Anybody else getting a bad vibe about this season

I don't know about you guys but I'm getting a bad feeling about this season. There are way more negatives than positives.

Here is a list of both:

Positive's first:

Benayoun is a hard worker who can cover a few different positions.

Drogba finally had his hernia op.

it's only the first time in 3 years we have started the season with the same gaffer.

Bosingwa is nearing return.

No African nations.

Now the Negatives:

Most of our players played in the wc finals and had shockers. We all remember what happened in 06.

Our players are even older.

We've lost Joe Cole, ballack, deco, Belletti,stoch,carvalho,Sinclair and only signed 1 player.

Man united will be hungrier than last season.

Man city have spent big and grabbed a few very decent players.

Liverpool have added a good list of players to there squad.

Our Christmas schedule is even tougher than last season.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now the Negatives:

Most of our players played in the wc finals and had shockers. We all remember what happened in 06.

We've lost Joe Cole, ballack, deco, Belletti,stoch,carvalho,Sinclair and only signed 1 player.

To pick on a few of your points there..

1. ManUtd are always hungry for it when we win and vice-versa. The hunger never stops when you don't have it, but just because you have that doesn't mean you're going to win the title.
  2. Yes City have signed a few good players, but look at their pre-season. Worse than ours. They're not a proper team yet, right now they're a couple of superstars put together. It will take them a while to get any chemistry going and start winning a majority of games and by this time they'll be out the race.
  3. Liverpool one is the same story. Sign a few good players and suddenly they'll win it all, well the last 17/18years proves this theory wrong. :)

I hope this clears your pessimism a bit. KTBFFH blue%20scalf.gif

Id take the champions league and fa cup over the premiership.. actually maybe not.

Either way i dont think City or Liverpool will cause us much trouble next season its going to come down to us and United again. The season after this one might be a diffrent story though.

While we have the drog up front were unstoppable!

Here is a list of both:

Positive's first:

it's only the first time in 3 years we have started the season with the same gaffer. +That's actually bigger than it sounds,Ancelotti will now know how to deal with the Blackburns and the Evertons of the league

Bosingwa is nearing return. +Essien is already back

No African nations.

++We needed an overhaul for a while now,the club had the balls to do it.

Now the Negatives:

Most of our players played in the wc finals and had shockers. We all remember what happened in 06. +No team had many players that succeeded in the WC,it's gonna affect them as much as it's gonna affect us.

Our players are even older. +Check the average age of the team,I'm sure it has dropped significantly wink.gif

We've lost Joe Cole, ballack, deco, Belletti,stoch,carvalho,Sinclair and only signed 2 players. +(I consider Ramires being a done deal)

Man united will be hungrier than last season. Not really saying much,they're always hungry.

Man city have spent big and grabbed a few very decent players. + City are a force to be considered but I think they're still a year away from getting there,it's completely in ours and ManUtd's hands to keep them away from the trophy.

Liverpool have added a good list of players to there squad. laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

+ Our squad depth has been reduced significantly compared to the previous seasons,we're only a few injuries away from depending on inexperienced youth.Some absolutely have to step up this year.

+ I doubt we'll get 6/6 against the top 4 again,we'll have to be much better against the next 4(CIty,Spurs,Villa,Everton)

A few obvious points.

It all depends whether or not our young players will be good enough to replace the players that have gone. Deco, Joe Cole, Carvalho, Ballack etc. Those are big names!

I guess we all have to have faith in Carlo, and hope he delivers the goods! We can only hope this 4 game losing streak is not going to last!

I don't know about you guys but I'm getting a bad feeling about this season. There are way more negatives than positives.

Here is a list of both:

Positive's first:

it's only the first time in 3 years we have started the season with the same gaffer.

Bosingwa is nearing return.

No African nations.

Now the Negatives:

In response i have to answer with another quote:

"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment." -- Buddha

I actually wouldn't mind us having a decent season (being runners up or so) if it means we get to bed in a lot of our youngsters... There is bound to be a transition season or 2 for every club and with the mass exodus, I see this yr and next as being transitional...