Man Utd vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

COME ON BOYS LETS GO ON AND WIN IT AND NOT FUCK UP THIS TIME.

Like Jim said, every single game is now a huge cup final. Don't look at United fixtures, let's just concentrate on our own performances Chels! Everything is in our hands!

Super result, super performance made all the sweeter by so many "pundits" and the like saying we wouldnt be able to do it at OT. With the pressure on, without star man Drogba, we played the Mancs off the pitch in the first half and, channeling the spirit of Mourinho's Chelsea, we were water tight in the second half.

For every bit as offside as Drogba's goal was, Macheda's goal was just as much a handball so it all evens out. The best team won on the day, that Drogba goal might go down as one of my all time favourites.

Come on Chelsea !

We deserved that win 100%

We totally outplayed them in the first 45, and in the second we soaked up everything they had to offer.

They should have had a penalty, but 3 minutes later so should we! Our goal was offside but their goal was handball so no excuses Fergie!!

Well done boys, my ratings:

Cech - 7- a few routine saves, distribution was poor though.

Ferriera - 8 - defended well and was a danger going forward, good passing and movement

Terry - 8 - was solid as a rock in the second half

Alex - 8 - Solid throughout

Zirkhov - 9 - kept Valencia in his pocket and caused Neville problems going forward

Mikel - 8 - Routine performance, did go wandering a bit in the second half though allowing the manc to press

Lampard - 7 - battled hard and got stuck in, didnt see much of him in the final third though

Deco - 7 - some nice passing and worked hard to keep Scholes from having time on the ball

Malouda - 9 - was one of his best performances in a CFC shirt, was strong, lively, and a contstant threat

J Cole - 8 - Good display, worked very hard, could do with pulling the trigger a bit more in the final third, but his goal was well taken and will give him confidence (sign him up)

Anelka - 8 - done well without making too much of an impact, some nice pass and moving

Subs:

Drogba - 8 - Took his goal superbly, and defended for the team afterwards

Kalou - 7 - falied to make too much of an impact, but held the ball up well

Ballack - 6 - made one very good tackle when defending in injury time.

MOTM: Malouda.

And here it begins:

Sir Alex Ferguson slammed the match officials as Chelsea leapfrogged Manchester United at the top of the table with a 2-1 win at Old Trafford.

Didier Drogbaspacer.gif scored a contentious second goal for Chelsea after Joe Colespacer.gif had given the visitors a first-half lead.

Drogba appeared to be in an offside position as he collected Salomon Kalou's pass before smashing the ball past Edwin van der Sar.spacer.gif

Fergusonspacer.gif was left fuming that the goal was allowed to stand as Federico Macheda's late effort proved to be a mere consolation for the home side.

Poor performance

"What I can't understand is the linesman's directly in front of it," Ferguson told Sky Sports 1. "He has no-one near him and he gets it wrong.

"A game of that magnitude, you really need quality officials and we didn't get them today. It was a poor, poor performance."

Referee Mike Deanspacer.gif has been in the spotlight this week after Blackburn's Martin Olssonspacer.gif admitted he deliberately went down in the area at Burnley because of Dean's reputation for giving penalties.

United had two penalty appeals turned down at Old Trafford while Chelsea also looked to have a good shout when Gary Nevillespacer.gif barged Nicolas Anelka.spacer.gif

Asked whether Dean had been affected by the comments, Ferguson added: "I don't know about that but when I saw Mike Dean I did worry, I must admit."

Favourites

The win moves Chelsea two points clear of United with five games to go, and Ferguson believes Carlo Ancelotti's men are favourites for the title."Five games left, they're two points ahead and four goals better than us - they're in the driving seat," continued Ferguson.

"Chelsea are favourites now, there's no question. I'm certain we'll respond but we could win the next five games and not win it."

What an arse, I find it funny how he suddenly forgets Macheda's handball goal, go fuck off you wanker

The officials were poor today, but who gives a fuck, we won, we deserved to win, and were top of the league, get in there.

Decisions always go for you at times, and at others they go against you. Thats football.

Edited by Luke