Liverpool vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess Atletico did us a favor because of them Liverpool had to play extra time and to maki it worse they were eliminated. So they won't be only physically destroyed but also mentaly which could work both ways (they play even worse against us or they try to prove that this was just a bad day and play a good last home match infront their fans).

We've seen today that they are definitely beatableat Anfield and Atletico outplayed them in the 2nd half and 1st extra time. When they needed a goal in the end they couldn't put up a single chance and Atletico defended with ease.

So I think If we play agressive and consistently in defence and fast with lots of passes and running in attack we should be able to beat them. We must play quick wings (Malouda, J.Cole) beacuse they have a lot of problem with fast wingers like today with Simao and Reyes. I also believe Drogba should have a good day against either Agger or Carragher because they seem to be out of form

GOOOO BLUESS !!

blue%20scalf.gifblue%20scalf.gif

I hope this complacency doesn't cost us the league.

This is the biggest game of the season, and wouldn't it be so like us to blow it when it's in our hands?

I'm not being pessimistic, I'm being realistic. There is NO WAY we're going to go to Anfield and beat them by three or four. They're a good side with good players who have had a shit season. They have nothing to play for. So why am I worried? Because they're going to want to prove a point. They're better now than they were in late 2009 and they beat United at home 2-0. They've won 11 of their last 12 at Anfield and drawn only one. That's how difficult the task will be.

I hope this complacency doesn't cost us the league.

This is the biggest game of the season, and wouldn't it be so like us to blow it when it's in our hands?

I'm not being pessimistic, I'm being realistic. There is NO WAY we're going to go to Anfield and beat them by three or four. They're a good side with good players who have had a shit season. They have nothing to play for. So why am I worried? Because they're going to want to prove a point. They're better now than they were in late 2009 and they beat United at home 2-0. They've won 11 of their last 12 at Anfield and drawn only one. That's how difficult the task will be.

They will cause problems if they fly out like they did for the first half against Athletico. At the end last night though, they were battered -and a big decider on HOW they play will be the the preceding results for fourth spot.

I am confident that Chelsea will win....

I'm not gonna look too much into stats but if we do the last few times we've gone there, Torres has been the one guy who has been a real problem to us, he's not playing. We can't describe how big that really is, it's huge in all honesty. Gerrard has been non existent against us in the past. Also the last time we went to anfield was in a very big game, a Champions League Quarter Final and we stuffed em 3-1 and played magnificently (Ivanovic - A Legend was born). When we lost 2-0 to them in the league, we were in a bad period with a lot of uncertainty and no confidence. In that period we lost 3-0 at old trafford and was all over the place. We turned it round under Hiddink and done them big style there.

This is all in our favour, we have pretty much a fully fit team at this stage of the season except Essien. We'll have more than a good enough team to go there and turn them over and if we do, there's no way we'll throw it away against wigan.

We've had a week to rest, Liverpool will be more tired as the Atletico game might be a tough one because they are chasing a 1-0 deficit.

TBH it's all in our favour, we've just gotta go out and do it now. We're in good shape.

I definitely agree with this. Was it Luis Scolari who managed us in that 2-0 defeat to Liverpool in the league at Anfield. Wasn't he a poor manager?? :whistling:

We definitely responded well to losing to Spurs by beating Stoke by 7 goals, it gives us the belief that we can turn over a Liverpool side who had to go through extra time last night to try to get to the Europa League final, which they didn't, so heads will be down, unless they are battling for fourth, which I don't really see them getting in all honesty, but that's only if Spurs can beat Manchester City and all but cement it.

At the end of the day, we know what we need to do. Get 2 more wins, and once we do that, who gives a fuck what Red Nose Fergie's side does, we'll have won the league :blue scalf:

They've won 11 of their last 12 at Anfield and drawn only one.

Two things...

1) Arsenal have beaten them at Anfield, they were probably in their bad patch at the time but from that it shows that a team like us can go out and win there.

2) Man United until they played us only lost once to Villa at Old Trafford in the league, and we beat them 2-1

anything is possible! :smiliecap1:

Edited by CJ Revo

is it easy ???? no

is it hard ?????? no

is it doable ???? yes , very doable

i know it's not gonna be easy at all but it's in our hands as well because with liverpools current form if we play with great intensity and be at our best Liverpool's won't be able to do nothing ..... so all we need to know is those 90 min. of that specific clash will either make this season the greatest season of our history or one of the most disappointing .... the players have to give everything .. everything ...i don't want them to stop running .....

why save their efforts ?????

i think this is not just the biggest match of the season this can be one of the greatest match in history and as well can be one of the biggest pain in the ass like Moscow-2008 ..... but hopefully the lads are up for it

Ballack played one good game at DM and he is fantastic, but when Mikel plays one bad game at DM he is shit.

Mikel played like 30+ games at DM and he played very good and replaced Essien which isn't easy because Essien is the best DM in the world. People are constantly bashing on Mikel and I think it's not fair, this year I paid special attention on his games and his passing is fantastic and he also improved his tackling. Ballack is very experienced but i would still prefer Mikel for this game because he is a better passer and makes our team tick from the back.