The Pub - Discuss Anything

Manuf

Oi, I don't know what version of voice are you talking bout, but the one with Cristina Aguilera is fricking hot #2hot4bieber *_* #nojudging and I do listen the singers aswell, well sometimes #4realz :rolleyes:

Dude, whats with the hashtags? A bit annoying TBH!

What do the hashtags actually mean anyway? This has been going on for a while now. Someone in my uni actually uses hashtags in normal conversation like 'hashtag ohmygawd', I just want to tell her to stfu sometimes.

In what word do u live? Have u been introduced to Twitter and Instagram?

Now, bieber fans are trying to dominate the world by using it everywhere, even on facebook or forums where they have absolutely no utility...

What do the hashtags actually mean anyway? This has been going on for a while now. Someone in my uni actually uses hashtags in normal conversation like 'hashtag ohmygawd', I just want to tell her to stfu sometimes.

Mayne, you need a certain amount of swag to understand it's deeply cryptical meaning :P #2cool4bieber

:lol: I would seriously punch her in the face if she used it in a conversation with me!

There is Twitter and there are trends on twitter which trends worldwide if you use a hashtag. As @James said, this is what kool kids do! :D

lol I don't use twitter or ever been on it, or instagram. How does a # make a comment or tweet go worldwide? Does the comment just appear in everyone's inbox/news feed or whatever?

No but hashtags are used for global discussions. If you search of click on a hashtag it shows all the tweets in the world that have that hashtag in it. But like everything else the world, teenagers have found a stupid way to use it.

lol I don't use twitter or ever been on it, or instagram. How does a # make a comment or tweet go worldwide? Does the comment just appear in everyone's inbox/news feed or whatever?

OMG, NOOB ALLERT! :P

On Twitter, hashtag is some sort of link algorith in which the server can track what is written afterwards. So, for instance, if I want Benitez sacked, I type #rafaout. If there are a lot of people worldwide doing the same hashtag, it becomes a trending topic (because it is being highly discussed/used)...

On Instagram, the hashtag is used to help on the search engine and to place your photo into certain categories. For instance, if I take a pic of SB, I can type #cfc, #chelsea, #stamfordbridge, #london and #epl. Whenever someone searches for any of the words I hashtagged, my photo will appear.

However, stupid people are using it everywhere. Specially on facebook statys and photos, even if they have no utility...

No but hashtags are used for global discussions. If you search of click on a hashtag it shows all the tweets in the world that have that hashtag in it. But like everything else the world, teenagers have found a stupid way to use it.

Did you read that Backstreet09 :readthemessage:

Also, how can I 'mention" someone in my posts so it will appear in his notifications ? :rolleyes:

Did you read that Backstreet09 :readthemessage:

Also, how can I 'mention" someone in my posts so it will appear in his notifications ? :rolleyes:

I did and Choulo is absolutely right, hashtags are used for global discussions. What is a global discussion though :P according to my nigga dictionary, it's a discussion involving the world, and that's what we are having so far :P. You're from Algeria, me from Karachi, you see my point there :P #2edgy4u #yolo