Bertrand Traoré

Swoopz

7 hours ago, Yeboii said:

So weird they didn't understand that he is a striker.
Even against good teams in the PL he scored when he was a striker.

Putting Traoré up top = goals.

It wasn't a misunderstanding. He started up top but was outperformed by Dolberg in the same role, who is the superior talent. He's lucky he has a manager who likes him and forced him into the side as a wide forward.

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Was sensational tonight. Scored 2 and assisted 1 and was a menace all game with his trickery and dribbling. He just needs to deliver on a consistent basis because there is so much potential there. Anyway surely his performance tonight has done enough to earn them a place in the EL final and hopefully they win it too. That is who I am backing. Well played Traore :clap:

54 minutes ago, Stats said:

Was sensational tonight. Scored 2 and assisted 1 and was a menace all game with his trickery and dribbling. He just needs to deliver on a consistent basis because there is so much potential there. Anyway surely his performance tonight has done enough to earn them a place in the EL final and hopefully they win it too. That is who I am backing. Well played Traore :clap:

Love to see Ajax win it but I can't see them stopping utd tho 

Good to see him deliver when they needed him most. Hasn't been the case for the majority of the season, but he's fortunate the coach knows him well.

1 hour ago, the wes said:

Love to see Ajax win it but I can't see them stopping utd tho 

In a one off final anything can happen. United need to get past Celta first too and that will not be easy.

great game from him today, was a menace all game against Lyon, scored 2 goals and made 1 assist, Ajax should have really been out of sight today, Lyon were in shambles, 4-1 doesnt do Ajax enough justice to be fair, i expect them to finish the job in the 2nd leg. Cheers

1 hour ago, Stats said:

In a one off final anything can happen. United need to get past Celta first too and that will not be easy.

and add to that all the injuries United have been getting lately, its not helping them at all with all the games they had to play this season, Celta will be no walk in the park, and United record vs spanish teams in knock out games is nothing to gloat about, it will be interesting to see how they fare against Celta and which Celta or United will show up, it will be a great tie no doubt, but knowing Mourinho he will defend for the most part, and try to hit Celta on the counter to get the away goal,  Celta is a team who can keep the ball well, play good football and hurt teams on the break too, but they are very inconsistent, something United can take advantage of. Cheers

This is probably the last update form me, unless Bertrand wins us the final ;)

When he returned from ACON, I expected him to shine since he was doing better and better at Ajax before he went to Africa and because he had a very good tournament individually. He did score in his first game, but besides that he showed nearly nothing of his class. Even his normally exceptional work rate was gone. At the time Justin Kluivert had just made his debut and was an instant fan favourite and winter signing David Neres was awaiting his debut so fans were a bit impatient. They wanted to give someone else a run on that RW spot. A few games in, some Ajax fans decided it was time to let Traoré know that they weren't happy with him and started to mock him a bit during a home game. This clearly had an impact on Bertrand. And although I'm heavily against this kind of behaviour, it triggered him and in the next game he scored (lucky goal but hey) and worked as hard as he could. After this, he went a few games not playing very well, but at least his work rate and eagerness were back.

Then Dolberg picked up an injury and Bosz decided to play Bertrand as a striker again. At the beginning of the season this failed miserably, but this time around he was incredible. Holding up the ball, running at defenders, winning headers, creating chances and scoring a few goals (although he should have scored twice as many). He was vital in our home victories against Feyenoord and Schalke. Why did it work this time around? First of all, the whole team has come together these past few months, playing some very nice football which of course makes it easier for Bertrand to fit in. Second, his attitude has improved, he now wants to give it his all twice a week. Third, he is finally used to playing for Ajax and he knows his teammates. Fourth, football is a crazy thing, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

With Dolberg returning last week, Traoré played at RW again last night against Lyon, but with a small change. He clearly was instructed to play more on the inside of his fullback, closer to Dolberg, leaving space out wide for the fullback to run into. Normally, he stayed wide, received the ball and then cut inside. He played his best game of the season. Two goals, one assists, never loosing his fullback in defense and very strong in possession. If you want to see a very entertaining game of football, I suggest you watch last nights game :) 

All in all, Bertrand hasn't performed to his full potential here at Ajax and I can't see him breaking through the Chelsea ranks anytime soon. It's clear to me that these loan spells aren't good for him. His eagerness to succeed at Chelsea seems to wear him down a bit at times. He is a player that needs to know his teammates and takes some time to adapt. At Vitesse he needed a full season and at Ajax he also needed a very long time before he was able to show what he can do. The best thing for him would be to stay at Ajax for another one or two years, then move on to a more competitive league and if all goes well, he might be ready for a big club by the time he is 26/27. The thing is, as long as his paycheck still comes from Chelsea, he won't be able to fully commit to another club for multiple seasons. Now, he will return to Chelsea, play along in preseason, probably to be disappointed again and then taking another period of time to adjust to his new loan club. But then again, crazy things happen in football so you can't really blame him for trying.

If there are any questions, feel free to ask guys :) 

7 minutes ago, mccg said:

Fair enough. Good luck to the lad. Hope he finds a great move.

24 minutes ago, mccg said:

Linked with a few  clubs at the moment Stoke Everton napoli 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, akgw13 said:

good individual first half for traore in my opinion. Been Ajaxs biggest threat and caused some problems. looks like he could get a goal today.

Very good game IMO :) Always trying to create something but it was really hard with United playing deep and really organized tonight :) He should be in Chelsea squad next year considering our lack of left footed right wingers. 

Happy to see him put in a good performance in the biggest game of his career. By far Ajax's best attacker on the night.

Just a shame the gameplan was completely wrong by Bosz.

40 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Happy to see him put in a good performance in the biggest game of his career. By far Ajax's best attacker on the night.

Just a shame the gameplan was completely wrong by Bosz.

Not a good game at all. As individual yes, but this is finale and finale can be only won as a team. 

He was ridiculously selfish several times, just like in eredivisie matches. Ask any fan they will all say he is selfish as hell.

I dont even care if he made many of those dribbles because they all ended up with nothing at all. You need to know when to pass and he doesnt. 

Same with Younes, another poor player tonight, much like the rest of his season.

Dolberg should be better. Only player realy impressing was De Ligt. Sanchez made some rash mistakes.