Goals for next season

Some of the goals for next season are in the following Order:

1. Retain Premier League

2. Win Champions League

3. Retain FA Cup

4. Win Carling Cup

5. Retain Community Sheild.

Some facts for next season's Champions League:

- Finals held at Wembley and Chelsea's record at Wembley is second to none.

- Carlo Ancelloti won his first Champions League as a Manager for Milan in his second season.

- Carlo Ancelloti won his first Champions League as a Manager on English Soil at Old trafford.

- Drogba's record at Wembley is second to none.

I dont know about you but I cant wait for next season to start.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a nice goal to set, but that's going to be very difficult. To win the CL you always need to have a fair amount of luck (aka penaltyslip-ups and referee's etc), so maybe it could be ours. CL final this year is in the Bernabeu, and Real didn't make it, despite they really wanted to play a 'home' final. We have a good record at wembley, but it doesn't say much in a competition like the CL, because you first have to get there. Besides all other English teams would also like to play there i guess :whistling: . Chelsea vs Tottenham final, easy win :lol::P.

Not saying it is impossible, but it certainly isn't going to be easy.

Edited by Blueboy

Some of the goals for next season are in the following Order:

1. Retain Premier League

2. Win Champions League

3. Retain FA Cup

4. Win Carling Cup

5. Retain Community Sheild.

Some facts for next season's Champions League:

- Finals held at Wembley and Chelsea's record at Wembley is second to none.

- Carlo Ancelloti won his first Champions League as a Manager for Milan in his second season.

- Carlo Ancelloti won his first Champions League as a Manager on English Soil at Old trafford.

- Drogba's record at Wembley is second to none.

I dont know about you but I cant wait for next season to start.

My goals for us would be the first 2: retain the title and win the CL.

Interesting history for Carlo. I REALLY hope it repeat itself for him, and especially for us, next season.

Another aim is to avoid slip ups against Teams like Wigan, Hull and secure the league by April so that we dont face the situation that Man Utd did this season. If we cannot secure the league by April atleast maintain a sizeable distance from the second team so that we can afford to rest our players in the League for crucial Champions League Games.

Edited by warnie_666

The league is always #1 priority.

This ^^^^^^

I'd be more than happy with that and it should be our priority every season. Anything else is a bonus.

For those who would prefer the CL I put this to you.

Would you sacrafice this seasons double to be playing in the CL Final this weekend ?

This ^^^^^^

I'd be more than happy with that and it should be our priority every season. Anything else is a bonus.

Would you sacrafice this seasons double to be playing in the CL Final this weekend ?

Simple answear: fucking NO !

And we lose the final and end the season whithout nothing.

In any other season I would say that our priority is to win EPL...winning the CL is a consequence...but the final in next season will be in London. Chelsea must be in that final or the season will be a failure, no question about that. Thats why I believe Chelsea might spend huge ammounts of money in the summer.

If Chelsea build a squad good enough to do that, then this squad will be good enough to win EPL with 5 games to go.

This ^^^^^^

No way for me the premiership is no.1 but it might be different for the people who matter like roman !

Simple answear: fucking NO !

And we lose the final and end the season whithout nothing.

In any other season I would say that our priority is to win EPL...winning the CL is a consequence...but the final in next season will be in London. Chelsea must be in that final or the season will be a failure, no question about that. Thats why I believe Chelsea might spend huge ammounts of money in the summer.

If Chelsea build a squad good enough to do that, then this squad will be good enough to win EPL with 5 games to go.

You cant set out to win the champions league its impossible, even if you are the best team in the competition you might not win it. The champions league is a total raffle any team can win the ticket, as soon as you come out the group stage anything can go for or against you !

Well the only way to improve on this season is the treble. Or even Quadruple.

For me though, next year the priority is the Champions League. Its the holy grail and the only thing we haven't won. We have the league back now and obviously we have to go hell for leather to retain that but, Its time to go that one step further and pick up that Champions League.

You cant set out to win the champions league its impossible, even if you are the best team in the competition you might not win it. The champions league is a total raffle any team can win the ticket, as soon as you come out the group stage anything can go for or against you !

Maybe I cannot do that, but Mr. Roman can, and he does...just remember that Grant was sacked after losing at penaty shot-out...and Ancelotti arrived because his recorde in Europe, since he had won Serie A only on time during his ternure with Milan.

Edited by Henrique