Ramires

usually big talents get noticed too fast by the papers or the fans,Aguero being a fine example.

I guess that's the reason why we're not going for him, because he's priced too high, and his performances might not even match his valuation.

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chelsea_F.C.

Check out squad list - it contains a certain Mr. Ramires listed as number 20. I wouldn't take it as anything more than some idiot editing wikipedia though. However I am now edging pretty close to seeing this deal happening and being announced in the next 1-2 days.

Too many rumours from too many different sources and what the Benfica president says really says it all.

I wouldnt trust the Wikipedia squad list lol but iv been on the Benfica website and all their supporters seem pritty convinced he's leaving, which is always a good sign. Anyway I really hope its rapped up soon blue%20scalf.gif

CHELSEA EDGE CLOSER TO £18 MILLION RAMIRES SWOOP

Chelsea are today poised to complete the signing of Brazilian World Cup midfielder Ramires - and give Carlo Ancelotti his prime target.

Stamford Bridge boss Ancelotti has earmarked the 23-year-old Benfica star as the key piece in his summer refit project.

And with Benfica President Luis Felipe Vieira finally giving the green light on an £18.3million deal, Ramires is expected to become a Chelsea player in the next 24 hours.

Ancelotti, who has lost Michael Ballack, Juliano Belletti and Joe Cole and so far only recruited £5m Yossi Benayoun, has targeted Ramires since before the World Cup when his absence through suspension was a major contributory factor in Brazil's quarter-final defeat by Holland.

The sticking point was the fact that Benfica had only been able to afford his £5.8m signing from Corinthians by selling a 50 per cent stake in the player to an investment company headed by Iranian-born Kia Joorabchian.

Now, though, the Lisbon side - who stand to make more than £8m despite Joorabchian's cut - are willing to accept Chelsea's improved offer and Vieira said: "We have completed nothing yet and the place where Ramires goes does not entirely depend on us.

"There is a partnership and and we must respect it.

"But our main goal is to continue to build the team and do the right thing in sporting terms.

"If there is a good proposal, we will do everything we can to make it work for us. We are prepared for all eventualities and have options to fill all the positions to ensure we strengthen our base."

Ramires was known as the "Blue Kenyan" during his spell with Brazilian side Corinthians, a tribute to the club's traditional colours and his remarkable endurance and ability to run and run.

-----------------------------------------

Source:- Mirror Football

-----------------------------------------

Looking very promising guys!! :blue scalf:

r.i.p matic.

£18m!!!! ... i'd rather keep the stadium name 'stamford bridge' than sign this guy.

don't be a spoil sport TX! :P

this is just what we need! Matic is a great midfielder, who can be cover for Essien and Ramires if either gets injured. I also believe that players like Matic will want to, not only learn from top quality players but also work harder to earn a place. Yes it's not going to allow him to play as many games, but it's surely going to make him work harder to become a better player.

On the other hand, Ramires is the perfect type of player we're after. He's quick, hold onto the ball well, and can make a great pass! I think this signing of Ramires is going to give us excellent stability in the midfield! :)

BlueDrew can back me up on this! :yes:

On the other hand, Ramires is the perfect type of player we're after. He's quick, hold onto the ball well, and can make a great pass! I think this signing of Ramires is going to give us excellent stability in the midfield! :)

Imagine a midfield of Lamps,Ramires and Essien,while it does a good work at keeping the ball and controling the game it lacks the creativity needed to breakdown hard sides.

I'd rather we got a top playmaker like Ozil than another hard working midfielder..

He's great for our squad depth but isn't that what wanted the youth to do?

Imagine a midfield of Lamps,Ramires and Essien,while it does a good work at keeping the ball and controling the game it lacks the creativity needed to breakdown hard sides.

I'd rather we got a top playmaker like Ozil than another hard working midfielder..

He's great for our squad depth but isn't that what wanted the youth to do?

That's what i've been saying the whole time. It seems people here really like a power midfield and forget that creativity is so f***ing important ! Especially if you want to win the CL.

All I can say is that if we don't get him after all this talk (like with Agüero) then I'm never ever even going to try and find articles and news about signings in the transfer windows again. dry.gif

The name stamford bridge is priceless to me.

Fuck 'pepsi presents the stamford samsung bridge'

It will be used as much as people refer to SJP as 'Sports Direct @ St James' Park'. Don't be so picky over it. If it brings the club some more dosh, who gives a damn. Its a name, of a football stadium. If it bothers you, jesus, you should get out more.

That's a good joke David! :lol: .................. :huh: .................................. :blink:

Not joking. http://www.abola.pt/nnh/ver.aspx?id=216917

r.i.p matic.

£18m!!!! ... i'd rather keep the stadium name 'stamford bridge' than sign this guy.

That's what i said in my earlier post. This transfer would really limit his game time and ruin his progression.

We got him for 1.5 mil pounds and he could grow out to be the best transfer ever (when you compare the price to his quality).

Starting to hope Ramires doesn't join us more and more. Not because he isn't a good player but because he isn't needed.

Edited by Blue_Soldier

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You