Anybody else getting a bad vibe about this season

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love us to get David Luiz! Even if it cost those £27m! rolleyes.gif

I did not even mention luiz i just dont trust ivo that much as a agile quick defender like ricky, david villa could never spin off ricky but he could do it to ivo.

The League isn't easy, it can only get harder as there is more and more competition. We will win because we realise and have experienced this. It's not all about big signings or silly loses. It's about adjusting as a team, learning from mistakes, working hard and believing! We will pick up as we will grow stronger and show determination on just how much we want to win. We have all they advantages over City so they are no big threat (as of yet anyway) but they will learn and they can only get better. I'm not underestimating them though. The real contenders are United, Arsenal and Liverpool despite their ugly season last season. I believe we will pick up and hit back harder than before to win trophies.

I think we need at least 3 more signings, Ramires included.

Well, now that we have let Carvalho go, we could do with an "as-good as" if not better centre half than him. David Luiz is probably the likely player to replace him, a bit pricey but if it's worth bringing him in, he'll be an excellent player to have, and will give us a whole load of options as far as our defence is concerned. If we can't sign him, then I wouldn't say it's bad news, I think we can cope. Ivanovic can play both Right back and centre back, and don't forget Bos will be returning soon, so with him coming back, it'll be like a new signing almost because he hasn't played for us since last November I think. And not forgetting the likes of Jeffrey Bruma (who is a CENTRE BACK not a right back Mr. Ancelotti!!)

As for the other possible signing, I don't know if it should be either a striker or a goalkeeper. I would feel a goalkeeper is more of the priority simply because Hilario and Turnbull are just not good enough for my liking. I think if we really are going to go for Asmir Begovic, then Stoke are going to put up one hell of a fight with us over for him, because they too are having trouble with getting home-grown players for their side, as well as us.

We could also go for a striker. Neymar is the player standing first in line of our interest. Sergio Aguero, much as I would love to see him wearing royal blue, is just far too pricey, Enrique Cerezo the Atletico president expects him to stay as well. The good thing about Aguero however, is that we own first refusal on him, so if we wanted to sign him and offer a big sum of money for his services... we could. But apparently Abramovich doesn't want to fight tooth and nail to try and bring the player's price down. Maybe only £20 million max, but Aguero, according to Cerezo is worth double that, so fuck it.

One other player I wouldn't mind seeing in a Chelsea shirt (although I do expect some disagreements over this) is Karim Benzema. I don't know but something tells me that he is the type player we need. He's bulky, he's strong, he has the ability to get into the box and score from impossible angles, and he's an excellent poacher. I don't know why he is sitting on a bench at Real Madrid watching the likes of Ronaldo, Kaka, Higuain et al get all the fame, and he just keeps a bench warm. It's wasted talent, but he's 22, and I reckon snagging him for a good sum of money is a good steal I think.

In conclusion, I feel that Ramires #4, David Luiz #6 and Karim Benzema #9 should be the 3 summer signings we make before the window closes.

Why in gods name would we sign Benzema? Was good in the french league but completly shooting blanks at Real Madrid, completly overrated as I stated before his move to Madrid. I don't have a bad vibe as no major players have left from last season, I do think we need a new centre back though, and I'd love it to be David Luiz, Seems to fit the bill perfectly. Ramires should provide the legs in midfield that Ballack never had, and maybe another signing, Wouldn't mind a new striker as I can't see Anelka being effective this season.

Why in gods name would we sign Benzema? Was good in the french league but completly shooting blanks at Real Madrid, completly overrated as I stated before his move to Madrid.

I honestly feel it's because of the League he's playing in. As I said before, maybe he isn't getting the best out of his game because La Liga isn't for him. The Premier League is a different league altogether, and it could be best suited for a player of his calibre.

I'm not any more or any less worried than what I usually am before the start of a season, and I do hope people don't start comparing every game to last season and getting on Carlo's back if things aren't going as well. That being said, I do think this season will be a 3 horse race between us, United and le Arse.

I agree, our poor form during the pre-season should not be taken lightly. We need to get our players back in focus and finally put the world cup behind them.

Exactly! Like i said before, we have been blessed with an easy start so hopefully by round 5 we can start dominating again.. The key to our title was beating the top 4 sides.. But, we still need a lot of work against the likes of Everton. Man city, Tottenham and Aston Villa away... If Carlo can treat those games like he did with Man united, Liverpool and arse, than i have no doubt we can pip united for the title...Lets not forget, we are the Champions and most of the smaller teams will play out of their socks to get a result against us, everybody wants a shot at the champ!!... It's arguably going to be the toughest season yet...

I hate the constant mention of Aguero, do you people even know him other than his fucking name?

Anyway. I've been thinking about a tough month for us which will be december, usually we're fit by this time of the year but this season we're not. We always perform poorly in december because the players get tired imo. BUT! This season they should still be fit for the fact that they haven't been fit all pre season and are essentially a month behind, I think it will make December better, January worse lol

Look at our form at December lasy year, people startedto question Carlo and some evn called for his end, now fast forward to the end of the season where we won the double for the first time and Carlo is the king of Stamford Bridge, that should surely show that nothing is predictable about the future. To stay yout are going to fail a test that is a year away is something of giving up and losing hope in yourself's ability, and so it is the same with Chelsea.

To say we would be the lauhging stock of the title chase or that we wouldn't even get out of the group stages of the CL is giving up on Chelsea IMO, and that is where the line of being a Chelsea Supporter is gone. Just stop and think of the matches that are coming up, instead of the matches that are done in your head.

All we need is another Striker/Winger which could be resolved with signing Neymar or Aguero, the latter i doubt would be coming this season. Keep the faith Alive!