Goals for next season

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I cannot do that, but Mr. Roman can, and he does...just remember that Grant was sacked after losing at penaty shot-out...and Ancelotti arrived because his recorde in Europe, since he had won Serie A only on time during his ternure with Milan.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1279275/John-Terry-Roman-Abramovich-Champions-League-Chelseas-No-1-priority.html

:whistling:

You can set out about winning the Premier League, but you can't physically plan to win the Champions League. European Football is a lottery - you can get to the semi finals and get cheated out, for instance (I'm obviously not referring to Anfield 2005 or against Barcelona). It's pure pot luck. On the other hand you can prepare for a league season as you know how you can improve on the performance of the last season. The league is also a lot harder to win - you need more consistency and rather than being a 13-match competition of winner-takes-all it is a 38-game marathon where the best team always wins. That's why retaining the league should be our main priority as it is a greater achievement.

I feel that you are not a 'proper' Champions League winner unless you have either won the title the previous season, or you have done the League and European double in the same season. I'm not trying to discredit the Champions League, because winning it is a huge achievement, but for me to be a true Champion of Europe you must also be the Champion of England.

You can set out about winning the Premier League, but you can't physically plan to win the Champions League. European Football is a lottery - you can get to the semi finals and get cheated out, for instance (I'm obviously not referring to Anfield 2005 or against Barcelona). It's pure pot luck. On the other hand you can prepare for a league season as you know how you can improve on the performance of the last season. The league is also a lot harder to win - you need more consistency and rather than being a 13-match competition of winner-takes-all it is a 38-game marathon where the best team always wins. That's why retaining the league should be our main priority as it is a greater achievement.

I feel that you are not a 'proper' Champions League winner unless you have either won the title the previous season, or you have done the League and European double in the same season. I'm not trying to discredit the Champions League, because winning it is a huge achievement, but for me to be a true Champion of Europe you must also be the Champion of England.

Exacly liverpool won the champions league and finished 5th in our league, then had to cry to uefa to try to retain a trophy they were never ever going to retain, they were out played by benfica and knocked out the following season.

1. Win Champions League.

Absolutely agree 100%

After what we have achieved this season, the Champions League is priority now without a shadow of doubt. We have to get our hands on that trophy and what better way and place to do it as Champions at Wembley!

It's our time now

To retain the league should be the top priority, to show everyone that we are the ultimate force once again in English football. We were lucky this season as Man Ure also cocked up, we need a very good and convincing title win with the FA Cup, and possible a semi-final spot in the CL. Like it has been stated in previous posts: You have to have luck and skill to win CL. We need next season to build a squad that can thrash any team in England before other nations, or otherwise it is hopeful dreaming.

Hell an English treble would do me good next season. League Cup, FA Cup and EPL, but with youngsters mainly being used in the League cup and first couple of rounds of the FA cup.

will settle happily for back to back doublesemo5.gifemo5.gif

Hell yeh!! And FA Cup again..looks better with blue Ribbons

Just carrying on where we left off,no crazy moments off if they slip up so should we as we done so many times.Being able to make the most of other slip ups,and being able to defend set pieces again..we got pretty good at that eventully