The Pub - Discuss Anything

Manuf

Ok, I will warn that this will be a rant, but that cant possibly only happen to moi...

Why do some random people come to add us on facebook? I mean, fine, we know each other and all of that, but what is the main reason for you to add me? It is not like you want to know about my life, talk to me or anything like that. Just because you saw me at a fucking party or because you talked to me for 10 min or even because we played football together, it doesn't mean we need to be friends on Facebook or that you need to follow me on Twitter. Does anybody keep hitting friend request every time they see a familiar face? Because that doesn't seem to be a smart thing to do. For me, you all just want to show to mommy how cool you look because you have many friends and a shit amount of activity in your profile. If you just want to increase the number of friends on any social media, count me out. Have a fucking reason to add the person, geeeez. I very much doubt you talk or want to talk with 3k people. I bet you don't care for 90% of them. This has become the banalization of friendship, absolutely ridiculous.

Also, if I did accept it for pity or because you are dam hot, don't go liking all my photos or status updates. There is a fucking reason why nobody likes my photos or comment on it, it is because I don't fucking enjoy it. If you want to comment on something or you saw me at the beach, at Lollapalooza or whatever, why don't you send me a fucking private message instead? I might be offline, but I will reply, just have patience. Don't go commenting "Foda", "Porra", "Xupa Xelsia", "Gostos", etc. Show some interesting and send me something like: "Hey, how is it going? I saw you on the festival and I wanted to know if you had a great time or not…". This is much more honest and sincere (if they aren't the exact same thing in English). I can bet we will have a much better time than by having this stupid attitude.

More than anything, don't go tagging me in awkward situations. There are serious people who can visit my profile and depending on what they see, I can face serious consequences. I have parents, family, professors and even the dude from my scholarship. I can't have photos of me smoking pot or drinking a full bottle of tequila in there. This is no fun, I don't want to spend the whole day untagging. I don't give a flying fuck about likes or reputation, the people who were there with me know what happened and know we had an amazing time, there is no need to keep posting it on Facebook. More than that, how cool is to take a photo in your bathroom while you are naked, half naked, in a stupid bikini or whatever? Fucking ridiculous. All of that so you can have 300 likes? Awesome, you are the king of likes, congratulations. Above all, if you are a girl doing that kind of shit, please remember you have a father who deserves your respect, to say the least.

Now, way more important than my stupid morale. WHY ON EARTH DO YOU NEED TO OVERLOAD MY NEWS FEED WITH IMAGES AND HASHTAGS? I don't know if that alone is what bothers me or the fact only Brazilians do that kind of stuff. Because I have a lot of American friends, Spanish cousins, people from the forum, etc; and they don't spend the whole day doing this shit. However, some Brazilians keep posting religious stuff or 4chan shares and that gets on my fucking nerves. First, if you believe in God there is no need to remind me of that 12323525124 times a day. Second, I follow football too, you don't need to share and post every detail about your club. I see no point in posting things like: "Goooal", "We won", "Come on Corinthians", etc. Third, if I wanted to see every single post this 4chan dude makes, I would fucking follow him. Fourth, why in hell do you need to use hashtag on Facebook? I mean, unless Mark Zuckwhatever invents an utility for it on his website, there is absolutely no need for you to post a picture with 5675674 hashtags on it. Fifth, you don't need to copy and paste what you post on your Twitter, what is the point?

Lastly, this is coming after I did a major clean up right before my parents added me. I had more than 1 thousand photos and even more of my so called friends. If I spent a whole week getting it all in order, I truly don't want that shit appearing again. I should have deleted it all, I just didn't do because I am a pussy and thought I would hurt many people by doing so. 400 friends are already too much, no need to keep trying to add me or pretend we care about one another. It doesn't make you better and nor does it make me an arrogant or unsocial.

Give me a fucking break, this is pissing me off! :rant: :rant: :rant:

/rant over

Nice rant, best post ever. I didn't even join the damn thing until last year when I started at the university. Getting in touch with some of the friends back in my hometown is easier there and staying up to speed on what happens at the uni is much less problematic when all the information is shared on the private group created for our class. I rarely (as in never) post any status updates myself and usually just ignore what everyone else are saying because honestly I don't give a flying fuck what someone had for breakfast or if they've been out drinking. Do the ones posting that shit really think people care? Fucking narcissists, the lot of them.

Nice rant, best post ever. I didn't even join the damn thing until last year when I started at the university. Getting in touch with some of the friends back in my hometown is easier there and staying up to speed on what happens at the uni is much less problematic when all the information is shared on the private group created for our class. I rarely (as in never) post any status updates myself and usually just ignore what everyone else are saying because honestly I don't give a flying fuck what someone had for breakfast or if they've been out drinking. Do the ones posting that shit really think people care? Fucking narcissists, the lot of them.

Oh, I forgot about that too. University groups are really, really helpful!

On thing that annoys me in some of my University Students Association, is when they have a party and they keep sending you invites. For instance, I will have a party in June called Insane Shots IV. If I answered it as "Maybe", you dont need to send it to me 10 times over the week. I already said I am not sure if I will go or not...

/ rant over 2.0

I hate some girls that love themselves so much and just won't stop posting pictures of themselves. On new years eve at the top of my news feed was a picture of one of my friends smiling down a camera with about 8kg of make up on saying 'Happy New Year'. Great, wouldn't mind a status saying happy new year but why do you feel the need to add a picture of yourself into it. Do you think I care or something?

Football Violence;

Millwall and Newcastle Sunderland at the weekend -but Brazil has to take it to another level

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/world-cup/22156991

Yep, Newcastle like riots doesnt even make the news here...

Welcome to the country of World Cup!!!! (and then people ask me why I am agaisnt it)

I'm not in College anyways. I don't intend to either since the effects these things have on your health scares me a lot. And tbh disgusts me but to go back on topic regarding the FB thing usually the rather 'unintelligent' people tend to do this. As in the guyz who speak in a really weird way and always do desperate things and then shout "because u know YOLO". I have personally never used "Yolo". They deliberately say "like that/like this/like u know that/and (s)he was like". I don't know how u define these ppl but it's those kind of ppl who tend to post the shit on FB a lot.

YOU ARE FUCKING FOURTEEN. KIDS LIKE YOU ARE CANCER TO SWAGGY GENERATION. NIGGA GET YOUR SHIT STRAIGHT ARIGHT OR I WOULD FUCKING MAKE YOU LISTEN EVERY HEARTMELTING SONG OF BIEBER.

:Goober: