With all due respect to Mr. Ancelotti

I am grateful for everything we have achieved with the team since he has been appointed, but I just cant help but feel that there is something missing. It feels like Carlo and the squad dont bond as well as Jose or even Guus did. It might have something to do with the language barrier, and while Carlo is one of the best coaches around, it just seems like his personality doesnt click with the personality of the team. Jose and Guus were like mentors, the players praised and looked up to them in the highest regards; almost as if they were parental figures. However, I dont get that vibe with Carlo. Am I wrong in my statement? Unfortunately I live in the US, so I dont actually get as much insight as to what goes on behind the curtains with Chelsea, unlike you local fans.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Managers are generally greatly overated, and many players will tell you when they get on the pitch they do their own thing anyway.

If you notice, the good managers always manage to motivate players psychologically -after all the players are generally all good enough and are there on merit or they wouldnt have been picked up by the scouting network. Good managers are also there on reputation, and are tactically aware, though this is often not such a necessity. Carlo has a good reputation, is respected by the players, probably not the best psychological motivator, but is tactically spot on most of the time.

Bit strange to post this after we have just won the league.....

Can't see anything wrong with the relationship that Carlo has with his players, yesterday showed that they are close and that Carlo works very well with his team, wouldn't have won the league otherwise. Just because Carlo doesn't show in public the way Jose did his emotions and relationships with the players doesn't mean that it is any less.

*facepalm*

When Gennaro Gattuso is in tears when he learned that Carlo was leaving Milan, that's saying something. Most of the Milan players were in tears when they found out he was leaving. That alone should tell you how he forms bonds with players. The photo below, this was during the Arse game when Vermaelen scored that own goal. That's something I was glad to see.

Let's also not forget that some players were wanting to leave last summer yet Carlo talked to them, and the next thing you know they wanted to stay.

Premier-League-010.jpg

Bit strange to post this after we have just won the league.....

Can't see anything wrong with the relationship that Carlo has with his players, yesterday showed that they are close and that Carlo works very well with his team, wouldn't have won the league otherwise. Just because Carlo doesn't show in public the way Jose did his emotions and relationships with the players doesn't mean that it is any less.

exactly.

There were no pouts, no look-at-me gestures, no hurling of medals into the crowds, no mystifying statements complaining, even in the hour of glory, that he had not been given enough personal credit for Chelsea's achievements. Carlo Ancelotti smiled, hugged, waved and behaved with perfect decorum. Then he asked for a glass of wine. Under him, Chelsea have not only learnt how to win again. They have learnt how to win with class.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2010/may/10/Chelsea-carlo-ancelotti-class

Edited by Terminator X

Please don't remind me of that loser.

He lost us the Carling Cup, the League and the CL.

CL wasn't really his fault. Carling Cup doesn't bother me that much and if we had won the league that season the achievement would have been just as big as Carlo's is now. I appreciate what he has done for us with reaching our first CL-final ever. But it always irritated me that the bloke didn't seem to have any emotion at all <_<, no engagement, passion, love for the club, name it.

Carlo has a good reputation, is respected by the players, probably not the best psychological motivator, but is tactically spot on most of the time.
Exactly what I ment! It's not even that Carlo doesnt have that type of personality, its that there seems to be a language barrier that prevents such closeness, unlike the way it was in Milan. Hopefully that barrier will dissolve itself with living in England and being surrounded by the environment and language.

If JT had burried the pen, bridge got away with the harsh handball in the CC Final and ferdinand had been penalized for handball at the JJB or heskey not equalised in injury time for wigan against us at SB, Avram coulda won us the treble so its fine lines lol.

This is just a shit topic after a great day. Carlo, Roman, the players, the staff and the fans (well, most) are all strongly together and things are sweet atm. Next season will be better too. Things cant really be much better at the mo.

Leave it out

It´s not fair to call Avran Grant a loser...Mourinho won only one FA Cup in his last season. Chelsea should already have won the CL if Mourinho wasn't the manager, since he was afraid of playing against the Liverpool's poor side. I still don´t get that 04/05 semi-final...how could Chelsea fail to score one single goal against a team that was only 5th in the table of Premier League ?

Mourinho is not a winner...he is so afraid of losing, that sometimes he makes winning look difficult. Winners don´t fear losing.

It´s not fair to call Avran Grant a loser...Mourinho won only one FA Cup in his last season. Chelsea should already have won the CL if Mourinho wasn't the manager, since he was afraid of playing against the Liverpool's poor side. I still don´t get that 04/05 semi-final...how could Chelsea fail to score one single goal against a team that was only 5th in the table of Premier League ?

Mourinho is not a winner...he is so afraid of losing, that sometimes he makes winning look difficult. Winners don´t fear losing.

You say things without thinking this is a pathetic statement, mourinho is more a winner than any manager i have ever seen.