Would You Boo?

27 members have voted

1. 1. Will you boo Joe Cole when he comes back?

It seems quite obvious now that Joe Cole won't be going abroad to play his future football. So that means he'll be signing with rivals, Arsenal, Tottenham, Manchester United or Manchester City.

And that, my friends, means eventually Joe Cole will play his football at the Bridge again. Against Chelsea! My question to all of you, who go to the Bridge is, will you boo him? In his own right, Joe Cole is ChelseaFC legend. But we've seen such players before, i.e. Wayne Bridge, been booed at Stamford.

I ask this question, because there is some obvious discontent at Joe Cole. The whole reason his gone is because he hasn't been given the wages he's demanded, thus he's left for money. I personally won't boo him, but will any of you?

Joe Cole's Chelsea statistics

Premier League Winner Medals: 2004-05, 2005-06 & 2009-10

FA Cup: 2006-07, 2008-09 & 2009-10

Carling Cup: 2004-05 & 2006-07

PFA Team of the Year: 2006

Chelsea Player of the Season: 2008

Total appearances: 183

Total Goals: 28

Edited by rstar500

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I had the chance to go to the Bridge, I would boo him, wouldn't think twice. if he's a Chelsea legend he shouldn't join our rivals.

Ray Wilkins whistling.gif

The whole reason his gone is because he hasn't been given the wages he's demanded, thus he's left for money.

We don't know that

He may have left becauce he wasn't happy sitting on the bench and wanted 1st team football.

Edited by Kostas

I definitely wouldn't boo him, he is a chelsea legend. I'm disappointed that he's left and they couldnt come to an agreement but he wants and deserves to play for a team week in week out and maybe the club couldnt guarantee that. I don't think its all to do with wages. I will be sickened to seem him go to one of our rivals but i will never boo him!

At the end of the day it depends on the way he handles it. If he comes out and slates Chelsea, the media will have a field day and will give us the obvious right to boo, but if he respects us and the fans I can see the odd idiot booing but I assume he will get a standing ovation and a chorus of 'He's here, he's there'

I don't think I could bring myself to boo Joey Cole - but with the reported reasons on why the contract talks stumbled it wouldn't surprise me if others did.

Edited by Cameron

We don't know that

He may have left becauce he wasn't happy sitting on the bench and wanted 1st team football.

True.. But he has made 38 appearances for Chelsea this season! Considering the seriousness of the Injury he's come back from, it's a good amount for a comeback season. But, I think it's the best decision for him and Chelsea.

I'm seriously hoping he'll address the fans after the World Cup, we deserve that much.

Players come, players go, it happens. Kakuta or Zhirkov (or a new signing) will fill the void so all is cool. I wouldn't boo him because he's done a lot for us in 7 years and he was used very poorly last season. If he's moving because he wants first team football, he has the right to go to any team. He wants to win trophies so he's only going to go to a rival, anyone would. He's not gonna say "ah i respect Chelsea and the fans of Chelsea so i'll go to Blackburn so i don't stop Chelsea winning the league and make sure i win no future trophies ahead of them."

We boo bridge because of the Terry saga, not because he moved to man city. He still scored a certain goal at highbury once ya know.

We boo bridge because of the Terry saga, not because he moved to man city. He still scored a certain goal at highbury once ya know.

Just a brief note on that (don't want to dig this up again).. Bridge did nothing to get booed, I found it disgraceful that people did that to him.

As long as Joe doesn't talk out against the club, it'll be alright.. (hopefully)

If he goes to Tottenham he will get booed by some. Both Carlo and Gudjohnsen got mixed receptions last season, Eidur took quite a lot of stick whilst warming up in front of the Chelsea supporters but his name was sung at first.

To answe the question, no I wouldn't.

True.. But he has made 38 appearances for Chelsea this season!

You keep repeating this worthless stat.

Some of those appearances were 5 minute subs and some were 10-20 minutes that should been given to Kakuta or Matic.

He made 22 starts and that's only a good stat if we're talking about Van Persie.

He wants to win trophies so he's only going to go to a rival, anyone would.

Then we can be sure that he's not going to Arsenal eyebrows.gif

Edited by Kostas

Carlo, Poyet, Eidur, Maybe Joe Cole, Tottenham is like a Chelsea veterans XI. Lots of players have switched between Chelsea and Tottenham in the past, Jason Cundy, Glenn Hoddle, Jimmy greaves, Micky Hazard and loads more. A transfer is a transfer. I never thought Zola would Manage West Ham or Gallas go to Arsenal and defo never expected us to sign Mark Hughes and Ashley Cole. Figo went from Barca to Real Madrid, Ronaldo (the real one!!!) played for AC Milan, Inter Milan, Barca and Real Madrid....

It's just business :)

No. I won't boo him but I will still be disappointed in Joe for a long time to come. Its a shame he couldn't have left on more amicable terms because at the end of the day he played 282 times for this club and is a Chelsea legend.