to become the person we want to be we need to put ourselves in situations that we may not be comfortable in. You want to be that guy this job may be one of the first steps to get you there. Don't try to talk yourself out of it, if you do get the job try it out for a couple months and see what kinds of opportunities you may benefit from.

Amen to this. Very well written. Comfort zone is your worst enemy.

Guys there is nothing wrong with not crying or public ally showing your grief. Grief is an intensely private process and do not let others tell you that you should be crying or angry. My only advice about grief is that you talk about those you lost, it helps you heal and remember them. Most people feel awkward asking you about someone you have lost, I still have people offering me sympathy and apologies over 10 years after I lost 2 sisters and a niece in a car accident. They are shocked that I do not mind talking about what happened.

@Leif (I hope I remember that right) you are not an overly sympathetic person to strangers meaning you do not feel their pain as if it were your own. You are probably more empathetic where you look at what is happen and understand but it does not induce a state of grief in you. (If I remember my Psych 101 terms right). It does not mean you are an uncaring or not a compassionate person but rather the relationship needs to be a stronger or closer one to induce sympathy. Does that make sense?

@Manpe

You can do anything you put your mind to!!! I know it!! Everyone has the fear of failure, but failure is not when you try and do not succeed (or struggle), failure is not trying in the first place. Give it a try, you may find that you are good at it. I hate public speaking and thought I would be an awful teacher but I love it and I am good at it! No one was more surprised than I was!!

Go for it :) you will regret it more if you never try.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Bloody hell, Earthquake here in my house. Epicenter was the Iran and Pakistan border but it was so strong that the tremors were felt till New Delhi.

The magnitude was 8.

40 confirmed dead in Iran. Building damaged here for sure. Woah!!

(I hope I remember that right) you are not an overly sympathetic person to strangers meaning you do not feel their pain as if it were your own. You are probably more empathetic where you look at what is happen and understand but it does not induce a state of grief in you. (If I remember my Psych 101 terms right).

Not empathetic but apathetic. Empathetic is the opposite (able to connect on an emotional level with others) :)

Hardly.

Dude, you wrote a Shakespeare sonnet, shameful!

Camões:

Amor é fogo que arde sem se ver;

É ferida que dói e não se sente;

É um contentamento descontente;

É dor que desatina sem doer.

É um não querer mais que bem querer;

É um andar solitário entre a gente;

É nunca contentar-se de contente;

É um cuidar que se ganha em se perder.

É querer estar preso por vontade

É servir a quem vence o vencedor,

É ter com quem nos mata lealdade.

Mas como causar pode seu favor

Nos corações humanos amizade;

Se tão contrário a si é o mesmo amor?

Dude, you wrote a Shakespeare sonnet, shameful!

Camões:

Amor é fogo que arde sem se ver;

É ferida que dói e não se sente;

É um contentamento descontente;

É dor que desatina sem doer.

É um não querer mais que bem querer;

É um andar solitário entre a gente;

É nunca contentar-se de contente;

É um cuidar que se ganha em se perder.

É querer estar preso por vontade

É servir a quem vence o vencedor,

É ter com quem nos mata lealdade.

Mas como causar pode seu favor

Nos corações humanos amizade;

Se tão contrário a si é o mesmo amor?

You wrote a poem is some disgusting language. Leave. Shakespeare is the most influential writer in history.

You wrote a poem is some disgusting language. Leave. Shakespeare is the most influential writer in history.

Shakespeare was an outstanding plot writer, nothing more!

Italian sonnet came first, is much more difficult and sound better...

Shakespeare was an outstanding plot writer, nothing more!

Italian sonnet came first and is much more difficult and saound better...

Yet it's written in filthy Italian. They've meant nothing to the world since the wall of the Western Roman Empire.

(I hope I remember that right) you are not an overly sympathetic person to strangers meaning you do not feel their pain as if it were your own. You are probably more empathetic where you look at what is happen and understand but it does not induce a state of grief in you. (If I remember my Psych 101 terms right).

Not empathetic but apathetic. Empathetic is the opposite (able to connect on an emotional level with others) :)

No, I did not mean apathy; that would indicate someone who is unable to emotionally connect at all. That was not my interpretation of what he said.

However, I did have my definitions of sympathy and empathy flip flopped.

From the grammarist:

Empathy vs. sympathy

When you understand and feel another’s feelings for yourself, you have empathy. It’s often spoken of as a character attribute that people have to varying degrees. For example, if hearing a tragic news story makes you feel almost as if the story concerns you personally, you have the ability to empathize.

When you sympathize with someone, you have compassion for that person, but you don’t necessarily feel her feelings. For instance, if your feelings toward someone who is experiencing hardship are limited to sympathy, then you might have a sense of regret for that person’s difficulty but are not feeling her feelings as if they’re your own. Meanwhile, sympathy has broader applications that don’t necessarily have to do with one person’s feelings for another. You can sympathize with a cause, for instance, or with a point of view that resonates with you.

http://www.afterpsychotherapy.com/empathy-vs-sympathy/

Bloody hell, Earthquake here in my house. Epicenter was the Iran and Pakistan border but it was so strong that the tremors were felt till New Delhi.

The magnitude was 8.

40 confirmed dead in Iran. Building damaged here for sure. Woah!!

Glad you are okay

Glad you are okay

Thanks. It was much less impactful here when i hear of what happened in Iran. This will be ugly for sure. But i did realise albeit for a minute, how small a human being can be in front of Nature.

That is because you dont know anything besides English. While I can read 4 languages... :halo:

I want to learn 4 langauges so I can understand the cultures better. When I understand the cultures better, it's easier to fit into a crowd. When it's easier to fit into a crowd it's easier to escape...

You don't want to know the type of black ops the government makes me do.

I want to learn 4 langauges so I can understand the cultures better. When I understand the cultures better, it's easier to fit into a crowd. When it's easier to fit into a crowd it's easier to escape...

You don't want to know the type of black ops the government makes me do.

It is never easy to fit into a crowd, there are some traits that only natives carry, even if one learns it for a long time.

For instance, I can tell you are not Brazilian only by looking at you or the way you walk or the clothes you use. Vice-versa!

It is never easy to fit into a crowd, there are some traits that only natives carry, even if one learns it for a long time.

For instance, I can tell you are not Brazilian only by looking at you or the way you walk or the clothes you use. Vice-versa!

You don't know about the things I've seen and done.

The horror.