Mikel out of World Cup

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's still young so his decision to miss this world cup means that he may get another chance to play in another.

If he goes to the world cup and ruins the rest of his career then he'll be gutted. I'm not his biggest fan but i think he's made the right decision.

yeah right .... very mature ...... but let me ask you can you imagine rooney or terry doing the same .... well i think in this case we will have to say rooney and terry are not mature enough .....

as a matter of fact if this underlines anything so it just underlines why i hate this guy ..... no determination no ambition and a very lazy player .....

that must rank as one of the most disgraceful posts Ive seen on here ...you should be ashamed of yourself ...

your comments would be more suited on 606

Not good news, hope he makes a speedy recovery. Good on him to make the decision not to go to the world cup, it shows that he doesn't want to antagonise his injury further.

Edited by Blueray

Thats fucking crap. Have you ever had an injury yourself? Have you ever had to experience an operation first hand? By the sounds of it you have not.

Im still recovering from a Knee reconstruction. I lost everything i was going for. I had my first trial with a professional team here in Australia, then a week later i did my knee. I had my opportunity to go for it when i recovered but i would of been pushing myself but instead i declined and focused on my health. At the end of the day hes still human and football is just a job . As long as he can walk and be healthy is the main priority.

i think i think YOU ARE NO ROONEY OR TERRY !!!!!!! ........ so once again if you are saying that rooney or terry or any of the great players that we respect will do that then you are either a shitty lair or your words are really fucking crap ........

i think i think YOU ARE NO ROONEY OR TERRY !!!!!!! ........ so once again if you are saying that rooney or terry or any of the great players that we respect will do that then you are either a shitty lair or your words are really fucking crap ........

No need for that. Calm it down please.

He's made a great sacrifice. Do you think Mikel doesn't want to go the World Cup? I can imagine him being absolutely devastated because he's never been to the tournament before. He now has to wait another four years for a similar opportunity. But rather than going and exacerbating a serious injury and thus potentially ruining his career he is being sensible and allowing it to heal. He's being mature and showing a cool, composed head and is therefore the perfect sort of role-model for young people, rather than the likes of Rooney and Terry going, playing with an injury, underperforming and hampering their own recovery. The last player we tried to hurry back from injury was Bosingwa and look what's happened with him!

No need for that. Calm it down please.

He's made a great sacrifice. Do you think Mikel doesn't want to go the World Cup? I can imagine him being absolutely devastated because he's never been to the tournament before. He now has to wait another four years for a similar opportunity. But rather than going and exacerbating a serious injury and thus potentially ruining his career he is being sensible and allowing it to heal. He's being mature and showing a cool, composed head and is therefore the perfect sort of role-model for young people, rather than the likes of Rooney and Terry going, playing with an injury, underperforming and hampering their own recovery. The last player we tried to hurry back from injury was Bosingwa and look what's happened with him!

again i am not saying it's a wrong decision he is totally free to choose the best for his future but all i am saying is .... this coming from mikel shows something , it shows the difference between players with heart with will power and determination .... and players who are just regular players .......... and he proved he will never be a special or an irregular player because he has none of that i mean really think about it and try to picture any great player doing the same you can only picture average players doing this not great ones .......

only brave men are able to take risks like that because without taking risks you will never achieve anything .... i was to taught that To save all we must risk all ...... and btw all i said that this just highlighted something in mikel's personality that he is no winner that's my opinion ....

i have played while i was injured in a cup final with my club and my injury got worse that i had to miss the first month of the new season but i have no 1% regret for that ..... because we won and if i can go back i will do it again ....

again i am not saying it's a wrong decision he is totally free to choose the best for his future but all i am saying is .... this coming from mikel shows something , it shows the difference between players with heart with will power and determination .... and players who are just regular players .......... and he proved he will never be a special or an irregular player because he has none of that i mean really think about it and try to picture any great player doing the same you can only picture average players doing this not great ones .......

only brave men are able to take risks like that because without taking risks you will never achieve anything .... i was to taught that To save all we must risk all ...... and btw all i said that this just highlighted something in mikel's personality that he is no winner that's my opinion ....

i have played while i was injured in a cup final with my club and my injury got worse that i had to miss the first month of the new season but i have no 1% regret for that ..... because we won and if i can go back i will do it again ....

So you are basically saying he should risk his ability to play/work or even walk just to show few people that he is some kind of a winner, who never gives up? Don't you remember how he looked in the ceremony on Stamford? Essien had to carry him ffs...

So you are basically saying he should risk his ability to play/work or even walk just to show few people that he is some kind of a winner, who never gives up? Don't you remember how he looked in the ceremony on Stamford? Essien had to carry him ffs...

well if they let you choose if u wanna stay or not then you are good you are only suspicious that you are not 100 % fit so the injury might renew .... but no manager or a team will risk with their players like you are saying that he will never walk again .... rooney played injured a lot of times last year and his injured got worse but after all he is back he risked the WC with england because of the UCL and i bet if he had to choose again he will play again and risk again ........

Drogba did it as well and he was just fine but let's say that he did the same as mikel to make sure he will play in the WC and then his arm was broken how would he feel like ..........

you would always have to take your chances and work your ass off to make things go your way ........

It's easy saying that about someone else behind your keyboard.

I'd love to hear what would you have said if you had lost the final on penalties and had crippled yourself for the rest of your life.

I don't get how can you judge the guy for this decision in a negative way! You do not know personally how bad his injury is, he knows his body better than anybody else and is only thinking about the rest of his career. There's a good chance that there will be other opportunities for him like this. Why risk your career at such a young age fair enough if he was ballack and this was going to be his last world cup and the injury wasn't as serious as his was maybe he could take the risk. He's also thinking about his Nigerian team mates, if he feels he cannot give 100% on the pitch throughout the tournament then it's best he doesn't play.

Give the guy a break ffs.

yeah right .... very mature ...... but let me ask you can you imagine rooney or terry doing the same .... well i think in this case we will have to say rooney and terry are not mature enough .....

as a matter of fact if this underlines anything so it just underlines why i hate this guy ..... no determination no ambition and a very lazy player .....

Mikel is a very mature player he is one of the youngest ever players to be trusted to play in a championsleague semi final at anfield against a crowd that scream like wild apes for 90 mins. He has made a decision on him his own about his injury, he does not want to be sebastian deisler who used to play 60% fit and he ends his playing days at the age of like 25. John terry and rooney play when injured and then they are out for a extra month, rooney played in the championsleague when he was like 50% and he just aggravated the injury more !

Clearly im no Rooney or Terry. Im myself, an Individual. I make decisions to benefit myself in the long run. Just like Mikel has done for himself and no body else.

@kakuta44

I can see how you feel about Mikel here, (everyone can). I myself didn't like him at one point, saw him as reckless, irresponsible and too immature to be in the Chelsea team. However this season he proved me wrong, filling the shoes of Essien is no easy job and it's made him a more mature footballer.

He's had a chance to be in the World Cup. A tournament all footballers DREAM of going to, to help their team win the most coveted trophy in the sport! And that's the EXACT reason why Mikel has pulled out. He realises he's not 100% fit and he realises it means his team is going to suffer because of it.

You're using players like Rooney and Terry as an example? Well what if they played with an injury and it cost them the game? Let's say if Terry had an injured hamstring and then he can't run back with an opposing striker, that striker scores and knocks England out. We'd, without a doubt, ask the qustion "why was he playing when he knew he was injured?! He's cost us the game & tournament"

I have nothing but respect for Mikel's decision, he's young and mature enough to bounce back and make the 2014 World Cup.